Ideas
What Xenon is saying here is something that has been said thousands of times and hopefully the devs can do something about this. Something extra I think would be better though, to do /pause and /resume the player needs to have admin AND the mastermode must be set in match, just in case...
Thanks given by:
(30 Apr 11, 04:16PM)Xenon Wrote: For matches:
/pause Definition: Pauses game, no-one can move not even aim and time pauses. Only admin can vote this.
/resume Definition: Resumes game.

Spectators should not be allowed to type in public chat. It gets really annoying and frustrating when in game people are just just having a chat. They got team-chat so use it.

This would be perfect.
Thanks given by:
A better idea would be to treat the spectators like a "team." Team chat from spectators would only be seen by other spectators, while public chat from spectators would be seen by everyone. Trust me, you don't want to get rid of the spectators' ability to communicate with in-game players.
(spectating, so chat is hidden)
Player1: Hey, I'm going to have to close down this server, so you might want to end the CM while you have the time!
(playing)
Player2: So, Player3, how about this Clan Match? :D
Player3: Oh, it's great. Best ratio I've gotten in a long time, I'll make sure I screenshot it at intermission!
2 minutes remaining
*server disconnects; all players are kicked out*
Player2: FFFUUUU
Player3: FFFUUUU
Player1: I tried to tell you both...
Thanks given by:
Somebody uses plain font...
Thanks given by:
Spectators already have team-chat, except it shows up as green to other spectators. Public chat is public chat, visible everywhere to players and spectators.
Thanks given by:
Yes but it is very disturbing in the middle of a game for some specs to be talking about what they had for lunch.
Thanks given by:
Spectator can only public chat if they're admin?
Thanks given by:
Ding dong, jamz's got it. But seriously, if someone doesn't have admin and really needs to tell something to the guys playing, then just spawn and suicide instantly, say what you want, and go back to spectate mode.
Thanks given by:
What will happen if the spectator lock mode is implemented?
Thanks given by:
They use spec private?
Thanks given by:
I was talking about what would happen if spectators needed to say something (if there is no admin and no spectators can spawn), but then again spectators really shouldn't have to say anything.
Thanks given by:
(03 May 11, 02:18PM)KillShock Wrote: I was wondering if it was possible to make the mini-map hidden or like when someone shoots they pop up on it for like 2 sec or something. And i doubt this is possible with such a old engine running AC but could you add in radar as like a 10 kill streak or something. I would like this because the overall level of people playing is so low now its something for them to obtain and a goal for them. Make it more interactive, a reward system of some sort. Maybe skins for your best kill streak or skins for how many kills you have gotten. Is this possible or is this a lost hope. Please respond so I don't go crazy. Not even killstreaks but some reward system so the game play gets better.

Thanks KilShock
Cya in game!!

Thanks given by:
Re: spawning and suiciding: if private messaging between players is implemented, you will just be able to message one (or more) of the people playing, and they can repeat your message.
Thanks given by:
rewards are in the pipeline - just look at it's budding: the "score"-column in scoreboard, later awards will be given .. most likely for things like most-kills-in-a-row .. or in a given time .. but also for special feats of teamwork - at least that's what I hope ;)
Thanks given by:
NOOOO!!! Don't do it!

I like that you have no permanent "record" in AC :(
Thanks given by:
You can do that without a "permanent record."
Though, in a few different ways, AC does have a "permanent record."
Thanks given by:
/msg cn "I arz Duckett"

Basically would message only one person, but say what you want in Quotes.
Thanks given by:
(05 May 11, 03:33AM)Duckett Wrote: /msg cn "I arz Duckett"

Basically would message only one person, but say what you want in Quotes.

I assume the /ignore cn command would work here in case that person abuses this feature?
Thanks given by:
Sure but why not just make it available to multiple arguments (maybe even 20 O.o) would make the alias clunky... but easier to use.
Thanks given by:
I just thought of an idea the other day. Well it would be like a hitsound except it wiuld make a loud beep sound when you get hit. Of course this beep sound should be different than the /hitsound command.
Thanks given by:
bballn45: I believe there are certain audio files that sound when you get hit, which sounds like a little "groaning in pain" sound: packages > audio > player > pain1.ogg-pain2.ogg-etc. You could try changing all those to the same file with the sound you wish to hear to see if it works.
Thanks given by:
And .. of course everybody knows this, I know - just saying:
you'd do it by providing a personalized config/sounds.cfg (in your game-home, not in the installation-directory!) where you change the filename and put the appropriate replacement-file(s) into the proper subdirectory inside your game-home .. naturally, why would anybody do it any different - nobody would ever dream of replacing the files themselves .. much less forget to make a backup .. and they surely never would come back later asking how to get the files back now, would they?
Thanks given by:
RandumKiwi (on countless occasions) Wrote:No wai!
Thanks given by:
I can not understand how 2xpistols may be the most powerful weapon in the game, in my opinion should be equivalent to other.

my suggestion:
add 2x pistols as a primary weapon.
and replace the 2x pistol power up, a rocket launcher would be a new power up.
the actual grenade is more like grenade launcher(from quake), the player use it for a primary weapon.

this sounds more fun for me.

Some players say no, but, remember how quake/doom-like games are fun(AC was created inspired in these games, and a little conterstrike).
for me, rocket launcher are perfect in AC for a power up, and 2x pistol for a primary.

-
another idea for new weapon> super shotgun(like doom or quake).

would be a weapon with the features that other guns do not have :
exemple:
reloads constantly.
slow fireinterval(compared to shotgun).
but, more spread and fire power.
the most powerfull weapon in close range(the old shotgun is more like a super overpowerd shotgun,but, i like the new shotgun).
very weak in long range, but, regular in medium range vs hordes of players(suport).
in close range, more easy to do 1 shot kill, but, is not very good in certain situations because the slow fire interval.
--
small ideas>
change the cadence of firing in automatic weapons, like> single-auto-bust(it is possible to do that with scripts, but it would be interesting to make it official and available to everyone), and, pistol have bust fire to(like glock).

zoom for all weapons(would be customizable or fix, exemple> low zoom for pistol/shotgun/Smg- medium for carbine, for sniper you can chage the zoom usin mouse 3 ).

-----
summarizing:
new weapons> 2x pistol as a primary, super shotgun for primary weapon, rocket launcher as a power up, fire modes for autos and pistol, zoom for all weapons and improve sniper zoom.

: )
---
other idea:
different arms skins for each team(like cube 2- 3 tipes- red/blue/green(DM), same for weapons.
and, if posible, different weapons skins por differents worlds(desert,snow,jungle,urban), like true combat elite. : )
Thanks given by:
The 2x pistol is the most powerful weapon in the game because it is a power up.
Thanks given by:
I don't know if this has been mentioned before (probably,) but can the knife please be a one hit kill from the back? I would like to be able to sneak up on oblivious players and campers, killing them instantly, without having to use the shotgun.
Thanks given by:
Like assassinations in Halo? \:D
Thanks given by:
(06 May 11, 09:30PM)Gibstick Wrote: The 2x pistol is the most powerful weapon in the game because it is a power up.

however, this weapon would be balanced to be a primary weapon.
would be basically the ordinary pistol, but with more ammo.
exemple: pistol = 8 shots- 2x pistol = 16 shots : )
the model are the same of the pisto, but, diferent texture : )
Thanks given by:
You are describing the combat pistols tbh.
Thanks given by:
but,I think is more cool(hollywood :P) 2xpistol for a primary, maybe, another pistol for secundary (like power pistol x rapid pistol with bust fire mode ) or bust fire for basic pistol(like gloc) : ).

the unique feature of the weapons would be: right mouse button fires the gun right and left button fires left the gun, you can shoot the two pistols at once if you want, and can shoot a gun while the other recharges(like the new western : P), but, the reload would be slower, you have to learn to save ammunition.
many advantages in some situations, and many other disadvantages.
Thanks given by: