Ideas
Water at lowest subdivision with no movement can't be that hard to render...
Thanks given by:
The point is that you couldn't use them as cubes. They would all be at the same level if you used the water functions. I'm guessing you haven't done much mapping :P Go into a noob map and type /waterlevel 100 (in edit mode single player).
Thanks given by:
Oh StRaTo, tell me about it.
Thanks given by:
I'm not talking about using water as cubes, I'm talking about writing some code that lets you use the same part of the engine that renders the water to make translucent cubes.

Of course, I'm probably the wrong person to say what's not hard to render, lol.
Thanks given by:
There is a transparent texture, you just can't see it
Thanks given by:
There's no need to copy any part of the water.cpp code.

When polygons are rendered they are generated via various methods. One such method is by using triangles. You make a call to glBegin(GL_TRIANGLES). This is followed by glColor3x(r, g, b) in the case of opaque polygons. Then vertices are generated by making three calls to glVertex3x(), one for each vertex. The three vertices form one opaque triangle.

Making a transparent polygon is very simple. There are different methods for doing so but the following is the method I use most commonly[And the method AC uses IIRC]:

glEnable (GL_BLEND);
glBlendFunc (GL_SRC_ALPHA, GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA);

^ Those two lines are used to "enable" transparency. Then when I want to render a transparent triangle, instead of calling glColor3x(r, g, b), I call glColor4x(r, g, b, alpha).

AC's engine has support for calls to glColor4x(). In fact, calls are made glColor4f() in the source for such things as HUD features.

The difficulty behind transparent cubes is it is not as simple as changing glColor3x() to glColor4x() whenever you want to. You have to think about the order in which the geometry is rendered. Think about this: water is reflective in AC. If you render the water before the cubes it is supposed to reflect, the water will not reflect anything. You must render the cubes before the water. A similar nuance arises when rendering transparency with the above method; you must render the polygons behind the transparent surface first because the transparent polygons use source alpha to calculate the proper color for each pixel.

The reason I mentioned transparent clips are the most likely solution is because clip entities are rendered after the cubes AFAIK. If the clip is transparent it shouldn't cause any problems; the cubes in the map were rendered earlier.
Thanks given by:
I saw the the transparent texture once.
It got scared and ran away....

Thanks given by:
AC forum is a troll lair and the comunity is fictional. There is no point in sharing anything with it, joining it is an error.
Thanks given by:
(08 Apr 11, 08:46AM)Brett Wrote: For servercmdline.txt :
Avoiding modes without defining a map with the -A switch.

example : -A#5 avoids voting CTF on any map

F1
Thanks given by:
I know MP3's not going to happen, but FLAC support would be nice.
Thanks given by:
Avoiding any of the specific maps you didnt like

example : -A*gema* -A*twintowers*
Thanks given by:
You could make scripts for those.
In single-player, the default scripts can be edited to redirect when attempting to load the "offending" mode.
In multi-player, something as simple as
addcheck_msa [if (|| (= (curmode) 5) (strstr (curmap) gema)) [disconnect] []]
you could add on as your preferences increase in number.
Thanks given by:
V-Man, -A is the server switch to block that map/mode from being played on your server.
I think Bugboy was wanting wildcard support. F1
Thanks given by:
(08 Apr 11, 01:07PM)StRaTo Wrote: I know MP3's not going to happen, but FLAC support would be nice.
IMHO FLAC is will make the download to big.
I do agree that FLAC wound be good, but it would also make the game a lot bigger.

Edit: If you arent talking about us (client side) adding FLAC sound our self. That would make it a big F1.
Thanks given by:
I think he's talking about adding FLAC audio support for both sounds/music, tbh I could only see it becoming useful (due to the rather large sizes) for those wanting to add custom music in-game via script.

I could see it happening assuming implementing it would not add a large amount to the package/dependencies.
Thanks given by:
.ogg and .wave is fine and FLAC in 2x bigger than a .wave.
The audio package is around 15.9Mb , with .FLAC it will be around 25-30Mb and the AC size will become around 65Mb...
Thanks given by:
Yes the game it self will get to big with FLAC sounds, but the support so we (players/clients) can add it our self would be good.
You got okey sound system you hear the difference.
Thanks given by:
Autoscreenshot should not take screenshots when demos are finished.
Thanks given by:
weapons drop shells, cube2 has a mod called red eclipse, where weapons release shells.
maybe, possibel is something similar in assault cube, and this option could be toggled in the game options.
red eclipse are open source, maybe, could someone take a look at the code of the game and see if it is possible to add something similar to assault cube. thanks
Thanks given by:
Autoscreenshots have also been taking screens at odd times for me, not just at the end of demos.

A few examples.

EDIT: It would be nice to be able to turn on HUD gun display when spectating. You could do some cool video editing effects for example. Though it's not essential to the gameplay.

It also would be nice in general to have separate HUD settings for spectating.
Thanks given by:
I wasn't talking about converting all the sounds to FLAC, I was talking about adding support for FLAC files so that we can use our own music and stuff in the game. FLAC's an open-source codec (It stands for "Free Lossless Audio Codec, funnily enough), so it shouldn't be that hard to add support.

@.ExodusS*: Where are you getting these figures from? I thought a FLAC was half the size of the same file in uncompressed .wav format.

@wolfbr: Dropping shells would be pretty pointless, considering that none of the weapon animations contain shell ejection.

Thanks given by:
(09 Apr 11, 01:50PM)StRaTo Wrote: @wolfbr: Dropping shells would be pretty pointless, considering that none of the weapon animations contain shell ejection.

A few a_slow_old_man mods DO have shell ejection though.
Thanks given by:
(10 Apr 11, 02:06AM)Orynge Wrote: A few a_slow_old_man mods DO have shell ejection though.

Those are only animations. If I'm correct, the shell ceases to exist once it's out of the player's FOV.
Thanks given by:
(10 Apr 11, 02:19AM)eftertanke Wrote:
(10 Apr 11, 02:06AM)Orynge Wrote: A few a_slow_old_man mods DO have shell ejection though.

Those are only animations. If I'm correct, the shell ceases to exist once it's out of the player's FOV.

That's what I meant.
Thanks given by:
(10 Apr 11, 02:19AM)eftertanke Wrote: Those are only animations. If I'm correct, the shell ceases to exist once it's out of the player's FOV.

technically, they go back to the starting position :P
Thanks given by:
no, i talk about "true" drop shells(like the most fps), not only weapons animations(like 007-64 or classic wolfestein/doom's shotgun). you can see it in red eclipse.

see it>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjHVb3z72tM
0:13 secs , 0:28 secs, 0:32 secs
see the shells : D.. yes, ragdolls and blood are good to : )
please, matrix wallwalk for AC, lol.
Thanks given by:
No, I don't think you get what I mean... Why should there be shells falling to the ground if there's none flying out of the gun? I know some of a_slow_old_man's mods have shell ejection animations, but they're not part of the official release, so it would be silly to add things to the game based around them.
Thanks given by:
I'd like to see the spectator camera be able to be controlled indepently of /gamespeed, /paused, etc, for example so you can move your camera around a frozen or slowed down scene at a constant speed.

EDIT: FFUUUU i posted this already two pages ago.

Also, F1 to showing the gun during spectate. It would make the creation of montages and other AC videos a lot easier!
Thanks given by:
^ again? lol. But both would definitely help with montages.

edit: currently I have to bind keys to change gamespeed so i can get in the right position lol...
Thanks given by:
Don't forget rewind ;)
I do know there is a script, but it would be way better if you could write something like: /rewind 12 and you go back to 12 minutes remaining or something similar :)
Thanks given by: