Help with a mouse g500 logitech
Hi all, I come here to call some help from you...
A few days ago, I bought a mouse ( Logitech G500 gaming mouse ) and I wanted to configure it but I don't know how to...
I wanted to put the 10th button ( the rectangular one next to the thumb ) for " Next Weapon " in Keyboard Settings but AC doesn't recognize any button...
If would be nice if you would help me... Thanks for reading me.
Thanks given by:
AC recognise the default 5 mouse buttons, you can add more if you like:
check the config/resetbinds.cfg file to see how the other keys are defaultly setted,

to add more mouse keys, open the config/autoexec.cfg file, and type this:
keymap -6 MOUSE6
bind MOUSE6 []

keymap -7 MOUSE7
bind MOUSE7 []

you can add more, i only make use of those, write in the "[]" what you want it to do (example: [attack], [secondary], [reload], [melee; attack])
Thanks given by:
Why didn't you put your real name to come on teamspeak and ask this?
Thanks given by:
Haed if that doesnt work for you, you can use the logitech driver software to remap any mouse button to any keyboard key and then bind that. The game doesn't recognize my G9's left and right mouse wheel click for example, and I once did it that way, but now don't use it anyway ;)
Thanks given by:
My training nickname is Noob...
Macm : What do I have to type for " Next Weapon " please ?
Thanks given by:
You training yourself on TeamSpeak 3? hum...
Thanks given by:
(08 Dec 10, 05:26PM)Haed Wrote: ...What do I have to type for " Next Weapon " please ?
shiftweapon 1

eg,
bind MOUSE6 [shiftweapon 1]
in autoexec.cfg
Thanks given by:
Thanks
Thanks given by:
Some general mouse tips anyway...Change the polling rate to 500hz, use 6/11 windows sens and markthec's mousefix (google this) to reduce mouse lag, give a more correct and accurate mouse input and disable all acceleration (unless in game).
Also, change the feet to something like hyperglides if you can (steelseries, again, google this).

Thanks given by:
It doesn't work... The button next to the thumb is not recognized by autoexec.cfg
It doesn't work... The command you gave me is for " Previous weapon " and I would want " Next Weapon ", thanks...
Thanks given by:
(09 Dec 10, 04:36PM)Haed Wrote: ...The command you gave me is for " Previous weapon " and I would want " Next Weapon "...
I guess that depends on your definitions of next and previous.
shiftweapon -1

Thanks given by:
(09 Dec 10, 04:51PM)jamz Wrote: I guess that depends on your definitions of next and previous.
Served.
I'd say it would be smarter to bind
universaldelta 1
and
universaldelta -1
, so it will work for spec and editing as well.
Thanks given by:
There's also a script for this, is there not?
Thanks given by:
Script to do what? They're just binds.
Edit: Well, binds can do a lot.
Thanks given by:
(09 Dec 10, 10:50PM)Gibstick Wrote: Script to do what? They're just binds.
Edit: Well, binds can do a lot.

Oh never mind. I thought AC didn't recognize buttons past 5, so someone had made a script to allow people to use more. Silly me, thinking a script could do that.
Thanks given by:
Technically, keymap.cfg is a script. Adding entries is editing the script.
Thanks given by: