Ideas
I thought bullets could go through flags... why hasn't this been changed?
Thanks given by:
Realism. Those flags are kevlar.
Thanks given by:
Kevlar reinforced with the soles of an ACuber's feet.
Thanks given by:
(03 Feb 12, 03:53AM)Mael Wrote: We can do Zombies/Juggernaut/Infection but let's do it our way.

Zombies can riflesprint.

Also, if we ever had a secondary shotgun, it would be cool if it had a similar effect to TF2's the Force-A-Nature, as that blowback is AC-esque in my opinion. It would provide an alternative to autosprinting, as it gives you more distance per shot than an assault rifle, but a longer firing rate; different tactics would be needed. For example, it could be a "double jump", yet you wouldn't go as fast as an assault rifle if you held the attack button down. It would have a massive spread, so it would be useless to shoot from afar. And a nerfed damage similar to the SVN shotgun would make a combo with an AR as the primary interesting as well, as only one weapon can do a good amount of damage compared to this boostgun.

tl;dr I wanna fly with the shitgun
Thanks given by:
I was thinking on a new mode and i came up with this one, it would be named "Deliver the bag" (ye, stupid but i don't find better words for this). It'd be sort of a mix of CTF w/ HTF just to relate it with something. Both teams would start with a bag/backpack placed on the base (ie: where the flags are placed commonly). They have to deliver the bag to the enemy base and there's a countdown of 30 seconds to carry it, if they run out of time the bag will be back to the base for other to do it just in time.

it'd work fine as there wouldn't be anyone having the bag and camping forever and ruining the game, it'd just take it back for someone else and make everyone able to play the objective.

The Bags would work just as they were flags, you step on them, the console tells x player have the bag, and the console will announce the time left every 10 seconds, and maybe the entire countdown just for the "bag carrier".

and if possible the model would be with the player wearing it instead of the bag floating over his head.

i am still unsure if the bag would be for both teams or just a single bag switched side to side by losing it (sort of giving turn to try to carry it and if you fail in that attempt the other team have the shot).

is nothing confusing unless there's some void i didn't took in account, but imo it keeps the flow this game has and encourage team to move and help each other.

i was thinking on other mode but this took more than enough so nvm.
Thanks given by:
How about a gamed mode where each team has a blue/red area (depending whether you are cla or Rsvf and you receiving points for the time you spend in the opposing teams area. I don't think this is the best possibility but it would be unique to Ac rather then copying other games.

Another game mode could be surv/ctf and when you eliminate the opposing team you basically have 20 seconds to get a free flag.
Thanks given by:
A post somewhere gave me this idea...

Weapon jamming... on a totally random way and very limited as well (like it could only happen to you once every 20 games) including a dodgy metallic sound.
Thanks given by:
(16 Feb 12, 09:38PM)Stranz Wrote: I was thinking on a new mode and i came up with this one, it would be named "Deliver the bag" (ye, stupid but i don't find better words for this). It'd be sort of a mix of CTF w/ HTF just to relate it with something. Both teams would start with a bag/backpack placed on the base (ie: where the flags are placed commonly). They have to deliver the bag to the enemy base and there's a countdown of 30 seconds to carry it, if they run out of time the bag will be back to the base for other to do it just in time.

it'd work fine as there wouldn't be anyone having the bag and camping forever and ruining the game, it'd just take it back for someone else and make everyone able to play the objective.

The Bags would work just as they were flags, you step on them, the console tells x player have the bag, and the console will announce the time left every 10 seconds, and maybe the entire countdown just for the "bag carrier".

and if possible the model would be with the player wearing it instead of the bag floating over his head.

i am still unsure if the bag would be for both teams or just a single bag switched side to side by losing it (sort of giving turn to try to carry it and if you fail in that attempt the other team have the shot).

is nothing confusing unless there's some void i didn't took in account, but imo it keeps the flow this game has and encourage team to move and help each other.

i was thinking on other mode but this took more than enough so nvm.

This makes me think of the bomb multi-player modes in the Halo series. I believe CS has something relatively similar and given that AC uses a terrorist and counter-terrorist approach I think it would be a fitting addition.

I also really like your count-down ideas as AC rounds normally consist of many minutes to complete a single objective. The only problem would be that you'd have to set up a check for the game map in order to set the appropriate amount of moving time given the map dimensions. Of course you could set it specifically for official maps and then a general time for user made maps... or perhaps incorporate some method for the map developers to set the time themselves.
Thanks given by:
(18 Feb 12, 02:32PM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: A post somewhere gave me this idea...

Weapon jamming... on a totally random way and very limited as well (like it could only happen to you once every 20 games) including a dodgy metallic sound.

i was thinking about something like that but it was related with weapon overheating, also getting stuck in water, but i don't know of a map with water aside of elevation.

Also the sound of knife hitting the wall, the thing is… there is no sound at all, or not that i can notice, even if you hit it by accident or just for fun it makes sense to me to add it, with a little spark at the moment you hit it too, just to make it look nicer.

(18 Feb 12, 04:33PM)Wunderkind Wrote: This makes me think of the bomb multi-player modes in the Halo series. I believe CS has something relatively similar and given that AC uses a terrorist and counter-terrorist approach I think it would be a fitting addition.

I also really like your count-down ideas as AC rounds normally consist of many minutes to complete a single objective. The only problem would be that you'd have to set up a check for the game map in order to set the appropriate amount of moving time given the map dimensions. Of course you could set it specifically for official maps and then a general time for user made maps... or perhaps incorporate some method for the map developers to set the time themselves.

although i don't have played any of the games you mention i believe my idea was just keep the fast pace we currently have without making it too confusing or slower paced (well this modes draw pretty differently in clan matches but it feels right that every mode fit every way its played as for the casual or the long time player) and not to be too repetitive either.

I also considered the idea of modify this countdown by mapsize, but that may take an overlook for each map with the mode, it wouldn't be terrible hard to set neither the bags spawns which would be where the flags currently are.
Thanks given by:
Weapon jamming and over heating sounds like a big reason not to play. Why would that improve the game?
Thanks given by:
(19 Feb 12, 05:05PM)ProSmoke Wrote: Weapon jamming and over heating sounds like a big reason not to play. Why would that improve the game?
Exactly what I thought.

Thanks given by:
(16 Feb 12, 12:55AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: I thought bullets could go through flags... why hasn't this been changed?

please for the love of god. change it. idk how many shot i waste on a flag each game
Thanks given by:
DES|Cleaner Wrote:A post somewhere gave me this idea...

I dont think that would be good idea at all really. Other than lucking out in a CM where your enemy cant do anything when i walk in and take his flag :P

I guess something similar would be viable but only if the problem occurred through something that you did, i.e. it not being a random thing. Lets say, you make the mistake of attempting to shoot while you have no ammo, something like that. I'm still not a fan of the idea though.

By the way +1 to the knife on wall noise.
Thanks given by:
It would be much easier to change the flag model than to change the way bullets interact with certain models.
Thanks given by:
@lantry yes because bullets can't go through other ents (ie, ammo box). So if it was to change for the flag entitie would it change for others?
Thanks given by:
On weapon jamming:

I think spontaneously and inconviently running out of ammo gives players enough of those "fffuuuu I was in the middle of something" moments.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, if you apply the theories of operant conditioning you can see that having a player's gun randomly jam would not be a good idea because you are applying a Punishment for the player performing an action that you want them to perform.
Thanks given by:
(20 Feb 12, 04:25AM)Lantry Wrote: Yeah, if you apply the theories of operant conditioning you can see that having a player's gun randomly jam would not be a good idea because you are applying a Punishment for the player performing an action that you want them to perform.

Cube Mod on Quadropolis. CompanionCube
Thanks given by:
(20 Feb 12, 04:44AM)Cemer Wrote: Cube Mod on Quadropolis. CompanionCube

I was not able to find this mod on Quadropolis. Please hyperlink or elaborate.
Thanks given by:
(20 Feb 12, 01:22AM)VenteX Wrote: On weapon jamming:

I think spontaneously and inconviently running out of ammo gives players enough of those "fffuuuu I was in the middle of something" moments.

*MerCyKiL +1's this statement*
I got an idea for you all. And I think Cleaner would like it...

Add more default mapmodels to the next version.
Thanks given by:
(20 Feb 12, 06:30AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: I got an idea for you all. And I think Cleaner would like it...
Or better yet make it possible to download them like a map....

Thanks given by:
(20 Feb 12, 07:39PM)D1551D3N7 Wrote: Or better yet make it possible to download them like a map....

watch when you download a penis. you just wait.
Thanks given by:
As in a penis mapmodel? XD
Thanks given by:
(20 Feb 12, 06:30AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: I got an idea for you all. And I think Cleaner would like it...

Once I have finished double checking every bits and if devs agree on the new mapmodels package there will be room for hundreds of them.

(20 Feb 12, 07:39PM)D1551D3N7 Wrote: Or better yet make it possible to download them like a map....

Already on it's way >>> Download missing content <<<

(20 Feb 12, 07:48PM)D1551D3N7 Wrote: As in a penis mapmodel? XD

Done by Deathstar as gib models mod

Thanks given by:
When placing a mapmodel, have a brightness value. Default being sort of mid point if unentered, and then have it not effected by world lighting. This means platforms, tracks, whatever won't look ridiculous.
Thanks given by:
(22 Feb 12, 12:57PM)Snoosnoo Wrote: When placing a mapmodel, have a brightness value. Default being sort of mid point if unentered, and then have it not effected by world lighting. This means platforms, tracks, whatever won't look ridiculous.
A "bright" idea. :p

Thanks given by:
A sort of gun game mode. Im sure the developers didn't invent team deathmatch so I don't see why not. Start with shotguns, get a kill, earn ar, then akimbo, smg, sniper, carbine, grenade, knife, and finally pistol.

Another idea I had was weapon drops. A mode could be added that is dm or tdm except you start with a designated weapon, and when you kill someone they drop a random weapon, which you can keep until death. It would definately make things interesting, an entire team with just pistols trying to take down an unarmed who managed to get 1 kill after 18 deaths and consequently earned an assault rifle. There could even be multiple drops - a player could have a 0.016% chance of acquiring a shotgun and full armour from a kill. This would be better than kill streaks.

I would love some feedback on this idea :)
Thanks given by:
I really like your idea Hellspell. It reminds me of CoD, I think there was a mode similar to that where every time you got a kill you would spawn with a better weapon and the player with the best weapon when time finished would be the winner. Not sure which mode it was though, I haven't played that game in quite some time.
Thanks given by:
Yes Gun Game was the name of the mode, I haven't thought it up myself, I've just come up with the idea of borrowing their idea
Thanks given by:
Man, the best part of Gun Game would be the humiliating.
Having the ballistic knife and being downgraded to crossbow only to have another fucker winning the game was the most fun thing ever... NOT.
My scores would be 0 frags, 25 deaths. 20+ humiliations.
If that is implemented in AC my tea bagging skillz will increase greatly...
A sort option for the non-official maps. Maybe by sizes, or date made, or name...
Thanks given by: