Ideas
I'd rather my very own drops idea was implemented than the gun game one. Forget about the gun game, think about an unarmed going 0-18, getting a kill minute from the end on an AFK'er, earning an AR as the drop and ending with a positive KD.
Thanks given by:
I honestly couldnt see myself playing gun game on ac not because its a bad idea but because im not comfortable with that much confusion ;)
Thanks given by:
I think it's better that AC includes more original game modes than remakes of other games. Obviously, certain universal game modes like TDM and CTF are an exception.

To sound like a broken record: if I want to play Gun Game, I play CoD. If I want to try my hand at HTF, LSS, TOSOK, PF, etc., I play me some AssCube
Thanks given by:
A mix of CTF and HTF (so CTF is playable on ac_complex and ac_desert2) would be original, and very AC like in my opinion.
Thanks given by:

(28 Feb 12, 03:26PM)VenteX Wrote: I think it's better that AC includes more original game modes than remakes of other games. Obviously, certain universal game modes like TDM and CTF are an exception.

To sound like a broken record: if I want to play Gun Game, I play CoD. If I want to try my hand at HTF, LSS, TOSOK, PF, etc., I play me some AssCube

Nobody wants to try their hand at pistol frenzy. No-one.
I hope you aren't confusing my tdm with weapon drops idea and the gun game idea as being the same one. I thought that would get replies but it's the gun game that's getting them.
Thanks given by:
Today I played Twintower whatever ctf where in front of the rvsf was the cla flag , and viceversa, and it was kinda fun.
Seeing a player reach the flag and realize that its his own was something that touched my heart. I did da same, ya know? XD
Thanks given by:
Merely swapping the flag entities around is like some sort of bomb game. :)
Thanks given by:
(03 Mar 12, 01:24AM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: Today I played Twintower whatever ctf where in front of the rvsf was the cla flag , and viceversa, and it was kinda fun.
Seeing a player reach the flag and realize that its his own was something that touched my heart. I did da same, ya know? XD

GRRRR, I had that very same idea probably 2 years ago now! I remember talking to Shad and Bosko in game about it
Thanks given by:
How about instead of saying fragged show the name of the weapon that was used. Ex
Think3r [MTP-57] Ronald
Shadow [DR-88] Think3r
jake [A-ARD/10] Shadow

and also allow the use of colored names online.

Thanks given by:
and for anticheat:

Titi [haxed] Ronald
Bukz [laghaxed] Titi
Ronald [cheated on] Bukz

?
Thanks given by:
(04 Mar 12, 03:52AM)Think3r Wrote: How about instead of saying fragged show the name of the weapon that was used. Ex
Think3r [MTP-57] Ronald
Shadow [DR-88] Think3r
jake [A-ARD/10] Shadow

This has already happened.

(04 Mar 12, 03:52AM)Think3r Wrote: and also allow the use of colored names online.

Mmm. Why?

Thanks given by:
- New skins for player models: i know its not the ideal time to ask for this but i wonder if we ever gonna see updated (not upgraded) skins. i know there's mods for this but it wont hurt to see different looks.

if there were a chance to see new skins I'd suggest as an idea to make them different by the weapon you choose, being that said if you choose a shotgun you would be a full covered guy with kevlar and if sniper a guy with ear muffs for example ( they would be minor changes and by no means messing with the playermodel size).

-Accuracy on demos (and if possible a chart with every player's name and his respective accuracy all together for making easier to track them through the game)
-if possible being able to see client hitbox and server hitbox as well on the same demo.

-Weapon Pick up: this one is just cause i felt to drop it, being able to pick up opponent's weapon after being killed, no, the map wont be flooded on weapons, they would vanish in 3-5 seconds. Also grenades, it'd be funny to grab a grenade and use it against their own team and walk away with your bruce willis swag why not. you shouldn't be able to pick up knife,pistol and akimbo tho.
Thanks given by:
I like all your ideas Stranz, and just to talk about a concern with the weapon pickups, I think that picking up someone else's ammo will make the game too easy for any player that would be owning in a match. Let's say he uses 8 bullets to kill an enemy and picks up enough from him that his ammo becomes full again, this would kill the purpose from having ammo boxes, since this would make it that as long as you keep killing you won't need to get ammo, which isn't so fair imo.

Edit: I'm not sure if you actually meant picking up ammo or the weapon itself, if you were talking about the weapon then how would it work?
Thanks given by:
Wolf he meant picking up the weapon. (Which i forgot to mention in my earlier post.)
and felix idk i just always wanted to do it.
now i have an idea for a new game mode its called "INTEL"
how to play you ask,
well there is valuable Intel placed in the map each team must battle for it. The game mode is timed so which ever team holds intel for 5 mins (or how ever much time ya want) wins.

as for the model for the intel you could use a briefcase. The player holding intel can only use pistol.There is time limit if the brief case is not picked up(eg. 10 min),if the time limit goes down to 0 the team who had the intel the longest wins.
Thanks given by:
(05 Mar 12, 05:01AM)Think3r Wrote: Wolf he meant picking up the weapon. (Which i forgot to mention in my earlier post.)
and felix idk i just always wanted to do it.
now i have an idea for a new game mode its called "INTEL"
how to play you ask,
well there is valuable Intel placed in the map each team must battle for it. The game mode is timed so which ever team holds intel for 5 mins (or how ever much time ya want) wins.

as for the model for the intel you could use a briefcase. The player holding intel can only use pistol.There is time limit if the brief case is not picked up(eg. 10 min),if the time limit goes down to 0 the team who had the intel the longest wins.

F1 For the "Intel" mode. I think this is a great idea. Definitely will encourage teamwork more.
Thanks given by:
How about a "portal" thing?

when u enter a portal you would be transfered to another map etc and vice versa?
That you make this game to turn to a hole new level?

like quake portals or Nexuiz?

Then we could make maps for that game mode and put portals in on theese maps so people can be transfered to dif. rooms .

-What u think?
Thanks given by:
How would a server handle running 2 - 3 - 7+ maps at once?
And what map should then be placed on master server list?
Mode i guess would be easy, if its called "portals" or something like that.
As long as its same mode on all maps, harder if one is tosok, one ctf and one dm.

Just asking, im not for or against. :)
Thanks given by:
If the maps are size 7 one size 9 map could hold at least 16 of them. Load a blank size map and read the map datas into each 16th of the map. I doubt that would ever meet the quality requisites though.
Thanks given by:
(05 Mar 12, 02:36PM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: How would a server handle running 2 - 3 - 7+ maps at once?
And what map should then be placed on master server list?
Mode i guess would be easy, if its called "portals" or something like that.
As long as its same mode on all maps, harder if one is tosok, one ctf and one dm.

Just asking, im not for or against. :)

-hahaha i don't know? im not a programmer xDD....

Well not portals to other maps then.. .maybe with in the same map.. then we can build a little bigger maps too? :)

u enter a portal you will come to a random room within the map?..
Thanks given by:
Love
the
idea
XD
Thanks given by:
How bout adding iCTF to the game. Also i know i said this before but please add voice chat.It would be more easier,instead of using skype ect. And if some one so happens to spamm the voice chat you can mute him.Or cast a mute vote (which means he cant talk for the rest of the game). Also King of the hill (or capture the spot) which means each team must fight to caputre a place on the map and defend it. the rules are just like my "INTEL" idea rules,like how it works.

Thanks given by:
Re voice chat: well, if you use Skype for game voice chat, that's your problem. Other people prefer Mumble or Teamspeak for good reasons.
Thanks given by:
In-game voice chat has been mentioned countless of times in this thread, but we have all agreed that it would increase the game's file size too much.
Thanks given by:
if it increases the file why not make it a separate optional download for voice chat like an add on or something.
Thanks given by:
File size is a non-issue compared to the bandwidth it would consume. AC is supposed to be able to run on 56K.
Thanks given by:
(05 Mar 12, 11:21PM)Think3r Wrote: if it increases the file why not make it a separate optional download for voice chat like an add on or something.
Optional AssaultCube Voice chat download. Nice,
How would an ingame voice chat work though? cubescript?

Thanks given by:
When being in SPEC let the log dont respect your previous team and get it to say
"unarmed scored for team RVSF"
instead of
"unarmed scored for the enemy team."
Thanks given by:
(05 Mar 12, 11:34PM)Mael Wrote: File size is a non-issue compared to the bandwidth it would consume. AC is supposed to be able to run on 56K.
That's why said optional Mael.If you devs do decide to do this why not place a warning like "Do not download if you have 56k connection."

P.S what do you think about my "INTEL" idea.

Edit: Also can you make armor work for all the guns. Like how realistic it is when you get a helmet and you still get headshotted (no offence to devs). The armor should act as extra health,ex. having 100%armor is like having 200 hp.
OR when you pick up a helmet it protects you from one headshot .

Edit2: Okay scratch the armor thing its not gonna be useful.
Thanks given by:
could we relax the map requirements just a little bit, provided of course that map makers take a little more time and effort with their work?
Thanks given by:
(06 Mar 12, 02:52AM)Think3r Wrote: +1 "INTEL" or kiss my Avatar.

Uh... Well I don't know... the computer screen or the girl? To be honest I'd rather kiss an attractive young woman than fulfill the whims of anonymous internet folk. Is this unusual? ;P

Thanks given by: