Assault Cube League (Ideas)
4v4 would be nice. 5v5 even would make nice games as well. Although it will be very hard to get 4-5 people to actually join at the right time. 3v3 is better for simple time and logistics. Power would also work for a map. Methinks someone didn't do much thinking when suggesting only iceroad and depot for bigger teams. Riverside would be the best, but for some odd reason it's not official.
Thanks given by:
Hmmm, ac_avenue2 would be nice for that.
Thanks given by:
(26 Dec 10, 12:15AM)DES|V-Man Wrote: Hmmm, ac_avenue2 would be nice for that.

YES! Is a very nice map!! Hard imo.
Thanks given by:
hehe, maybe AC clans will start using vent or something while in matches, if these games will require teamwork as they are larger than the standard 3x3
Thanks given by:
Vent, nty :)
TS3 FTW.
Thanks given by:
-Update About This League-

So in these days that we rest from our daily routine I took a few hours to visit almost 30 forums of AC Clans for know about them and invite some of them to this project and also because we receive several mps and mails asking for an invitation and suggestions.

Well we have heard some of them and these are the changes:

CHANGE No.1
A) About the Duration of Championships.

There will be only 2 championships (Summer and Winter Championship) from February to June and from August to December. So more time between each game, for playoffs and a break between the Championships.

CHANGE No.2
B) About the Number of Teams and Division (by request too).

First from 16 teams we go to 24 and now we expand to 32.

Being now like this:

Premier Division of 16 Teams split into 2 groups of 8: The Honor Group and the Pride Group. At the end of the season the groups winners will got a Playoff Final to determine the Champion. The last place in each group will descend to the Second Division and the 7 places will got a Playoff to set down the 3 team for descend.

Second Division of 8 Teams where the top 3 teams amounts to the Premier League directly, the last place will descend to the 3 Division and the 7 place will got a Playoff with the second of the 3 Division, if they lose go down to 3 Division otherwise it remains in 2 Division.

Third Division of 8 Teams where only the best go directly to 2 Division, the 2 place will got a Playoff for try to ascend to 2 Division, here the last 3 places probably get kicked from the League for giving the opportunity to another 3 new Teams.

Something very important about this 3 Division is that we will make an exception about the minimum number of players for the games, cause most of these Clans are new and small, perhaps this League will help them to be known and recruit more players and grow up.
So the minimum of players for games in this Division is 3v3.

In the others remains 4v4 minimum for matches and those who say ohh! but we are only 3 or 4, well you better start making friends in the game and recruit cause you will can register even 15 players for your team and do not necessarily have to be in your clan, they could be just your game friends.

Also the game modes and way of score and points is the same as we say in the first post.

CHANGE No.3
C) Inclusion from now of Custom Maps and Prohibit Certain Movement.

Official maps are not enough, so now every participating team will propose 2 Custom Maps through their team representative (remember we ask you nominate one) and we will chose 10 or 15 of them for be played.

We also agreed that the “Rifle Sprint” in CTF when you got the Flag is not allowed and will be penalized. In everything else is allowed. We also keep an eye in that scripts which give a great advantage over those who do not use, example that Sniper-Pistol script, you know we play other games and we see AC is the only game where you can go all around with the sniper and fighting like if was a weapon of massive attack and not a tactical one, yea is fun but I personally believe it is just one of the misunderstood concepts in this game but hey that's another topic.

Good News
The Idea of a Ladder for the League.

Besides you will can upload Demos and Screenshots in the web of the League, well from the beginning we had thought about a basic Ladder for the League and have 2 servers an European and an American server exclusively for the League games, but we thought it was too much for the first season but guess what we already asking to BillyBoB from {BoB} Clan to help us in this issue and we receive a positive response from him, so you will know about this later (BTW we will need someone help whit the American server) also who knows maybe it will eventually expand whit the time and become a big Ladder.

Check out their Ladder:
http://bob-ac.co.uk/Ladder/index.php?link=ranks

BTW you think we should make a IRC Chanel for the League or the know IRC Channels of the Clans are enough?

And finally these are the Clans invited: (If you and your clan want to participate just ask)

Premier League:

1. [aCKa]
2. #M|A#
3. ~FEL~
4. =MyS=
5. {TyD}
6. IAF|
7. O3|
8. |BC|
9. DES|
10. w00p|
11. {BoB}
12. -xW-
13. |eR|
14. |BME|
15. KH|
16. iOD|
17. C|R & :TWH (alliance only for the League)
18. A&D
19. [ED] 1

Obviously 3 of these teams will remain outside cause is only for 16

Second Division:
1. |TaS_
2. o2|
3. Xu|
4. *GrZ|
5. =By3=
6. {TBR}
7. |FmC|
8. 610|
9. FD*
10. {IAM}
11. PB & BCFH (alliance only for the League)
12. [ED] 2

Here too 4 of these teams will remain outside cause is only for 8

Third Division:
1. |FEAR|
2. |AMP|
3. |FOX|
4. |DTF|
5. {Over}
6. -m&m*
7. |RK|
8. *rAgE*
9. |R!sK*
10. \WuT/
11. [ED] 3

Again 3 of these teams will remain outside cause is only for 8

BTW one last thing I have to say to these last clans: Stop the double clanning and change from clan like you change from T-shirt lol

Clans no invited due to technical problems:
|oNe|: account not activated in their forum even when I ask some of them in game and irc Channel
HyPE|: impossible to register in their forum due to an “invisible code of activation” even in all my browsers lol

So I suggest these 2 clans go directly to the website of the League if they want participate, you are officially invited.

I try to find the clan whit tag {A.D.A} cause Ada Ligia reminds me a pretty girl that I know but I couldn’t lol

OK the page will be open for registration until January 20, after that the registration is closed. All the Clans that do not confirm his participation at that time we simply dismiss his invitation and will be given to another Clan that is on the waiting list. After that we make the Calendar and ready to play.

So that’s it folks, from our part we are done, we are just outstanding about the Ladder issue.

Now is up to you about your participation and your Clan.

cya in the game

Web of the League:
League of Destruction (LD)

And here are some Tutorials in English for those who will participate in the League:
Tutorials For Use The Web Page

and for those who asked ohh who the f%&¨ is [ED] this is just a small information
http://wiki.cubers.net/action/view/Emiss...estruction
Thanks given by:
(28 Dec 10, 12:41AM)Alex007 Wrote: We also agreed that the “Rifle Sprint” in CTF when you got the Flag is not allowed and will be penalized.
Are you serious... :/
Thanks given by:
(28 Dec 10, 01:13AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote:
(28 Dec 10, 12:41AM)Alex007 Wrote: We also agreed that the “Rifle Sprint” in CTF when you got the Flag is not allowed and will be penalized.

yep

"Fair Play and Competitiveness" is the motto
Thanks given by:
(28 Dec 10, 01:13AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote:

Rifle running is a part of this game and should not be penalised imo, if i'm firing at an enemy while running backwards i automatically do it, it's impossible not to.

I really think you need to rethink this rule.
Thanks given by:
I would tend to agree with this rule. It is something built into the game, it is there for a reason. Would you ban ledge jumping? Or even crouch jumping? :O
Thanks given by:
Is only when you got the Flag in CTF and you want to score Billy, in everything else is allowed and the only thing we want is to prevent the abuse of this practice because there are maps that are provided for that abuse like Shine in the middle so it is best not to allow that from now, but yea the person who will reviewing the demos should be careful when is a normal movement and when is not

if not where is the game? where is the Fair Play and Competitiveness?

if not will consist only in just take the Flag and do Rifle Sprint well that's not real playing

but if the majority believes that shoul be allowed then will be

BTW I forget to say that there is a limited espace of teams in the web of 16 right now, we will fix that later for 32

Cheers
Thanks given by:
Umm...
So people with skills should not be allowed to use them, because that would not be fair?
Sounds like you guys simply don't want to get beat by teams that have better strategies.
Thanks given by:

How about penalizing headshots too?
They give the sniper an unfair advantage..
-.-
Thanks given by:
we (oNe) will participate in your league if you remove your stupid rifle running rule, its a part of the game and always has being.
i also suggest 3vs3 instead of 4vs4, as 4vs4 feels more like a pub than a clan match.
Thanks given by:
Goddamn I was writing a longer post but I clicked backward on browser and all was erased :(

First of all, happy holidays!

Before quoting some posts, I would like to say some things about Alex post. Both points 1 and 2 are subject to change (as some other stuff posted), because we are still finishing League rules. Mainly, because of time limits and league formats. I would not extend into this because, as said, rules are still about to be finished.

Just wait for an official news on our League Site (be patient! yall will be adviced). Main while, get your clans and players registered on league site ;)

Now to the quotes, sorry if I will be shorter on answers but I got pissed off with my browser xD.

(28 Dec 10, 06:42AM)Zarj Wrote: So people with skills should not be allowed to use them, because that would not be fair?

You are calling skills what I call bug exploit. I don't really think devs made AR Sprint for first. Most probably, they found a simple way to produce recoil on the weapon which later, by some brilliant player (not joking), was used to get an advantage over the rest of players.

I haven't seen a single game giving advantage to the flag carrier, but even seen game giving disadvantages to him, so where is the point on giving an advantage over an already dead team? We try to raise team play, work better 'flag carrier cover' with your team mates and you won't even notice that AR Sprint is forbidden.

(28 Dec 10, 06:42AM)Zarj Wrote: Sounds like you guys simply don't want to get beat by teams that have better strategies.

I don't think 'run the flag faster than when getting it' it's any tactical (of course not a strategy), but the point here is not about being raped or not. Believe me that ED inexperience gap won't be saved by any of such rules, but with training and sacrifice of our members.

I don't even mind to loose all the matches, as longer we try to do our best on all them. We play for fun and competition, not trying to create an 'AC ED Real'.

(28 Dec 10, 11:50AM)Undead Wrote: we (oNe) will participate in your league if you remove your stupid rifle running rule, its a part of the game and always has being.

We already though there will be clans (no one in particular, just logic) that won't participate because of ruleset. With ALL the respect, we don't care. When it rains, some people are happy while others are not; same happens with rules. Some rules, are result of ED gaming philosophy and simply won't be changed because that would mean regretting our own principles.

I won't like to seem arrogant, but if one clan does not participate on the league ==> no problem. If 10 clans does not participate on the league ==> no problem. If no clans participate on the league ==> even better, I now have free time!!

As said on the start, expect soon a definitive version of rules and a news on our league site (although we will give an advice here), and main while register your clan and members on the league site ;)
Thanks given by:
I don't think 'run the flag faster than when getting it' it's any tactical (of course not a strategy), but the point here is not about being raped or not. Believe me that ED inexperience gap won't be saved by any of such rules, but with training and sacrifice of our members.

you admit inexperience, so why so stubborn when alot of skilled long time players are telling you this banning of the rifle sprint with the flag is nonsense?
Thanks given by:
1) Are TgS invited?
2) Disallowing rifle sprinting is less of a question of ethics/fairness as it is a question of player support. Penalizing it will cost you the support and participation of many players.
3) http://assault.cubers.net/docs/maneuvers.html -- it is intended and dev-documented.
Thanks given by:
*GrZ| in second league...

You are not serious....
Thanks given by:
What!?

Players should be allowed to compete with whatever they can, as long as it's not cheating. It's not cheating to rifle sprint. It's a documented feature.

Might as well disallow strafe running...
Thanks given by:
Why dont we make it knife only? Weapons can kill on a long range ...
Thanks given by:
Can we SMG sprint?
But seriously, it's reflex for most of us.
Thanks given by:
(28 Dec 10, 03:24PM)Vermi Wrote: you admit inexperience, so why so stubborn when alot of skilled long time players are telling you this banning of the rifle sprint with the flag is nonsense?

There is a difference between clanning (and match clanning) inexperience, and AC (or gaming) inexperience. I though it was easier to understand which kind of inexperience I was talking about, as we were talking about in-game results :)

In stock markets, you are allowed to sell shares at a lower price than their real one (so the market value will lower), without having even one of that shares. It's actually done by the main brokers and commonly accepted, does it means is fair?

(28 Dec 10, 03:47PM)DES|V-Man Wrote: 1) Are TgS invited?
2) Disallowing rifle sprinting is less of a question of ethics/fairness as it is a question of player support. Penalizing it will cost you the support and participation of many players.
3) http://assault.cubers.net/docs/maneuvers.html -- it is intended and dev-documented.

Rearding 1) TgS is not actually invited. About 2) Assault Rifle Sprinting (which is not 'exactly' rifle sprinting) is not allowed ONLY when the player is in possession of the flag, in all other cases players are allowed to use it. Finally, I bet 3) was not documented since the first day.

(28 Dec 10, 04:19PM)AtoMikK Wrote: *GrZ| in second league...

You are not serious....

The first think I have done is looking for your nick on GrZ rooster, and in fact you were there. As I said on one of my latest posts, all Alex post is still temporary and very susceptible to change.

We can't say who will be on Honor, Premier, Second or even third division, mainly because we first have to wait until sign ups ends in order to know who is really participating this league. I think the list provided by Alex is a sort of experiment we have talked about, trying to mix veterancy and ladders positions. This can be a way to do it, but it can also be done by a little draw (toss) between groups of clan.

As I can't preview the future, I can't say on which division/league your clan will be starting (maybe not even starting if you guys doesn't sign up). What I can say is, and this can be applied to any other clan, that when officially placed on the different leagues you feel your clan deserve to be on a superior division, don't come to a forum with such a post but instead go and win all the matches needed in order to get the promotion ;)

EDIT: Some other posts while I was writing my own :P but I guess I'm still answering them too, so np :)
Thanks given by:
(28 Dec 10, 12:41AM)Alex007 Wrote: Premier League:
1. [aCKa]
2. #M|A#
3. ~FEL~
4. =MyS=
5. {TyD}
6. IAF|
7. O3|
8. |BC|
9. DES|
10. w00p|
11. {BoB}
12. -xW-
13. |eR|
14. |BME|
15. KH|
16. iOD|
17. C|R & :TWH (alliance only for the League)
18. A&D
19. [ED] 1

Second Division:
1. |TaS_
2. o2|
3. Xu|
4. *GrZ|
5. =By3=
6. {TBR}
7. |FmC|
8. 610|
9. FD*
10. {IAM}
11. PB & BCFH (alliance only for the League)
12. [ED] 2

LOL i think that if GrZ is in second league and FEL is in 1 league, so MyS should stay in second league. then please change MyS position in second league.
Thanks given by:
I will tell you a secret:
There are 3 of us organizing this League (4 since yesterday with Billybob)
Dade, VallDigna and I

And 1 of us thinks that the Rifle Sprint should not be allowed, and 2 of us think that is a funny part of the game and is ok.

So next time when the 3 of us talk in Mumble will vote and the majority will win, we couldn’t do this before cause 2 of us was out for Christmas.

So for sure Rifle Sprint would be allowed cause yes is part of the game and I personally think everyone is free to play as they want

except I hate campers lol
¡Die Campers!

BTW some of you sound very serious including you Dade O.O so relax mates just let's play.............

Happy fragin
Thanks given by:
(28 Dec 10, 07:03PM)Dade Wrote: Finally, I bet 3) was not documented since the first day.

Sorry I know I'm really close to beating a dead horse (or dog, whichever you prefer) but AC is still in development, In fact, I believe the day the Devs leave will be the fall of AC. AC relies on constant change, and it needs to because of all of the unfinished work. Bugs are a common occurrence, it is not completely stable. For those who say 1.1 was worse, it actually has less bugs now.
The point of this is, is that the game play is always changing. The carbine wasn't documented until well after its release (the docs are still out of date, with all the change RK is doing a good job), so are you going to make the two hit kill weapon illegal as well?
I'm glad the majority will rule :)

(please dont respond to this, I just dont like misconceptions)
Thanks given by:
I suppose I'll wait until a league is organized which understands this game. Thanks though.
Thanks given by:
I'm fine with the devision we're in. The teams seem fair. But I'd like to merge the team with another clan as we have 8 o2| members in total and only 3-4 of them will be participating. PM me if interested, thanks.
Thanks given by:
We have the final decision about the Rifle Sprint issue and this is what happen:

In the beginning was a fight of two against one, two in favor and one against and each side expose his arguments. But after that things changed and was two against that and one in favor and we keep discussing and the time for final vote came in this was the result:

About penalize the Rifle Sprint only when you got the enemy Flag in CTF:
2 votes in favor
1 vote against

Sorry guys I fight to the end but we are in a Democracy and the majority wins

¡VIVA LA DEMOCRACIA! U_U lol

But at least I reach an agreement about use this in first season as a experiment, if the things don’t work out and they realized that penalize the Rifle Sprint when you got the enemy Flag in CTF is a mistake, they will apologized to the AC community and allowing in the second season.

So you just play and the person who will reviewing the demos are going to decide.

Now I want to answer to a question I received:

There are 2 ways of register the teams:

A) The representative or Captain can make the team and register all his teammates in the web and then adding to the team. He will need the E-mails and nicks of all his mates for make every user here:
http://clan-ed.com/tu-perfil/registers.php

B) Every one can do it himself registering in the link above and later adding to the team he want in the web.

More Info here:
http://clan-ed.com/foros/bunker-assault-...nglish.php

You can register 15 players maximum for your team and do not necessarily have to be in your clan, they could be just your game friends.

Also every team can send me the 2 Custom Maps you will like to play in the League we will chose 10 of them, do it in a Rar Archive and send me that

So we hope to see you participate cause I remember you that the initial topic of this is “Assault Cube League Ideas” and how we all can help to make one and from our part this is how we want to help.

So if you don’t participate is cool to and no hard feelings, just we let you know that everybody is welcome now and in the future and “WE” the Clan [ED] will keeping supporting this League until we continue playing this great and funny Open Source game called Assault Cube, we enjoy this game and that’s why we chose AC for keeping expanding our old clan.

So we would like to see you starting a project too if you can cause we think others can do it too, we started this because nobody else is doing and some good projects recently disappeared like Hi-Skill, so if you do we will definitely be there to support.

That’s it, enough talking and more gaming.

More news about a tiny Ladder for the League with Billybob soon.

cya in the game
Thanks given by:
I'm sorry, but that is just straight on ridiculous. Thank you for the offer, but iOD will not participate if rifle sprint is penalized.
Thanks given by:
I understand I also want Rifle Sprint titi but the questions is the 2 sides have good arguments like is part of the game all do that etc etc, and the others that could be an abuse practice, is no professional and competitive in some maps like ac_shine you even don't touch the floor and in 2 seconds you score etc etc.

So I understand that for most AC player is ridiculous especially for the youngest one who probably this is their 2 or 3 online FPS, but for others like us who have over 10 years playing many FPS and 8 as a Clan is not so much ridiculous even some of us like Dade are supervisors in professional tournaments in http://clanbase.com/ and initiator of other Leagues in other games so we know what are we talking about, we just want make this a little more fair and challenging for all

besides this rule is experimental in this first season if the things don’t work out will be allowed in the second one

So is ok iOD would be welcome at any time and same for all
Thanks given by: