Ideas
How about allow server owners to script/create their own modes? I don't run servers so I don't know how much cubescript power is already available, but this is one thing that should be available (even if it's just in config files, not cubescript).
Thanks given by:
Prevent servers from nick-blocking "unarmed". It is a tremendously stupid practice.
Thanks given by:
(02 Jun 12, 08:31PM)Mael Wrote: ...
Agreed. Most 'unarmed's are aliased anyway, seeing as you're encouraged to change your nick as soon as you open AC.
I think it was originally done so new players couldn't just jump into a gema server and start killing everyone.
Thanks given by:
I'm stunned people are ignorant enough to use it on non-gema servers.
Thanks given by:
Can we just stop the default name being unarmed?, make people select their names, It will make the game that much more immersive, if I see players who i recognize and have played with in the past I am much more likely to stick around and pub.
Thanks given by:
You don't get it, eh? 99% of the unarmeds out there are people who intentionally use that name. Changing the default won't matter at all. Also, this is irrelevant anyway because a default is technically required.
Thanks given by:
(05 Jun 12, 10:35AM)tempest Wrote: You don't get it, eh? 99% of the unarmeds out there are people who intentionally use that name. Changing the default won't matter at all. Also, this is irrelevant anyway because a default is technically required.

In my experiences the majority of unarmed's are complete noobs and the odd decent player will use this name to hide their identity. can anyone back me up here?

I understand that at the moment a default is required, that's why i'm posting this in the ideas thread, My idea was to implement a system that would make the player have to choose a nick.
Thanks given by:
So, say.. they couldn't connect to a server without setting a name before hand?
Thanks given by:
(05 Jun 12, 10:48AM)Vermi Wrote: In my experiences the majority of unarmed's are complete noobs and the odd decent player will use this name to hide their identity. can anyone back me up here?

I understand that at the moment a default is required, that's why i'm posting this in the ideas thread, My idea was to implement a system that would make the player have to choose a nick.

This.

It would take out all the unarmed jokes, but it's nicer this way.
Thanks given by:
(05 Jun 12, 10:12AM)Vermi Wrote: Can we just stop the default name being unarmed?, make people select their names, It will make the game that much more immersive, if I see players who i recognize and have played with in the past I am much more likely to stick around and pub.

The people you know have already chosen a name. Anyone who hasn't chosen a name and uses the default "unarmed" is someone you don't recognize.

So why make them pick a name? If they had a name you wouldn't recognize it. The people you already know will frequently alias anyway.
Thanks given by:
(05 Jun 12, 03:39PM)Mael Wrote: The people you know have already chosen a name. Anyone who hasn't chosen a name and uses the default "unarmed" is someone you don't recognize.

So why make them pick a name? If they had a name you wouldn't recognize it. The people you already know will frequently alias anyway.

Because they're liars and impersonators of themselves. Quite clearly, they have arms.
Thanks given by:
Enable hitsounds and accuracy during demos.
Fix the "x has your flag", etc. messages during demo playback. While spectating a CLA player it will read "x has your flag" when RVSF flag is taken if you were RVSF when you started the demo.
Thanks given by:
(05 Jun 12, 10:54AM)Shorty Wrote: So, say.. they couldn't connect to a server without setting a name before hand?
You can make a pop-up message appear the first time you launch the game that asks you to write in your name. Then later in the game just make the game not let you delete your nick completely, which forces everyone to pick one.

I'm neither in favor or against this idea, I'm simply mentioning an idea for it.
Thanks given by:
(05 Jun 12, 11:21PM)Mael Wrote: Enable hitsounds and accuracy during demos.
Hitsounds would be easy, but accuracy is obviously a little problematic because... whose accuracy is it?

(05 Jun 12, 11:21PM)Mael Wrote: Fix the "x has your flag", etc. messages during demo playback. While spectating a CLA player it will read "x has your flag" when RVSF flag is taken if you were RVSF when you started the demo.
(13 May 12, 10:37AM)tempest Wrote: Fixed, thanks.
;)
Thanks given by:
(05 Jun 12, 03:39PM)Mael Wrote:
(05 Jun 12, 10:12AM)Vermi Wrote: Can we just stop the default name being unarmed?, make people select their names, It will make the game that much more immersive, if I see players who i recognize and have played with in the past I am much more likely to stick around and pub.

The people you know have already chosen a name. Anyone who hasn't chosen a name and uses the default "unarmed" is someone you don't recognize.

Here's what i had in mind but i was struggling to get my point across due to the shroom trip, Enforce 1 name, link that name to a forum account so on download of the game everyone is automatically given a forum account, it's just an idea that i think would improve the in-game environment.
Thanks given by:
Get rid of that can on ac_snow.
Thanks given by:
I have an idea for spectator. Split the screen into 4 squares so that you can spectate 4 people at a time.
Thanks given by:
(06 Jun 12, 10:26PM)ChO Wrote: I have an idea for spectator. Split the screen into 4 squares so that you can spectate 4 people at a time.

Or 18.
Thanks given by:
(06 Jun 12, 10:26PM)ChO Wrote: I have an idea for spectator. Split the screen into 4 squares so that you can spectate 4 people at a time.

Even better, change the values of /gamespeed to -1000 to 1000. Yay, rewind! <3
Thanks given by:
Having ACC not counting team fire, XD.
Thanks given by:
(06 Jun 12, 11:12PM)Snoosnoo Wrote: Even better, change the values of /gamespeed to -1000 to 1000. Yay, rewind! <3
f1 dat shit
Thanks given by:
(06 Jun 12, 03:08PM)Snoosnoo Wrote: Get rid of that can on ac_snow.
I love how the smallest mapmodel there is can make games one-sided.
Thanks given by:
How exactly does that mapmodel make the map one-sided?

As far as I can tell, both teams would have to deal with it as a potential obstacle for their aim at some point.
Thanks given by:
(07 Jun 12, 01:37PM)Bukz Wrote: How exactly does that mapmodel make the map one-sided?

As far as I can tell, both teams would have to deal with it as a potential obstacle for their aim at some point.

To be technical about it, the opponent closer to the can would be smaller, being a far distance away. The can, in affect covers the opponent more for the player behind the crate rather than the player down the side of the map.
Thanks given by:
I think it would be cool to have a timer for the Akimbo every time you pick it up. I don't know whether this has been mentioned before but I don't fancy reading the 1000 or so replies to this thread :P But I don't think it should be like the nade-timer script which replaces your crosshair, maybe something in the corner?
Thanks given by:
Enam: Can be done with Cubescript, though the timer would appear in your console.
Thanks given by:
Option to cancel a vote you have called.
Vote retraction.

Map/Mode preference. Players specify what they are in the mood to play and connect to a server. The server tallies players' preferences and tries to meet the demands of the majority by altering the next map in the rotation unless that demand has recently been met. The server may only meet the same demand multiple times in a row if every player has the same request.

The decision to alter the next map in the rotation is made during intermission of the previous game.

Preferences are carried with the player when they leave a server.

So instead of each player calling a vote for their mode with 5MR and voting for or against it, each player specifies what they want to play and the server takes care of it.

Mode votes will still exist and will override any alteration to the rotation set by the server. If the majority prefers one mode but F1s a different one, the voted mode is put into play the preferred mode is set to play next.
Thanks given by:
Not sure if this is possible with the current engine, but it would be nice to have another attribute to mapmodel entities that allows mappers to "rotate" (tilt) the model on it's y-axis. Having this would make mapmodels such as the "knocked over barrel" unnecessary, since the regular barrel mapmodel could be tilted on it's y-axis by 90 degrees to achieve the same "knocked over" effect.

Areas that attempt to show environmental damage could be made more realistic with the ability to "knock over" regular mapmodels.
Thanks given by:
Would it ever be possible to have shots to the head do more damage than shots to the rest of the body, as in CS?

Also, will a name protection system ever be implemented in AC? Has it been thought of/suggested before? If so, what were the negatives/positives presented? I feel that this would give each player more identity and would probably help wipe out a lot of those who are content with naming themselves after anti-simetic leaders and racial slurs.
Thanks given by:
coop edit compatible demos (would be totally awesome, map creation time lapse videos anyone?)

Even if player positions are not sent the entire time (therefore no players visible in the demo), a ghost client watching the demo could fly around capturing footage of changes being made to the map in real-time.
Thanks given by: