Ideas
(30 Mar 11, 12:28AM)HKZ Yahtzee 420 Wrote: I think a gille suit player model would be amazing. Or a flak jacket? Or maybe even a ninja or samurai model lol
or a drunk hobo!

* eftertanke haz a sad
Thanks given by:
I can't seem to find if this already exists or not but it would be awesome if there was a way to benchmark the game. Something like a timedemo command, it runs a recorded demo at a fast speed (gamespeed command already exists) and then outputs the low, average and highest fps you get during the run.

Perhaps this could even be made using a script, but I don't know much about scripting in AC.
Thanks given by:
I'd make one if CubeScript had an ident for fps. Did you get that idea from quake?
Thanks given by:
Yes this is a common command on most id games.
Thanks given by:
+1
Many scripts could be used with CubeScript access to stats like ping and FPS.
And WQD.
Thanks given by:
Make the speed of the "ghost camera" independent of /paused and /gamespeed. For the love of practical demo watching
Thanks given by:
V-Man: you know you just have to ask for them ;-)

@timedemo - I just know the old-school Quake variant, a simple 360° turn and then output average fps. With CubeScript-access to fps given (still TODO, but consider it done) the scenario you presented could be done easily enough though.
Thanks given by:
Yeah you are talking about timerefresh, which could also be useful. I think it was a quake2 command.
Thanks given by:
(31 Mar 11, 12:01AM)flowtron Wrote: V-Man: you know you just have to ask for them ;-)

LOL
I used to think otherwise. You spoil me so. XD

Lately I fail to ask because I don't think of it before someone else does.
Thanks given by:
Might have been said before but, have random player skins upon joining a server. RVSF is always that dark blue skin, and it seems like nobody even changes their skin based on the map.
Thanks given by:
Okay, I this is going to be a small list of things that I think could improve the game! Many of them are quite minor!

- Spectators in match mode often accidentally spawn during a game. Make it so that clicking in match mode brings up a menu to spawn as RVSF, CLA or to cancel spawning.

- RVSF skins seem slightly darker than CLA skins. The blue blends in with the enviroment a bit too much in my opinion.

- Disable afk-kick from private mastermode.

And here's my wishlist:

- Make a locked mode where players can freely join but only server admins can change players to active play. In other respects it should behave like match mode.

- Unicode support in chat.

- People might flame me for it, but I wouldn't mind color support in names!

- Provide country information (and perhaps even flags by players' names in the scoreboard) for each player. Sauerbraten has this, and I actually quite like it -- it can even be useful sometimes.
Thanks given by:
roflcopter: match mastermode doesn't have afk-kick, but then match mastermode isn't entirely complete and would be complete with your suggestions :D
The idea of a spectator lock has been suggested before. Maybe lucas can work on this one.
Thanks given by:
(01 Apr 11, 04:17AM)Roflcopter Wrote: ***snipped***
- RVSF skins seem slightly darker than CLA skins. The blue blends in with the enviroment a bit too much in my opinion.
***snipped***
- Unicode support in chat.
***snipped***
- Provide country information (and perhaps even flags by players' names in the scoreboard) for each player. Sauerbraten has this, and I actually quite like it -- it can even be useful sometimes.

F1
Thanks given by:
Flags next to player names = cesspool of nationalism and petty feuds.

my contry can beat up ur contry
Thanks given by:
(01 Apr 11, 05:35AM)Mael Wrote: Flags next to player names = cesspool of nationalism and petty feuds.

my contry can beat up ur contry

Lol. We already have that though, to be fair. Dozens of players running around with BR, FR, and others. Maybe they're clan tags of course.
Thanks given by:
I just don't see any use in country flags, TBH. Do you care which country someone is from? I don't, really.
Thanks given by:
(01 Apr 11, 04:17AM)Roflcopter Wrote: - Spectators in match mode often accidentally spawn during a game. Make it so that clicking in match mode brings up a menu to spawn as RVSF, CLA or to cancel spawning.

why not :)
maybe we can make a /lockteams vote or w/e we'll see
Thanks given by:
TBH - I have that planned already - but I've been holding back with new features, since we're trying to concentrate on the weapon-balance for the next release. After we have them sorted out we can push forward with more match-mode details.
For one thing I have that idea in particular planned for any team-match - if you join you'll first be asked to pick a team; with the currently weaker team being the default choice. This dialog would be the prime candidate for any team-change you perform locally.
Thanks given by:
Well, if I'm getting what flowtron is saying, wouldn't this make it easier for better players to gang up on the weaker team?
Thanks given by:
well, players can switch teams (a little bit) already, so there is no reason to make them wait until after they spawn to do so. also, I'm assuming that it will make sure the teams stay basically balanced, for example if it is 6 players vs 4 players, it won't let you join the 6 player team.
Thanks given by:
I think it's time for me to contribute to this thread, and remind you this post took me like 20 minutes to write

Ideas :
That the Knife does different amounts of damage depending on where it hit

Bring back the "ratio" part of the scoreboard, so I don't have to hurt my brain trying to do math.

And that maps are required to have a cfg.
Thanks given by:
(31 Mar 11, 10:47PM)Thorite Wrote: Might have been said before but, have random player skins upon joining a server. RVSF is always that dark blue skin, and it seems like nobody even changes their skin based on the map.

1.This

2. Is it intenional, that you can't switch weapons while reloading? Because, being able to do so, would be a great improvement imo.
Thanks given by:
electricFuneral: most people turn off autoreload so that they can change weapons.
Thanks given by:
I always thought it'd be handy to have a 16x16 flag icon on the scoreboard displayed next to a player's name who is currently holding a flag. It's not that important at all but I think it'd be a nice addition. If I had a nickel for every time I forgot the name of the player on the enemy team who has my team's flag...
Thanks given by:
Nice idea asthenia, happens to me too.
Thanks given by:
(02 Apr 11, 11:58AM)electricFuneral Wrote: 2. Is it intenional, that you can't switch weapons while reloading? Because, being able to do so, would be a great improvement imo.

areyouanoctopus?
Thanks given by:
I love that everyones solution to a mod idea is to install your own.
The problem with that is, if I go online right now, and kill unarmed with my AR, they won't see the M4A1 I see. They will see me killing them with the default AR. That is why more weapons, or more weapon models would be something I want. I don't just want to play with an awesome gun, I WANT YOU TO SEE ME PLAYING WITH AN AWESOME GUN.

Duh.

Thanks given by:
But they don't. Multiple models for each weapon means more work and it's a waste of space. No sense in bloating AC.

(03 Apr 11, 01:25AM)ChaoticToSayTheLeast Wrote: I WANT YOU TO SEE ME PLAYING WITH AN AWESOME GUN.

^^ And that is fucking ridiculous.
Thanks given by:
well, you could do something where if they have the model it loads that one, but if they don't it will just load the default gun.
but all the code behind it that would make it work, and the necessary changes (like a standardised naming scheme) would be more work than it is worth, especially considering that AC isn't really mean to be fancy.
Thanks given by:
(03 Apr 11, 04:14AM)Lantry Wrote: well, you could do something where if they have the model it loads that one, but if they don't it will just load the default gun.

Err, textbook definition of a mod.
Thanks given by: