Ideas
Yes, it's better. But I think it's still too quit. And then we run into the limitations of cc-sampling+, which requires "Creative modification" if you modify the sample at all, but ofc it doesn't say what "creative" is.
Thanks given by:
Well, not sure that level the volume up a bit and convert it in mono to fit our engine is really something one may call "modifications" as such... Anyhow I have sent the guy a private message just in case.

You reckon it's still too quiet? I though it was just perfect like that, it is never going be switched on if it's too loud and overwhelming other crucial sounds like enemy footsteps or picking items up.
Thanks given by:
What about the "I'm on your team man!" message was automatically send to the teamkiller?

Not only it saves you time not having to fiddle with V/4/3, some don't even bother or do not know about this feature but it could also help newbies not really knowing who to shoot at with an audio warning.
Thanks given by:
(08 Jul 11, 05:39AM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: What about the "I'm on your team man!" message was automatically send to the teamkiller?

Please God no. Most of the time, teamkilling is either accidental (e.g. bad nade throw) or intentional (trolling). Rarely do people actually not know which team they are on. If it is intentional, the troll won't care at all. If it is accidental, it is really annoying (no shit I'm on your team, that's why I lost a frag!).
Thanks given by:
With that point of view you might as well get rid of it pure and simple, why bother? Let's just just frag, gib, slash, headshot everyone, teamate or not who gives a damn it's only a game after all.

It is to kinda give players a sense of guiltiness when reducing a teamate's efforts back to square one while you (shamelessly) carry on, this being repeated over and over every time on you because of your reckless gameplay may make your head in but let me remind you that this game is based on team efforts.

What is it you're afraid of? That it will spam your console and headset? Learn to play then!
Thanks given by:
Quote:With that point of view you might as well get rid of it pure and simple, why bother? Let's just just frag, gib, slash, headshot everyone, teamate or not who gives a damn it's only a game after all.
That's not what he's saying at all. It's just that there's absolutely no reason to say it automatically every time. It's still handy when used occasionally to remind a newb or someone having a bad day that there are other people in his team - but if people hear it every time it will first get really annoying and then lose its meaning altogether.

Quote:It is to kinda give players a sense of guiltiness when reducing a teamate's efforts back to square one while you (shamelessly) carry on, this being repeated over and over every time on you because of your reckless gameplay may make your head in but let me remind you that this game is based on team efforts.
People will just get used to hearing voices and we're back to square one. Everything loses its meaning when overused.

Quote:What is it you're afraid of? That it will spam your console and headset? Learn to play then!
Yea that really helps when it's someone else in your team doing the teamkilling. Imagine a fine day of AC. You have a good 2.5 ratio, a few flags and are feeling pumped. You haven't made a single TK and your team loves you and wants to fondle with your beautiful, shiny hair. Then a TKing troll shows up.

I'M ON YOUR TEAM MAN!
I'M ON YOUR TEAM MAN!
I'M ON YOUR TEAM MAN!
I'M ON YOUR TEAM MAN!
I'M ON YOUR TEAM MAN!
I'M ON YOUR TEAM MAN!
I'M ON YOUR TEAM MAN!
I'M ON YOUR TEAM MAN!
I'M ON YOUR TEAM MAN!
I'M ON YOUR TEAM MAN!
I'M ON YOUR TEAM MAN!
I'M ON YOUR TEAM MAN!
I'M ON YOUR TEAM MAN!
I'M ON YOUR TEAM MAN!
I'M ON YOUR TEAM MAN!
I'M ON YOUR TEAM MAN!
I'M ON YOUR TEAM MAN!
I'M ON YOUR TEAM MAN!
I'M ON YOUR TEAM MAN!
I'M ON YOUR TEAM MAN!
I'M ON YOUR TEAM MAN!
I'M ON YOUR TEAM MAN!
Thanks given by:
"x fragged teamate y" already shows up in the console automatically for all players. What additional purpose would this voicecom serve?
Thanks given by:
When I first read Cleaner's suggestion, I assumed he meant that the voicecom would be broadcast only to the culprit, not to the whole team, which would address JMM and Mael's concerns, but perhaps not Lantry's.
If this were at all possible (IDK), having it as an option that's enabled by defaut - eg. "Friendly fire warning on/off" - would allow it to be applied only to the newb players and those who can't read.
Thanks given by:
(09 Jul 11, 08:46AM)jamz Wrote: When I first read Cleaner's suggestion, I assumed he meant that the voicecom would be broadcast only to the culprit, not to the whole team.
It is indeed what I meant, only the teamkiller should suffer from it.

I don't understand why everyone is raising fists in the air about it, if you accidentally TK you'll probably only ear this once or twice in a game, still reminding you to pay more attention at your aiming and/or what is going on ahead.
For example being blown up just when you've managed to clear enemy base and running away with their flag is annoying isn't? Well I don't see what's wrong with giving a little slap in the ears of that player.

The worse will come to those who blindly shoot everywhere or even throw nades in their own base hoping to gib an enemy just when he is about to grab the sacred Graal, I see a lot of players doing just that blowing in the meantime teamates that unfortunately just re-spawned.
In this situation the audio spamming will certainly force these useless players to adopt a different gameplay.

So, if you're not like that you shouldn't worry at all about this feature!

As I mentioned it can also be useful for newcomers as we do not always bother to v/4/3 and they do not specially pay attention to what is going on on their console.

VoilĂ ! I rest my case, I am not going to come back and argue for it, implemented or not won't change my enthusiasm for the game and it's now up to the devs to decide if it's worth it (or at least having try).

Amen!

Thanks given by:
All TDM pub games end up with someone spawn camping in your base.
I think a base spawn change when there are more enemy players near you base than the other would benefit this mode.

Red msg teamkills for other clients: unarmed splattered armed
Thanks given by:
I came up with this idea just because could be beneficial to strategy in game.

I'd like to see an extra information on the scoreboard:[weapon], simply just to be able tell which weapon is every teammate currently using, that way you can decide whether is necessary to pick a specific gun for certain matter, there would be good use for strategy purposes as a brand idea of what's your team state or what they need in progress to support them in a better way, be a better complement, etc.

You may only be able to see your teammates weapons on the scoreboard for obvious reasons

As regarding for the name of weapons it should be shortened so it doesn't take much room on the scoreboard, something as AR,SMG,SG,SR,CB, etc. otherwise just make a gun icon for each gun.

I dont see any harm on making this possible as long as there are no problems to be implemented, that would be a pity.
Thanks given by:
Along the same lines as stranz's request: you should be able to see which player has the flag. I think you should even be able to see who has the enemy flag, but I haven't put much thought into it. The main problem that this would address would be in TKTF matches when you lose track of which team has the flag, so even just being able to see which team has the flag in these matches would be good.
Thanks given by:
@Andrez, sorry I wanted to be a spammer :)

I've noticed that maps present in the game are quite small .as for their dim well I think it is a real pity for the game not having larger maps :(, (not necessairly enormous huge). why not provide only a handful of them, maybe in the next relase and pick some feedback?
I saw that cube 2 (sauberbaten) has REALLY HUGE MAPS with not much lag problems as far I saw...maybe it's an engine (cube) limitation?

And for server browser, somebody could tell how to rearrange it to be displayed in colums? Also, somebody alse care to see in it some new features? I was thinking of a country flag that indicates the country in which is the server hosting matches...It's a simple feature to add?

THANKS FOR THE AWESOME GAME :)
Thanks given by:
(10 Jul 11, 04:54PM)hellraiser Wrote: @Andrez, sorry I wanted to be a spammer :)

I've noticed that maps present in the game are quite small .as for their dim well I think it is a real pity for the game not having larger maps :(, (not necessairly enormous huge). why not provide only a handful of them, maybe in the next relase and pick some feedback?
I saw that cube 2 (sauberbaten) has REALLY HUGE MAPS with not much lag problems as far I saw...maybe it's an engine (cube) limitation?

And for server browser, somebody could tell how to rearrange it to be displayed in colums? Also, somebody alse care to see in it some new features? I was thinking of a country flag that indicates the country in which is the server hosting matches...It's a simple feature to add?

THANKS FOR THE AWESOME GAME :)

AssaultCube is made for slower machines, so everyone can enjoy this "Awesome Game", just an fyi.
Thanks given by:
OK, got it but my point is will in the future room for some (useful) new features lie the ones I spoked above. Probably I will have to resign on map...:(
Thanks given by:
It's an engine limitation. AC uses the 1st Cube engine, while Sauer uses the Cube 2 engine which is better and overall works better, albeit with higher spec requirements.

Large open spaces cause lag in AC maps. As long as AC uses the same engine you won't get your wish on the "official" maps. Generally, we tend to reject the huge maps (rifle@camper, gemas etc.) for the reason that they stray from the intentions of the developers in regards to gameplay. Hope that info helps.
Thanks given by:
Probably already suggested but, when downloading a demo give an option to rename it.
Thanks given by:
Whenever a player's name appears on the console, make it colored according to the team they are in, and make all teamkills appear in in some different color like yellow.

Example:
Player A gibbed Player C
Player A was teamkilled by Player C
Player B slashed Player C

Or better yet, make it customizable through the Settings menu where you can change the color, letter style (bold, underline, etc), size, etc.
Thanks given by:
In addition to Wolf's idea...

you gibbed Player D

Italian colours! :D
Thanks given by:
Too many colours, it would be a distraction.
Thanks given by:
(11 Jul 11, 02:10AM)Andrez Wrote: Too many colours, it would be a distraction.
Hence the idea of you being able to customize it yourself.
Thanks given by:
(10 Jul 11, 11:19PM)Thorite Wrote: Probably already suggested but, when downloading a demo give an option to rename it.

Screenshots aswell
Thanks given by:
/screenshot [filename]
Thanks given by:
Pretty sure /getdemo DEMO# filename - works too.
Thanks given by:
Highlighting : You can customize a list of words to highlight in the console.
Thanks given by:
ty bukz, but how many people actually knew about this command? I'd like to see a menu come up to ask you when getting a demo. Maybe it could display the mins. played for each map and number of players in it, idk if that's possible though.
Thanks given by:
Aye, if you get a demo via the menu, it'd make sense to have such a dialog.
Though, I only remember it allowing you to specify the folder to put the demo in, not its filename.
Thanks given by:
A single player skin menu for when in a FFA mode so you don't have to change teams.
Thanks given by:
There was a patch to colored teamnames awhile back on sf :P
Thanks given by:
(10 Jul 11, 06:22AM)Lantry Wrote: Along the same lines as stranz's request: you should be able to see which player has the flag. I think you should even be able to see who has the enemy flag, but I haven't put much thought into it. The main problem that this would address would be in TKTF matches when you lose track of which team has the flag, so even just being able to see which team has the flag in these matches would be good.

Can't you just press Alt, and see the map?
Thanks given by: