Douze CTF.
Not sure what section to put this in so if it is in the wrong place I apologise, I also apologise for a probably pointless post.

<rant>

Ok so i'm getting sick of seeing douze played on servers with anything more than 6 players. For some reason every noob seems to love douze, i'm not sure why.

Is there some kind of size restriction that could be put in place so what we don't get 20 players on one douze map? It's really dumb, or at least for a small amount of time.

I appreciate that obviously some people appreciate it, but all I'm seeing on the masterlist now is full servers of ctf @ douze, which to me is just stupid.

Sure it may be good for a 1v1 or something, but you cannot honestly tell me that douze is designed to house 10 players on each team?

To me it ruins any skill, tatics that you may hope to use through the course of a match, and I really don't know how people *enjoy* being stuck in that tiny little square for 15 minutes. I'm yet to play a full match there.

</rant>

So yeah i'm just curious as to other peoples thoughts, are any other people getting frustrated with it constantly voted in or used with huge amounts of people in a server?
Thanks given by:
That is why i don't play as often as i once did. why have all these mapping limitations if this shit map is being chosen all the time
Thanks given by:
DOUZE FAILZ

...well most the time. if there are too many people then its gash! it should be like FFA only

EDIT: if Douze was a player, i would teabag them.
Thanks given by:
(13 Dec 10, 03:45PM)mykegregory Wrote: EDIT: if Douze was a player, i would teabag them.

I am Douze
Thanks given by:
itz eazy to git to no douzhe. i no it liek teh bakc of meh hand! :D
Thanks given by:
I love Douze for small matches, like 2-6 players. But yeah, too much is too much.
Thanks given by:
I have been ranting on silly map/mode combinations ever since, but it's like a lot of players don't like AssaultCube and therefore they're constantly trying to change it into something different at any chance.

Maybe the server simply shouldn't allow for excessively repeating one map. But then again a lot of people will consider this as a deep cut into their "freedom of choice".

So, which way to go now?
Thanks given by:
Douze is a good map, but it wasn't designed to be played in CTF mode, and I think the original map didn't have flag spawns, so the one people play now is modified, or am I wrong?
Thanks given by:
Quote:-Amap

Use this, to disable manual voting for a whitelisted map for non-admins. Use separate switches for several map names. You can still use those maps in the maprotation. Example: disable voting for ac_desert and ac_snow "-Aac_desert -Aac_snow".
Thanks given by:
I luv douze cus i get easy headshots and people call me and my LUV partner hackers ;-)
Edit: grammatically correct, specially for you V-Man <3
Thanks given by:
<3 titi

Like I said, Douze is really easy to memorize. Newbies have been playing AC for only long enough to be comfortable with that, and maybe one or two other small maps. That explains their preference for it.
Thanks given by:
(13 Dec 10, 05:53PM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: Maybe the server simply shouldn't allow for excessively repeating one map. But then again a lot of people will consider this as a deep cut into their "freedom of choice".

So, which way to go now?
I think there should be freedom to go with just about any map and mode, however bad the map or just the combination is. I don't think there should be a "freedom" to play the same map or mode over and over and over and over and over again.

Freedom in AC has always (to me) meant variety. Variety of maps, good, bad, crap, decent attemps, silly, whatever. Variety of modes too - douze CTF was quite fun the first few times until people starteed grinding it.
Thanks given by:
I only play headshot city, twin towers and other maps like that. They are really awesome.
Thanks given by:
Your freedom is to not play on "desert 24/7 UBER 1337 5uP3R 5N!P3R CLAN SERVER"
Thanks given by:
(13 Dec 10, 03:55PM)CicloN Wrote:
(13 Dec 10, 03:45PM)mykegregory Wrote: EDIT: if Douze was a player, i would teabag them.

I am Douze

...*squish squish squish*

Thanks given by:
Douze CTF is really fun. You don't have to use leet strategical skills to beat someone, just point and click instead. Although you all know my preference... RIVERSIDE. Amazing how the massively over-used and abused Douze is official when Riverside far surpasses it in everything. Pure awesomeness exists in that map, and everytime it is played I come away dripping with beastliness. Riverside for official!! A&D_Shadow created it by the way, same shimmy who made Elevation, which is an official map.

F1 for Riverside!!
Thanks given by:
high-player games of CTF douze are retarded, end of story. eliminates all skill and strategy from the game no matter how much anyone will ever think otherwise.
Thanks given by:
then dont play douze (case closed)
Thanks given by:
i like to play Douze, you don't need to be skilled to kill someone .
what is more dificult ... get a flag in depot with 10 players or in douze with 20 with everybody shooting at the same time ....

f1 for riverside too MK :)
Thanks given by:
Douze can be a laugh if I don't want to think too hard. Every version of AC I've ever known has a map that gets abused hard. Things seem to have calmed down a bit, there are always other options.
Thanks given by:
actually, it can take quite a bit of skillz, especially when you are playing against people like this:
[Image: 20101216011925acdouzect.th.jpg]
:D :D GG!!

i was there, but i had to leave early :'(

oh, and fyi, it was insta CTF. great fun 8D

1.1.0.4 Demo
look at Zarj's aimbot ;) haha
Thanks given by:
What are you doing spreading around my fail? That game was ridiculous - no ambushing or using clever jumps to get behind your enemy. ac_douze is just a shooting gallery.
Thanks given by:
shooting range is more like it. looking back, i dont think i was able to spawn and survive for more than 30 seconds xP
Thanks given by:
It was a 3v3 game, even tho the screenie doesn't seem to suggest that :p
Thanks given by:
(13 Dec 10, 03:55PM)CicloN Wrote:

I am Douze

No me.
Thanks given by:
Hey now! You're just saying that because of
mykegregory Wrote:if Douze was a player, i would teabag them.

So get in line!
mykegregory Wrote:...*squish squish squish*
Thanks given by:
Positive point: Douze is a small map full of noobs. If it is played with 10 people/team. That means i can do easy 10 headshots with my epic sniper hack. Easy kills for Infinite over there!
Negative: Indeed douze and he's noobs are taking over assault cube. I can barely find any ac_depot servers etc for people who do have skill... :(
Thanks given by:
douze:good for 1v1 and possibly 3v3 but no more than six!

I hate playing games of 15+ people when they decide to vote douze T/OSOK and ruin a good game.

Except for that one time...
[Image: 20101030193637acdouzeto.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(19 Dec 10, 04:49PM)Dark$aint Wrote: douze:good for 1v1 and possibly 3v3 but no more than six!

I hate playing games of 15+ people when they decide to vote douze T/OSOK and ruin a good game.

Except for that one time...
[Image: 20101030193637acdouzeto.jpg]

not even good mate, sorry.

Thanks given by:
If the Douze game allows more than 6 players to play it, then what is wrong? I know it can be boring if there are too many playing at one time – but then I suppose you can’t complain because people like to come and play – you can either continue to play and go elsewhere where you find less players I suppose!!
Thanks given by: