Ideas
(03 Apr 11, 01:25AM)ChaoticToSayTheLeast Wrote: ***snipped***
I WANT YOU TO SEE ME PLAYING WITH AN AWESOME GUN.
***snipped***

I'm fine with seeing an M4A1 but not a cheesy looking bannana-rifle. How do I make that happen? By intstalling my own mods.

EDIT:
(03 Apr 11, 04:14AM)Lantry Wrote: well, you could do something where if they have the model it loads that one, but if they don't it will just load the default gun.

I can understand where you're going, but I think a client should see and hear the same thing from each player. Otherwise what's to stop me from replacing my shotty sound with a pea-shooter sound and becoming a stealth assassin? O.o
Thanks given by:
What the hell is a banana-rifle, and what is wrong with seeing one?

The risk of getting banned.

I give up, my opinion won't change, your opinions won't change, there is no further point to continuing this particular aspect of the discussion, in my opinion.

And let the record show that ridiculous is my fucking middle name. ;D

Thanks given by:
(03 Apr 11, 07:56AM)ChaoticToSayTheLeast Wrote: What the hell is a banana-rifle, and what is wrong with seeing one?

It's reasonable to want others to see your modified content. Pop a forum thread saying how cool the mod you're using is, and people will try it out on their own.

If you want to see it, fine. No one else should be automatically forced to see it. They shouldn't be presented with the decision ingame either.

Next time, preferably before an outburst, you should guess what the example that confuses you may mean. That's a basic reading skill called "Using Context Clues".
Thanks given by:
Greatest link evar.

Thanks given by:
How about we add a feature to matches where if you want to spec you can only spec one team and the team you spec is your team to prevent ghosting/cheating etc.

legacy. normally has a whole bunch of people on and it is really sad seeing some clans going no specs, you ghost us. For example one clan forced me to spectate by joining the game and suiciding meaning we lost 1 kill and started with -1 kill. What happened if we lost by 1 kill. It would be pretty sad.

I mean if we can get a feature that specs can only spec one side that would help as to let people spectate. This is only for matches though because some people like spectating pubs. :D
Thanks given by:
I think there should be a hitbox, so people know if they hit or missed, therefor allowing them to stratigize easier.
Thanks given by:
(04 Apr 11, 02:21AM)Elven Wrote: I think there should be a hitbox, so people know if they hit or missed, therefor allowing them to stratigize easier.

/hitsound 1

The hitbox used to be enabled in the old version, but since it gave the player an advantage as spotting other players easier, and perhaps helping them on their aim as well, it was removed by the devs.
Thanks given by:
Bring back /dbghbox 1
Thanks given by:
Carbine should have reduced time between shots. No more than 10-100 ms though.

EDIT: Also, maybe the carbine could shoot through more than one person, doing half damage for every person it goes through.
Thanks given by:
some ideas:
use the gun from someone who is dead.
add dual pistols as primary weapons(with some balance),
for replace dual pistols pickup, would be an interesting item that lets the player a bit faster(exemple, adrenaline).
2 secundarys pistols(damange x speed, or revolver x pisol).
a new primary weapons( maybe rocket launcher, grenade launcher is fine to, or a lmg(lot of ammo, support gun).

and the possibility of throwing the knife, more for fun : D

---
possibility of mp3 playlist in AC(winamp) : )
Thanks given by:
(04 Apr 11, 07:30PM)wolfbr Wrote: some ideas:
***snipped***
possibility of mp3 playlist in AC(winamp) : )

This is possible through a script.
Thanks given by:
I'd like to see a HUD that plays nicely with widescreen resolutions.

Perhaps as a temporary workaround we can use a new "oldfashionednadestats" to remove the extra grenade ammo HUD element? Similar to the way "oldfashionedgunstats" changes the ammo section to what it used to look like (though I don't use that, but that's not the point.)
Thanks given by:
*new idea* (possibly)

Female voice coms?
Thanks given by:
Sexy and seducing female voice coms. That's more like it.
Thanks given by:
didn't v-wifey say she did voice effects? ;D
Thanks given by:
Oh yah guys, like I really need my wife's sultry voice in your ears going
*I got you covered*
Thanks given by:
* V-Wifey Does her best man impression.
Hey Porky!
Look out your hairy window... it's me, Monica!
I got the flag, Porky!
Thanks given by:
har har har... How about a beer inspired skin?
player skins representing different beers? And a gun to go with it?d
Thanks given by:
(06 Apr 11, 07:40AM)HKZ Yahtzee 420 Wrote: har har har... How about a beer inspired skin?

...why?
Thanks given by:
Have the ability to make clips slightly opaque and coloured.
Thanks given by:
Female player models as well as voice coms.

Thanks given by:
Transparent textures?
Thanks given by:
Yes transparent textures
Thanks given by:
I'm all in for my sexy voice to be female.
Thanks given by:
Textures are not transparent, polygons are. AC partially supports transparency already in the form of some HUD features and water of course, but transparent cubes will require a bit of a reorganization of the engine.

IIRC, to render transparent polygons you first need to render all opaque polygons, then move on to the transparent ones. The reason for this being transparent polygons can't occlude and because they require source alpha to calculate the proper colors to simulate transparency.

That's not to say it can't or won't be done.
Thanks given by:
So, does that mean translucent clips aren't likely? :(

* VenteX wants windows, really bad!
Thanks given by:
Actually, transparent/translucent clips would likely be the easiest and most plausible implementation of transparency IMO. If any method of transparency were to be considered I would highly recommend it.
Thanks given by:
(06 Apr 11, 08:28AM)eftertanke Wrote:
(06 Apr 11, 07:40AM)HKZ Yahtzee 420 Wrote: har har har... How about a beer inspired skin?

...why?

why not? Lol
Thanks given by:
I think translucent clips would be easily done. We could use the same part of the engine that renders water.
Thanks given by:
(06 Apr 11, 10:53PM)StRaTo Wrote: I think translucent clips would be easily done. We could use the same part of the engine that renders water.

So you want translucent cubes all at the same level?
/translucentcubelevel 100
Hmmmmm
Thanks given by: