Ideas
I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE FALL DAMAGE! 1 hp off for every cube you fall beyond, say, 50 cubes and we're set. DO THIS AND GET RID OF THE MAP LIMITS AND EVERYONE WILL LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER!
Thanks given by:
no, fall damage is a shit idea
Thanks given by:
You didn't properly read what JMM wrote Vermi:
"1 hp off for every cube you fall beyond, say, 50 cubes..."
This is further than you can fall in any official map, and most AC-style custom maps.
Thanks given by:
A midway to set this and the map limit would be just an on/off switch that could be set in the maprot, IMHO, so every server owner can decide whether to activate it or not and everyone is happy...
Thanks given by:
That would be stupid though because you would never know if it was on/off.
Thanks given by:
Stupid or not, it won't happen anyways.
Thanks given by:
What "map limit" are you talking about exactly? If it's the player-limit then that's already part of the maprot definitions; if it's the stuff regarding actually creating maps then those are in place to avoid people even trying to create stuff that doesn't really work with this engine. Go play Cube2, it has a real 3D map-format and can give you fantastic vistas over kilometeres of game-space.
Thanks given by:
(09 Feb 11, 03:19PM)jamz Wrote: You didn't properly read what JMM wrote Vermi:
"1 hp off for every cube you fall beyond, say, 50 cubes..."
This is further than you can fall in any official map, and most AC-style custom maps.

Therefore it's stupid, You didn't read it properly
Thanks given by:
I thought the people of CLA and RVSF were equipped with nano suits that allowed them to take fall damage? D';
Thanks given by:
New music manipulation idents such as:

music_pause
music_unpause
music_rewind
music_fastforward
music_stop

etc.
Thanks given by:
/chooseent or /deleteent to allow deletion of a specific entity regardless of your location.
Thanks given by:
Cubescript access to the texture history while editing for menu purposes. :)
Thanks given by:
double barrel shotgun instead of pump action. would allow 2 shots in quick succession, then a reload time. this way, shottys can keep (most) of their power without being tanks.
Thanks given by:
(15 Feb 11, 05:03AM)Bukz Wrote: Cubescript access to the texture history while editing for menu purposes. :)

You can't write a script to handle that? :-P
Thanks given by:
Don't think so, is there a method already that I'm unaware of/overlooking? D:

A /setprimary that takes map names/weapon indexes as arguments that will allow people to init spawn with a desired primary for specific maps.

A /selectionheight command that returns the height of the current selection in the map world. This could provide scripters a way of properly determining what height to set mapmodels/clips and the like at in complex map generating scripts.

A /settexture command that uses paths/filenames/extensions as arguments rather than trying to sort through the texture history. This would obviously only work if the texture was already in the map's config file.
Thanks given by:
Hrm, well, good point, you'd have to use a wrapper in order to keep track of textures. It wouldn't be a huge deal to install or use, but the scripting would be a bit complicated...
Thanks given by:
(10 Feb 11, 08:54AM)Vermi Wrote: Therefore it's stupid, You didn't read it properly
Wuddya mean by "therefore it's stupid" the idea is bloody awesome and requires no virgin sacrifices unlike most good things these days.
Thanks given by:
EDITING:
  • Bulletproof clip entity, or a window entity.
  • Texture menu (Like Sauer)
  • Show previews of mapmodels in mapmodel menu (similar to weapons menu)
SERVERS:
  • Flag to prevent the same map/mode from being voted more than X times in a row. (Or really, just anything to keep ac_desert and ac_douze from taking up EVERY SERVER 24 HOURS A DAY)
GENERAL/GAMEPLAY:
  • Enable the dang combat pistol!
  • Private messaging: /msg <cn> <message>. Would show up in console like teamchat, but in a different color. (Public: green, Team: blue, PM: red?)
Thanks given by:
+1 to the msg idea, except make PMs pink!!
Or yellow or orange, no problem... Dang pink haters.
Thanks given by:
yeah, red is already used for error stuff (pressing e outside of coopedit mode) and i think teamkilling. i would go with purple, pink, or orange. or perhaps teal. so many colors!
edit: doh, just realized only certain colors were possible, my bad.
Thanks given by:
Which reminds me of Mael's request for being able to specify text color using hex designations, like fogcolour.
Thanks given by:
F1 for being able to customize the text color. I REALLY MEAN THIS. PLEASE.
Thanks given by:
PINK and F1 i'm with the Custom color of Messages
Thanks given by:
(15 Feb 11, 03:19PM)VenteX Wrote: EDITING:
  • Bulletproof clip entity, or a window entity.
  • Texture menu (Like Sauer)
  • Show previews of mapmodels in mapmodel menu (similar to weapons menu)
SERVERS:
  • Flag to prevent the same map/mode from being voted more than X times in a row. (Or really, just anything to keep ac_desert and ac_douze from taking up EVERY SERVER 24 HOURS A DAY)
GENERAL/GAMEPLAY:
  • Enable the dang combat pistol!
  • Private messaging: /msg <cn> <message>. Would show up in console like teamchat, but in a different color. (Public: green, Team: blue, PM: red?)

Nice list of ideas, I pretty much like and agree on all.
Thanks given by:
(15 Feb 11, 03:19PM)VenteX Wrote: [*] Texture menu (Like Sauer)

//Texture Menu Beta Shit by Mael|oNe|

newmenu "Textures"
menuinit [ echo "Press enter to apply the highlighted texture to the selected cubes" ]
menudirlist "packages/textures/jamz" "jpg" "concatword $arg1 .jpeg" 1

That doesn't apply textures but it allows you to view textures in game. It also only works for the textures in jamz' folder :P
Thanks given by:
(18 Feb 11, 05:02AM)Mael Wrote:
//Texture Menu Beta Shit by Mael|oNe|

newmenu "Textures"
menuinit [ echo "Press enter to apply the highlighted texture to the selected cubes" ]
menudirlist "packages/textures/jamz" "jpg" "loadcrosshair (concatword $arg1 .jpeg)" 1

That doesn't apply textures but it allows you to view textures in game. It also only works for the textures in jamz' folder :P

And getting your crosshair back instead of running around with some weird sandish thing over someones face?
Thanks given by:
(18 Feb 11, 05:24AM)Viper Wrote: And getting your crosshair back instead of running around with some weird sandish thing over someones face?

Whoops. I fixed it.
Thanks given by:
I haven't read the whole thread (to be honest just the 5 posts above me) but I'd like to add my 2 cents and please dont flame me for double posting ._.

Weapons:
- Reload/Idle/aim anim on every weapon (except the knife I mean... scoping with it wouldn't be that helpful)
- enable/disable normal&specular maps
- A winning/loosing sound for CLA and RVSF (I'd like that)
- more jumpable official maps (Like ezjem but not that big not that nooby and not that campy - Yes I liked Ezjem till the end in 1.0.4)
- Give the knife a insta kill but make it way slower, like the carbin
- Seconds reameaning counter at the stats
- enable/disable teamchat (like teamspeak but in AC)

Hmm... more will follow :)
Thanks given by:
(18 Feb 11, 11:17AM)a_slow_old_man Wrote: - Reload/Idle/aim anim on every weapon (except the knife I mean... scoping with it wouldn't be that helpful)
And an option to turn it off :D

(18 Feb 11, 11:17AM)a_slow_old_man Wrote: - Give the knife a insta kill but make it way slower, like the carbin
Since AC has small maps, probably not. Maybe an increase in damage though.
Thanks given by:
(18 Feb 11, 11:25AM)Orynge Wrote:
(18 Feb 11, 11:17AM)a_slow_old_man Wrote: - Give the knife a insta kill but make it way slower, like the carbin
Since AC has small maps, probably not. Maybe an increase in damage though.
Just going to re-bump the insta-kill-from-back idea and leave it here.
Thanks given by: