Ideas
(19 Mar 12, 07:03AM)Stranz Wrote: about the command, i don't see any description of how it works when written in, neither in the docs.

http://wiki.cubers.net/action/view/Master_mode

:)
Thanks given by:
A lot of the new cubescript idents like showgrid still need to be documented, this is my fault that they are not already and I'm sorry. Saving it for a rainy day before the release I suppose.

And so this post is not entirely pointless, if we get a new mode in the next version I want it to be king of the hill. :3

Thanks given by:
Bukz, what are "tag" areas for? I saw it in the code and I forgot how but something like /edittag made an area with a red grid...

/showgrid is documented by the way. But yeah V-man said a while back there were a bunch of undocumented idents. I think he had a list but I'm not sure.
Thanks given by:
Something really necessary for the game... disable free-spectating for benched players. They should only see their own team's player screens.
Thanks given by:
Benched, like dead and not respawned, right?
I think the point of spectate mode is spectating,
but yeah dead players kinda turn into a spy drone when dead :P
Thanks given by:
(20 Mar 12, 05:44AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: /showgrid is documented by the way. But yeah V-man said a while back there were a bunch of undocumented idents. I think he had a list but I'm not sure.

Since 3 days ago, when you mentioned it here ;)

Also, Mr. V-Man, gimme list (if you have it).

Re Benching: you mean having an additional pseudo-team, like spectator, but unable to spectate?
Thanks given by:
I think he means they can spectate, but they are fixed to the views of the team they were benched from.
Thanks given by:
how about enabling a text version of screenshots. was jonhuz's idea and i'm here posting on his behalf.
Thanks given by:
You could write a script to get scores and write them to a file with the image name.

asdf.jpg
RVSF score CLA rvsf
Player scores
Thanks given by:
I am not sure if this has been mentioned before, or if it is already in the game but a '/follow cn' command would be quite nice. At the moment if I am spectating a player and they die, it auto switches to another player. Additionally this could be useful for streamers too.
Thanks given by:
There's this, though I'm not sure whether it refers to spectating a player or following from server to server.

edit: for some reason (maybe because it's not HTML before it loads?) I have to push enter again in the url bar when I view links to specific idents.
(20 Mar 12, 03:44AM)Bukz Wrote: I want it to be king of the hill. :3

I would also enjoy this.
Not totally sure how spawns would function.
Thanks given by:
I have a better idea. Why dont we CBL RealViking. :D
Thanks given by:
Is it possible to write a script,which changes the size or color of the crosshair if you hit ?

I mean is there a command "on hit" available for cubescript?

I hope there is, or how are hitsounds generated ?

I got this idea from other games, i mean, on some games you have a crosshair with a big radius in the middle (default crosshair) and if you hit without clicking right mouse button for scoping, it gets smaller like the crosshairsize 15 in AC.
Thanks given by:
(30 Mar 12, 02:04AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: There's this, though I'm not sure whether it refers to spectating a player or following from server to server.

Probably should have consulted the docs before I asked the question, cheers for reminding me of that.

I tried the '/setfollowplayer cn' command in game but the console gave back an 'unknown command' message.
Thanks given by:
That's only available in SVN at the moment.
Thanks given by:
What does it do?
Thanks given by:
It makes you follow the player with the given cn.
I'm not sure if the feature Harps mentioned is already implemented, I'll have to test that.
Thanks given by:
Quote:It makes you follow the player with the given cn.
...kinda figured that.
Does it follow the player from server to server, or follow the player if you're spectating (in the same server)?
Thanks given by:
@Elite, that is possible, but it would be quite inefficient in the current version. The next version of AC it would be a rather simple script to write.

Something like:

[cubescript]onHit = [
if (&& (= $arg1 (player1 cn)) (!= $arg1 $arg2)) [
// loadcrosshair crosshair_hit.png -1
]
]

onAttack = [
// loadcrosshair crosshair_normal.png -1
][/cubescript]

Whereas, in the current version you would need a recursive alias constantly scanning your pstat_weap alias for changes which would indicate a successful hit. As far as I know that method is unreliable/slow compared to SVN's hardcoded onHit/onAttack.
Thanks given by:
(31 Mar 12, 07:20PM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: Does it follow the player from server to server, or follow the player if you're spectating (in the same server)?
The latter of course, sorry for the ambiguity.
Thanks given by:
(31 Mar 12, 07:47PM)tempest Wrote:
(31 Mar 12, 07:20PM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: Does it follow the player from server to server, or follow the player if you're spectating (in the same server)?
The latter of course, sorry for the ambiguity.

Well, it was the function itself that was ambiguous. I still think it was kinda weird to pretty much reiterate the function name and argument name of the function I linked to :/

Check yo pms. Uh. private messages :P
Thanks given by:
Okey, thx a lot. I will see what i do.

(31 Mar 12, 07:33PM)Bukz Wrote: @Elite, that is possible, but it would be quite inefficient in the current version. The next version of AC it would be a rather simple script to write.

Something like:

[cubescript]onHit = [
if (&& (= $arg1 (player1 cn)) (!= $arg1 $arg2)) [
// loadcrosshair crosshair_hit.png -1
]
]

onAttack = [
// loadcrosshair crosshair_normal.png -1
][/cubescript]

Whereas, in the current version you would need a recursive alias constantly scanning your pstat_weap alias for changes which would indicate a successful hit. As far as I know that method is unreliable/slow compared to SVN's hardcoded onHit/onAttack.

Thanks given by:
(30 Mar 12, 02:04AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: There's this, though I'm not sure whether it refers to spectating a player or following from server to server.

edit: for some reason (maybe because it's not HTML before it loads?) I have to push enter again in the url bar when I view links to specific idents.
(20 Mar 12, 03:44AM)Bukz Wrote: I want it to be king of the hill. :3

I would also enjoy this.

In the next version the debs can just make it default setting to disable maxroll I believe that should solve the 'spy drone thing'

Thanks given by:
INB4 "Default maxroll is already zero."
Thanks given by:
it is.
http://assault.cubers.net/docs/reference...er_maxroll

Though I'm not sure what he means by the "spy drone thing"
Thanks given by:
(30 Mar 12, 02:04AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: I would also enjoy this.

Seems like I missed this comment.

In other games king of the hill is rather simple, each team has their own base on opposing sides of the map, and the control point is somewhere in the middle. Enemies spawn in their base and fight their way to the middle where they can capture/defend the control point.

Usually each team will have the same amount of time at the beginning of the round. When a team captures the control point their timer begins counting down. If the enemy team successfully takes over and captures the control point, their timers begin counting down and the other team's timer stops.

Capturing the control point involves having your team stay on top of the control point for X amount of time, and preventing enemies from doing the same. The more of your teammates that are on top of the control point, capturing it, the faster it can be captured.

Defending the control point involves your team being in control of the point, and simply killing enemies that are near the control point trying to capture it. The longer your team keeps control of the point, the better chances your team has of winning - so a strong defense is key.

The team that runs their timer down to 0:00 first wins the match. The majority of points in this mode are obtained by being one of the players that captures and defends the control point.
Thanks given by:
Pretty much explains the rules of King of the Hill...
But would we always use team spawns, or FFA spawn, too? Could the hill be in different areas, too? What if FFA spawns are in the zone?

King of the Hill == Kings(s) of the hill?
Thanks given by:
I've never seen it done as a non-team mode, so we could reuse the team spawns and possibly add a control point entity that mappers could add to their maps if they wanted it to be compatible with king of the kill.
Thanks given by:
Could the hill spots not replace Flag spawns with FFA player spawns.
Thanks given by:
I guess it would make most sense to use the flag as control points and let people spawn at the FFA spawnpoints. Using team spawns wouldn't work well obviously, since everyone would spawn on top of their control point.
IIRC Lucas used the flag entities in his capture mod.
Thanks given by: