Ideas
(26 Feb 11, 03:12AM)Bukz Wrote: I don't get what you mean?

-Snip-

If you want it to be a random color use:

Snip-

...put it into an ident alias like this for easier use:

Snip-

...use it like this:

Snip-

Never knew that was there. I was putzing around with a bunch of /echo /f3Hello, world! nonsense to no avail. I figured it was MOTD/Server Description only but thought I'd try echoing in game.
Thanks given by:
Learn something new each day. You can also use formfeed if you wish.
Thanks given by:
I was thinking of a little but nice detail. Would it be possible that you see something like a reflection if a sniper scopes at you? It shouldn't dazzle you much. You should notice it but still see what's going on around you. You should be able to react concerning the scoping sniper as well as trying to have an eye on other opponents. This detail wouldn't affect your overall-gameplay a lot. Though in games with few players you would be aware of the snipers and if someone scopes at you there might be a chance to react and jump to a side or duck immediately.
Thanks given by:
(color numbers go up to 9, BTW)
Thanks given by:
(26 Feb 11, 03:15AM)SplatZ Wrote: No max limit on crosshairsize.

I tried to make an ironsights mod by changing the crosshair to a picture of the sights, only to find out exactly how the crosshair size works. :(
Is there a reason this isn't allowed? because sauerzoom is, so it doesn't make much sense.

Anyway, another idea of mine:
-flickering lights (could just be another argument for the light command, would default to constant (0) and would flicker faster with a higher number
- mapmodels that change into something else when nobody is looking, and then change back when somebody looks at them.
Thanks given by:
Mapmodels already do that!
They are invisible when occluded.

I might as well put this here:
// Simple lightning visual effect by V-Man
// Based on work by NSL:BlueShift
alias lightning [
sloop lgt (+ (rnd 5) (rnd 2)) (+ (* (rnd 5) 100) 10) [
  lightscale 1
  recalc
  sleep (+ (rnd 200) 5) [
   lightscale 4
   recalc]]]

recursive Lstorm [(+ (* (rnd 10) 1000) 3000)] lightning
As seen in this video XD
Thanks given by:
When someone is banned, show a message in the console that tells him that it is only for 20 minutes. That way, we'll get less threads like this one: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-2429-post...l#pid40404
Thanks given by:
In 1.0.4 I really liked to play against bots from time to time. In 1.1 the bots are much weaker, the carbine bots do not shoot at all... In 1.0.4 all bots on the highest level have been good with the different weapons, the smg bot was very precise! That's why I still play 1.0 games with bots sometimes but I think it would be better if the 1.0 bot settings would be transfered to 1.1.
Thanks given by:
I'd like a Hardcore TDM/TS mode (yes I got it from cod ._.)

Where everything stays the same except:

- no pickups
- 48 hp at the start
- you start with one nade

Maybe a how to make your own gamemode tutorial would be great :D
Thanks given by:
(28 Feb 11, 10:13AM)a_slow_old_man Wrote: Maybe a how to make your own gamemode tutorial would be great :D
Oh my......god. Baby let me... OK, OK. You probably said the most orgasmic thing in this thread yet.
Thanks given by:
Good idea, slow_old_man.
Thanks given by:
(28 Feb 11, 10:13AM)a_slow_old_man Wrote: I'd like a Hardcore TDM/TS mode (yes I got it from cod ._.)

Where everything stays the same except:

- no pickups
- 48 hp at the start
- you start with one nade

Maybe a how to make your own gamemode tutorial would be great :D

I had the same idea a while back, but i realised that the carbine would own pretty hard. I dunno, it's probably still worth testing out. On the plus side, fighting with the pistol could be viable, as it would only take 4(?) shots to kill someone.
Thanks given by:
Thats the clue :D

As soon as you see someone you've won... or at least when you are faster ;D
Thanks given by:
separate muzzleflash images for each weapon. this could just be included in the weapons model pack, and specified in the config file for that weapon.
Thanks given by:
That's already do-able Lantry. Just need to edit "md3.cfg" in the weapon's folder and change the first two numbers in the line line "md3emit tag_muzzle 10 50 25". Dunno how you'd add your own, but there's a start.
Thanks given by:
Idea: showing the model preview in the right side of the menĂ¹ when it's highlighted, just like playermodels skins are showed.
Thanks given by:
Enable viewing both teams in both radar and minimap in demos.
Thanks given by:
Show enemies on the minimap as a red dot when they shoot. Like in COD. . .

OH! Make a huge mod package that adds better effects, better weapons/skins, better sounds, the whole deal. But have it as an option to download, that way people can still play on the 40-50 mb game :D

yes? no? maybe?
(would probably have to be instated by developers. . .)
Thanks given by:
Domination/Search and Destroy modes ;o
Thanks given by:
@Mikey, see, that is a great idea. No, a fantastic idea.

I would also like more weapons.
I think there are limitations to how many weapons there should be, but there is definitely room to experiment. Some kind of beam weapon. Something that one-shots(?), but takes a second to charge up. Even a Gatling gun would work, as the rotary barrels need time to get up to speed. That would give some time for the other players to start defending themselves, because once that thing got going, it would need to decimate anything in it's way. Some new kinds of melee weapon. Around the same damage as a knife, but not so ordinary. Knuckledusters, some kind of finger armor, maybe. Hell, a baseball bat. ('You got struck out by CallMeChaotic'. Ha.) There should definitely be more than one kind of pistol. Maybe three? The one we have now, a DEagle, and something weird. Smoke grenades might be possible. Toss one, and a room fills with the fog effect. Also, flashbangs could work. After it explodes, a white overlay image covers the screen, as well as hearing that ringing sound, and after a few seconds, they both fade away (so many comas. >.>). Damage would be minimal to none. The sniper is fine, but give it a variable zoom. I think this feature needs to be coded into the source, because every CubeScript implementation I've tried has failed.

Player models. WE NEED FEMALE PLAYER MODELS. For several reasons. The main one being, while most AC players are male, there are girls who play. Adding female player models might even get more people to play it. Also, what's more fun than watching someone get owned by a girl? Other than killing one, of course. :D The models would have to be realistic as far as body proportions go. Make them obviously female, but reasonable. I don't mean to be offensive, but honestly, how many soldiers have you seen with double D's (Again, making a point, not trying to piss anyone off)? As for the player skins, I feel they would need to be similar to the existing ones. Same uniforms, just tailored to fit the new character.
As well as the addition of the female models, I feel the originals need to be updated. They seem a little thick to me, the skins too rough. The models need to be streamlined, I think, and the skins should be more modern.

As far as game modes, there are already a lot of great ideas, so if I repeat any please disregard them. I'll also give my take on a few I know to have been stated.
Search and Destroy: Teams spawn on opposite sides of the map. One team has an objective, to find and 'destroy' the teams base (this can go two ways on the development side: 1.) Destroy simply means find and keep the enemy teams flag for 60 seconds. or 2.) Create a satchel charge weapon model and have the Search team plant it to win.). The other team must kill the Search team. The game ends either when the enemy's base is destroyed, or when the entire Search team is killed.
Sticks And Stones: Deathmatch with only melee weapons.
Smear The Queer (Queer is used in a jesting manner. It is not in any way used intentionally to offend anyone. It just rhymes.): One guy against, say, sixteen? When the 'Queer' gets 'smeared', someone is instantly marked as the new one. I little image would popup on screen, something like RUN!! Maybe a five second delay until the collective is notified. The killed player is then part of the collective. When the queer kills a member of the collective, the killed member is switched to spectator mode. The game ends either when the time limit's up, or the last of the group is killed. If the first queer isn't killed, he gets a tag in front of his name on score lists, like a badge of sorts. If the first queer kills the entirety of the collective, he gets an even shinier badge. :D Maps for this mode would be large, an eight maybe, and with lots of nooks and crannies to hide in. Things like those glitchy false walls would be out of the question.
King of the Hill: Only knives, with a sniper rifle pickup on the top of a large hill or building, something elevated. When the person with the rifle dies, the next person to pick it up is the king. And so on. The person who defends it the longest in the fifteen minute time limit wins. Note: The rifle can be swapped for any other weapon.
Zombie Survival Mode (YUSS!): A small group of players, I think four should suffice, against up to 28 undead soldiers. The Zombies only have knives, but full armor and more than average health, say 2x? The Survivors have access to any weapon, but no available armor, and must put two bullets in a Zombies' head to warrant a kill. The game ends when, all Survivors are dead, or when the Survivors reach their base. Because of the nature of the mode, maps will need to be large, but confined, with low ceilings and large areas far and few between. Size eight may have to be considered small for the map, as the goal would be to make the journey to the safe zone as difficult as possible. Difficult, does not mean impossible. No dead ends, no impossible jumps, areas need to be easily accessible. Rifle jumping is out, as such small areas will not allow it, as well as most situations making it impossible to do it in time.
Manhunt: Two teams, one slightly outnumbered, and armed only with knives. The other armed with Carbines and 25 armor. The goal of the Hunted is to survive until time runs out. While killing the Hunters is difficult, it would be possible,and several badges should be offered, such as one for a single kill, another for five, and so on, until you get the ultimate badge for the mode, which you must kill all of the Hunters for. The maps for this wouldn't necessarily need to be large. The only necessity for Manhunt maps would be hiding places and jumping spots, areas to jump off and use to backtrack and escape a pursuer. Basically, staircases to nowhere. The game ends when the time is up, the Hunted are all dead, or, God willing, the Hunters are all dead.

Weird stuff time!
I want teleporters, dangummit!
If there were, there could be a wider variety of maps that could be made.
I for one would love to see a space themed map.
Like a spaceship's interior.
Something different, not so realistic.
Damage Areas/Killzones
Areas of a map that cause damage or instantly kill you when you pass through them.
Spike pits, acid baths, rivers of lava, laser walls, any of those things could enhance gameplay a great deal.
Animated mapmodels
Things like searchlights, fans, people even, could greatly enhance the atmosphere on maps.
Non-Player enemies
Turrets, traps, stuff like that.

Alright. That's pretty much it. If it's ignorant, try not to kill me, and if it's offensive, I apologize, I really don't mean to offend anyone.

So yeah.

Stuffs.

Thanks given by:
Show enemies in your radar if they hold still/stay within the same area of only a few cubes for too long (3 seconds should do). Hurray to camping.
Thanks given by:
(14 Mar 11, 10:35AM)JMM Wrote: Show enemies in your radar if they hold still/stay within the same area of only a few cubes for too long (3 seconds should do). Hurray to camping.

idk about you but i strategically wait for my opponents if the situation requires
Thanks given by:
CS accessible variable to determine whether a player is standing on the ground or clip.
Thanks given by:
CubeScript-accessible variable describing the editheight level of the current selection (floor and ceiling)
Thanks given by:
(14 Mar 11, 07:20AM)ChaoticToSayTheLeast Wrote: Some new kinds of melee weapon. Around the same damage as a knife, but not so ordinary. Knuckledusters, some kind of finger armor, maybe. Hell, a baseball bat. ('You got struck out by CallMeChaotic'. Ha.)

Holy cow, way to write a book. Weapon mods for the knife should satisfy this desire.

As for pistols, i agree. at least add the revolver.

as for animated mapmodels, this already exists. ceiling fans, security cameras, and (i think) the computer monitor are all animated.
Thanks given by:
F1 to revolver

F0.5(which means doesn't make sense but would be cool) @ baseball bat "striking out" people xD
Thanks given by:
(14 Mar 11, 10:33PM)Nightmare Wrote: F0.5 @ baseball bat "striking out" people xD

so you mean f1 to having the kill messages in a config somewhere so you can set them to anything you want?
Thanks given by:
More like
I like the idea of having a baseball bat, knocking someone's head off, and it saying you "struck them out"
but it loses half of the F1 due to baseball bat not making much sense in Assault cube and not being likely. :)

customizable kill messages would be something though...
Thanks given by:
(28 Feb 11, 01:27PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote:
(28 Feb 11, 10:13AM)a_slow_old_man Wrote: Maybe a how to make your own gamemode tutorial would be great :D
Oh my......god. Baby let me... OK, OK. You probably said the most orgasmic thing in this thread yet.

Wolf is correct.
Thanks given by:
A baseball bat? Like in Team Fortress 2?

[Image: MMMMMMMMMMM-Trolololo-.jpg?imageSize=Lar...ame=Stoner]
Thanks given by: