Ideas
Have everyone displayed on the minimap when in coop-edit would be nice. Its always so hard to find people in edit mode.
Thanks given by:
^ Seconded.
Thanks given by:
When someone grabs the flag it would be nice to see a little flashing flag icon next to the player's name on the scoreboard. Sometimes in a match when both teams have the flag, I don't actually know or forget who has the flag from the other team.
Thanks given by:
Or maybe a little flag icon next to that players name. The whole flashing thing is generally taboo here.
Thanks given by:
Disable voting for specting players.
Thanks given by:
(14 Jul 11, 03:56AM)Viper Wrote: Or maybe a little flag icon next to that players name. The whole flashing thing is generally taboo here.

Why taboo? Where are you pulling this stuff from? lmfao

I've missed a lot of this thread, so I'm just gonna suggest what I'd like to see:

No more helmet armor - I think it really slows the game with people concerned with camping those spawns for a good ratio

I think it'd be nice if there was an in-depth post-stats page after games - just a square with the AC texture bg and some stats on each wep for every player, damage given/taken, etc.

I still get terrible warps/packet loss (?) in AC, and I don't get it in other games. This sucks hard, because when I'm in college, I have to use a wireless connection. I can always play any other game with little to no lag, but on AC I jump from 600+ to 2-3k on occasion. Obviously unplayable. I'm not sure what it is, or if it's just a special, magical case, but yeah.

A general suggestion to server owners: I think you guys should promote FFA a little more, the only worthwhile servers are all CTF - just saying

The UI in AC is a little ugly and off-putting. May I suggest a sleeker, maybe helvetica-esque change?

Include a bunch of the (good) scripts made by the players here

Yeah
Thanks given by:
blinking is indeed considered harmful - it wasn't put into the engine as a concensus between the developers. It was (more or less) sneaked in. There is already a branch in SVN you can get to disable blinking for the current release. The next release will have this fix in it by default. This means all blinking is disabled by default; but for those that are crazy enough to have some use for it, it's still possible to activate it. Well, everywhere but in the serverbrowser - which will never be allowed as long as I have a say in this project!

Helmets will not vanish - your "reason" isn't one I've heard before .. or understand for that matter. I don't think these mini-armour-pieces really slow the game down any perceptible bit - armour isn't near as effective as I'd like to see it (personally), but that's just the way AC has always been, so it'll stay.

CTF is the main mode the game is meant for; FFA (or rather DM) is, of course, also a valid mode (as are any of the others) - but if CTF is pushed by the best servers out there I'd be the last person to complain - quite the contrary: Hooray for no longer having GEMA maps and the likes being presented as the games limits .. which was bad - CTF FTW!

re: wifi - don't use it - the ENet-driven-protocol of AC is based on UDP where packets can be lost, a wireless connection is notriously unstable/unreliable - use a cable!

re: community-input - if it's good stuff, sure. That's the way this project has been improved upon since its inception!
Thanks given by:
Thank you for the fast responses flowtrizzle. 8)
Thanks given by:
By the blinking I meant the same kind of blinking you get like the flag icon at the bottom right that flashes when you steal the flag; the same intensity and all. Why would you remove this and how will you make it for us to know we have the flag if you remove the blinking?
Thanks given by:
He means the blinking we used to see in the server browser, like the CeW servers or the V!P used to have.
Thanks given by:
I would possibly like to see incorporated an option to change crosshairs when one's cursor is over an enemy. I say possibly because I am not positive it would help or be popular. However, there is the option for this for your allies so maybe it could be beneficial for your enemies as well. This may take away from the realism aspect of the game but then again, who doesn't appreciate visual stimulus and interest while gaming?
Thanks given by:
What about seeing a marker on minimap if enemy is in field of vision? (Like in CoD)
Thanks given by:
If they're in your fov what's the point of the marker? To see them behind walls?
Thanks given by:
(17 Jul 11, 07:30PM)FleshyPod Wrote: What about seeing a marker on minimap if enemy is in field of vision? (Like in CoD)
With a spooky bip like in Alien XD

Thanks given by:
This couldn't be easily done well.
Thanks given by:
I recognize that RR. Thus why it's an idea.

@Mael,
it is not my desire to see through walls, merely something that would stimulate my senses. Obviously the implications could have many negative uses, but if done well could positively impact my own personal gaming experience and hopefully others'.
Thanks given by:
Er, I was talking to the idea of FleshyPods
Thanks given by:
oh i'm sorry. i'm quite tired and didn't read thoroughly. please excuse.
Thanks given by:
http://www.own3d.tv/SKB

Bewarned: I have not read the posts above thoroughly. That link I have there is what intrigues me. I would like for it to be possible to be able to have the score on the screen instead of having to TAB. It looks really neat but you would obviously have to include commands etc to be able to name the teams and change colors of teams like SKB does. It is something like /team_invert ^^
Thanks given by:
Hello, to the whole scripters :)
I would like to share my ideas to you. I'm not really good in scripting but i can trust you on making scripts for the bots and us.
Like ,to make the bots more active by communicate with us
eg: * bots are giving some commands to their own team cla or rvsf
'Cover me!'
*and also for public talks like
'Nice Shot'
I jus ask u if its possible or not
{Good Luck on making the bots smarter }

Thank You ;)
(18 Jul 11, 11:26AM)Xenon Wrote: http://www.own3d.tv/SKB

Bewarned: I have not read the posts above thoroughly. That link I have there is what intrigues me. I would like for it to be possible to be able to have the score on the screen instead of having to TAB. It looks really neat but you would obviously have to include commands etc to be able to name the teams and change colors of teams like SKB does. It is something like /team_invert ^^
i agree wiv u :)
i was surprised watching the video. the graphics are neat and better, like u said , they were able to c their scores
Just a question- is there a game tht almost like AC game :O
Thanks given by:
It would be amazing if for the next release the match timer would be moved underneath the radar like in SKB's vid, it just fits perfectly.
Thanks given by:
/pause

Maybe for the clan match mode if you have to go get the doorbell, put dog outside, phone sometimes you must stop and for the losing team it isn't always good losing 1-2 minutes because of someone. Could this be integrated into AC like in Sauer or is it not possible? Maybe even make it /gamespeed 10 so that is waste like 5 seconds :)
Thanks given by:
^like both of those ideas @ wolf/xenon
Thanks given by:
(22 Jul 11, 09:20PM)Xenon Wrote: /pause

Maybe for the clan match mode if you have to go get the doorbell, put dog outside, phone sometimes you must stop and for the losing team it isn't always good losing 1-2 minutes because of someone. Could this be integrated into AC like in Sauer or is it not possible? Maybe even make it /gamespeed 10 so that is waste like 5 seconds :)

But have it so only admins could use it? Or only on match servers?
Thanks given by:
If it were to only work in match/private mode - I could see the merit of implementing it. Have another char for the -P server permission string to determine if admins/non-admins can vote for it.

Definitely should not work in open servers however. There is never a need to pause the game on the pubs.
Thanks given by:
Exactly what I was thinking, just for match servers or in match mode.

EDITTTT:

How about TOSOK being a round mode and not a frag mode, it could still be 15 minutes long but make it so you win rounds but not frags. I think rounds seem better and change the mode up a bit instead of every game other then flag modes relying on kills to get you the win. I think it's a really basic thing you could add in as just a change or even to experiment with!
Thanks given by:
(25 Jul 11, 11:39AM)Xenon Wrote: EDITTTT:

How about TOSOK being a round mode and not a frag mode, it could still be 15 minutes long but make it so you win rounds but not frags. I think rounds seem better and change the mode up a bit instead of every game other then flag modes relying on kills to get you the win. I think it's a really basic thing you could add in as just a change or even to experiment with!

A game mode idea that I suggested previously was something that I just named "Snipe and Flag" (SAF).

It's TOSOK in rounds, except with flags, and you could grab the enemy flag and bring it back, to win the round. I based the idea off SnD/CS.
Of course, one of the major cons is that they'll be campers. But, TOSOK already has them.
Thanks given by:
To be honest I would like it just simple. Just TOSOK in rounds. ^_^
Kill all the enemies - win 1 point, first to ?? points or 15 minutes and after that time whoever has higher points win, if tied tiebreaker round.
Thanks given by:
It would be interesting to choose if you want round-end-spawn or general mode spawn.

E.g.

/rtosok or /tosok = Tosok we have today

/dtosok = Deathmatch Style Tosok

/rdm = Survival

/ddm or /dm = Deathmatch

And a /vote function. Just to call a vote.

E.g.

* Cemer calls a vote: Let unarmed into Example clan?

And so on. It would be for feasibility. Like a poll.

Mah too thents
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure what "round-end-spawn" is supposed to mean. googling it brought up nothing that seemed pertinent .. except that you might be coming from CS/CS:S. Please be more specific.
The idea to make a vote-command call up "a vote" (unspecific) is nearly as unclear - but if I'm reading you correctly then this could easily be done via CubeScript - just have a key bound to call up the vote-menu, which then gives you all the options you require to start the proper vote. But in my experience it's always 10x faster to do it via console than stop running and click your way through 3 screens of menu just to do /ctf ac_mines - 3 screens because:
  1. pick vote map/mode
  2. pick CTF
  3. pick ac_mines
Thanks given by: