GUI server help
I have tried downloading the files for GUI server and then tried running it but everytime i get an error message saying "this application has failed to start because QtCore4.dll was not found." and i cant get it to run! I am using Windows XP so can someone please help me with a GUI server thanks
Thanks given by:
Look carefully at the first post in the GUI server thread, where it has a link for the QT runtimes. That's what you want.
Thanks given by:
I have tried that MULTIPLE times! and it still wont work
Thanks given by:
Then search your hard drive for QtCore4.dll, making sure that there's a copy in either your Windows\System32 folder or in the same folder as the GUI server program.
Thanks given by:
When i attempt to run the GUI server i get an application error and it states "The instruction at '0x6d056aa1' referenced memory at '0x00000048'.the memory could not be 'read'
click ok to terminate the program
click cancel to debug the program"
Thanks given by:
I think it would be a good idea to discontinue that mod :/
Thanks given by:
You were told before that it would only attract noobs ;)
(Not your fault anyway. It's a cool piece of software, but some seem to think it's a cheap solution for those who aren't smart enough to run a command line server)
Thanks given by:
(10 Dec 10, 07:04PM)tempest Wrote: You were told before that it would only attract noobs ;)
(Not your fault anyway. It's a cool piece of software, but some seem to think it's a cheap solution for those who aren't smart enough to run a command line server)

i concur. ms-dos ftw!! :D

justinbieber, i think that means that you are running out of ram? idk for sure but i think thats what it is.
Thanks given by:
@justinbieber: I guess you have an incompatible QT runtime. Put the files from the archive into the bin folder within your AC installation (probably C:\ProgramFiles\AssaultCube or something like that).

Package managers ftw, ms-dos and friends can go die.
Thanks given by:
Toca, release it with nice big bold friendly letters:
We Do NOT support this product!
Thanks given by:
Hey I got gui server to open on my computer, but when I try to open a server with it, i then get my error message and my server wont start.
Thanks given by:
(14 Dec 10, 04:55PM)|FOX|X-Ray_Dog Wrote: Hey I got gui server to open on my computer, but when I try to open a server with it, i then get my error message and my server wont start.

Forum Rules Wrote:14. Do not post new problems on someone else's thread and interrupt a topic of discussion.

new thread pl0x. and give us the error :P
Thanks given by:
well they hadn't talked for a while and its essentially the same problem and sorry. its just the windows window that comes up and says this program needs to close, with the option to send an error report.
Thanks given by:
(10 Dec 10, 07:04PM)tempest Wrote: You were told before that it would only attract noobs ;)

I can run a normal server and do. But I would like very much a client form of the GUI so that I can see chat, scores, a top down view of players, etc. the way GUIServer provides. It'd be neat /hint
Thanks given by: