Ideas
Sorry if you misunderstood "new"; blame my crap English, hehe.

I used "new" owing to the fact that we don't have one, so my point is that if there could be a new command in the next version like maybe /accuracy and your accuracy in that match; at exactly that moment, would show in the console.

Meaning if it is a match and there are 5 minutes left on the scoreboard, the command would tell you what your accuracy has been so far from the start of the game until those 5 minutes. Although, I reckon it would be better if it would acquaint you the accuracy from each weapon you have used so far, instead of having a vague average of all the guns.
Thanks given by:
/accuracy 1
Thanks given by:
Good lord, what else have I missed.
Thanks given by:
Kirin deserves the thanks for this work.
Thanks given by:
Only problems with it as of now is it overlaps with spectator info and doesn't list grenade accuracy. Otherwise I like it very much. I'll probably modify mine to list headshots and scope/no scope shots.
Thanks given by:
Insta-CTF :]
Thanks given by:
I dont think Insta-CTF should be incorporated into AC. I like it and all, but doesn't seem to fit.
Thanks given by:
How would you calculate nade accuracy? Maybe something like
(damage done) / ((nades thrown) * 200) ?
Thanks given by:
remember that laser with a bomb on it in duke nukem? where u could see the red laser but if u crossed it the thing went off. i think somthing like that would be fun to allow players to close down certain hallways and what not making for interesting and new game play on old maps...

the same type of idea could be done with an automated gun you can set up that will kill anything that comes thru an area...
Thanks given by:
lol. After not having played in some months and having experienced many other FPS games, the gameplay is still solid. Weapon balancing remains the main issue, more or less with regards to the sniper rifle. The scoping still feels unnatural, or at least one feels a bit of trepidation when using it.

Pre-set binds / binding menu would be nice
Thanks given by:
(22 Oct 10, 07:15AM)DES|V-Man Wrote: How would you calculate nade accuracy? Maybe something like

The same way you calculate accuracy for any other weapon; hits/shots. The formula you posted would be more of an efficiency formula.
Thanks given by:
So any damage done at all would count as a hit?
Thanks given by:
If the grenade hits, it's a hit. It's the same as if different parts of the body received varying amounts of damage per bullet. SMG might hit 14 in the torso, 10 in the leg, 12 in the arm, but the accuracy will always be hits/shots.

If you wanted to combine the grenade accuracy(hits/shots) with efficiency((damage/shots * 200)) you could come up with an overall skill value.
Thanks given by:
Nade accuracy could actually be computed a little more detailed: there are several levels of splash damage done, depending on how close the nade explodes to the target.
Thanks given by:
(22 Oct 10, 07:15AM)DES|V-Man Wrote: How would you calculate nade accuracy? Maybe something like
yes, I think that's the best way
Thanks given by:
Maybe /whois should send extra informations (AC version, tks, ping) ?
Thanks given by:
There are servers out there that display tks and average ping upon whois. I'd like to see tks displayed on the scoreboard.
Thanks given by:
(23 Oct 10, 05:28PM)Mael Wrote: There are servers out there that display tks and average ping upon whois. I'd like to see tks displayed on the scoreboard.

tks on scoreboard is useless imho as long as it will be "0", or "1" in most of the cases.
But extra information (like AC version and AC build type) could be sent with whois...
It could be an "identity card" of a player, with more informations.
Thanks given by:
(21 Jun 10, 11:47PM)iOD|Habluka Wrote:
(21 Jun 10, 11:14PM)Dreamer Wrote: I think a one shot one kill 'styled' mode, but using carbines instead of snipers, would be pretty cool. carbines need their own mode :)

This somehow sounds a lot like a certain mode in Sauerbraten.

This is, it is "instagib" and it is a weird model of the Barret 50; not carbines. It is very alike but, it still is different. I also agree that it seems like a good idea.
Thanks given by:
I found extra info with whois to be sort of spammy -- A&D servers had a mod that showed TKs -- It made it more difficult to quickly glance at IP addresses mid-match.

Although, I do like the idea of being able to access other information. Just not in the same command as whois.
Thanks given by:
Quote:- capture the chicken mode? other different DM modes? domination? holy wars?
Thanks given by:
I do not know if this is the right place, but what i do like to see is a mp_toujane rebuild for assault cube. It was my favourite in all of the COD series
Thanks given by:
What's the reasoning behind texreduce -1? Why is it a -1 instead of a positive value like the others? Also, for those who really need to optimize their settings to play, couldn't hardcoding monochrome textures to take the place of the defaults help? Hardcoded geometry is faster than reading a file so I imagine the same is true for textures. /texreduce -1 is damn near monochrome as it is.
Thanks given by:
Something else that can be done to reduce lag is to turn off all the blood and gibs because those are just extra entities that it needs to keep track of.
Thanks given by:
HI.
i like ac because of its simplicity, I have some ideas for the game, I think it would spoil the simplicity.

ideas:
I like to see more weapons and diferent weapons for each team (weapons skins, or, very similar weapons like wolfet), the weapons will have different styles(modern AR like fnfal vs wood AR like ak B.A.R)

the new guns:
----------------------------------------------
Primary weapons

2x pistol for "primary weapons"(Current one is very powerful, I suggest something more balanced, like FEAR 2x pistols).

hmg > good damange, low fire rate and kickback, good to suport in long range(useful in ctf od defend spam point), 30 ammo?

rocket launcher > anti camper weapon, It is the only primary weapon in the game that fires a slow moving projectile rather than an instant hit bullet. It is also the only primary weapon in the game that causes area of effect damage(low damage radius compared to granades).

heavy sniper rifle> bolt action rifle, Rate of Fire: Slow, Very high damage,Slow Fire Rate and reaload

minigun > new super weapon(replace 2x pistol)regular damange, good fire rate, high kickback, another suport gun, but, good in close range and suport in ctf, 80 ammo? you can use it in ctf to run with the flag or in jumps.

secundary weapons:
2 pistols: rapid x power

rapid pistol> The rapid pistol is weaker than the other choice, the power pistol, but you have slightly more than double the rounds of the power pistol. good in close range

power pistol> The power pistol's clip contains 7 .50 AE rounds. These rounds are stronger than the rapid pistol. good in long range

single-shot Encore pistol > like a carbine(damage), but, one shot, good for long range and suport, Reload: Slow.

Sawed-Off Shotgun> one shot, one kill(close range), good in close range, much spread,# Primary Fire: Single shot
# Secondary Fire: Double shot (both barrels), Reload: Slow.

melee weapons> knife, machate and chainsaw.
knife>There are two modes of attacking with the knife; Slash and Throw, the mos balanced melle weapon.
machate> more range/damage and low fire rate, you can only use Slash.

chainsaw > nice rate of fire, but, high pushback, good in close quarters.

---
others ideas, add other model, any of a soldier who does not use gas mask(or modify the current model and add the modified version in the next versions).

-weapons release shells
-improve effects(bullets collision, blood, sounds..)
Thanks given by:
Hit sounds don't seem to play for each hit when firing an automatic weapon like the SMG. Often out of 10 hits, 7 will make a sound. Are hit sounds only played once the client receives information from the server confirming the hit? Clients automatically make blood when a bullet hits without confirmation from the server so why shouldn't hit sounds do the same?

On a similar note, does /accuracy 1 rely on the server to tell you which bullets hit and which don't? If so then a lagging opponent could result in many false negatives; Player A fires at lagging Player B. Player A's aim is just right but due to Player B's poor connection Player A is not aware B is already dead. So Player A is firing at a non-existent target for which he should still be awarded accuracy. He is aiming properly after all.

On another similar note, firing on your teamates shouldn't increase your accuracy.
Thanks given by:
@ Mael: As far as I know the accuracy feature isn't server side. I noticed this while I was once lagging and everyone froze, but I kept shooting people and it showed as good hits, so I think it's more that your own client detects it.

I agree with your other point; shooting teammates shouldn't increase accuracy. If someone is having a bad day and their accuracy sucked, I bet there would be people that would just do some friendly fire and get it up.

Thanks given by:
just looking at the blacklist thread, there are a lot of tag abuser. (like D**K Clan). so why cant we have a account system in AssaultCube. i know that is gonna make the game bigger, but that can prevent those tag abuser better than nicknameblacklist. like somehow connect this forum to the game, so if you are registered on the forum, you then can play the game. (hey, if the dev can do this, then we can have 1 ladder with accury scores on the ac forum.)
Thanks given by:
Instant feedback on map quality during editing mode; this way, if something is changed that pushes the map outside the limits of acceptability, the editor immediately knows.
Edit: If not instant feedback, perhaps make a new command that checks it and then provides the feedback.
Thanks given by:
Is there any special command for quick voting survivor and team survivor?
I mean commands as /ctf ac_Y, /tdm ac_X ...
If not my idea is: teamsurvivor - /ts and survivor /s
Thanks given by: