Ideas
(04 May 13, 02:18PM)Xenon Wrote: no cleaner, he was requesting a mode where everyone but cheaters has this, not just you.
FYP
Thanks given by:
stop trolling dickhead

pm me on ts3, it's quite simple, it's clear your hate is of the utmost towards me and you are a dev. you look like a retard doing this 24/7 to all posts i make
Thanks given by:
Well, I think my idea has some merits. It would probably teach some players to approach the game more tactically, instead of just charging into the fray. I don't think it's too hard to implement, seeing how it mostly involves removing code than coding some. Maybe a few test runs could prove if it's fun or not.

Another idea that comes to mind is to make footstep sounds different depending on what surface the player is walking.
Thanks given by:
(04 May 13, 07:14PM)RKTnoob Wrote: Another idea that comes to mind is to make footstep sounds different depending on what surface the player is walking.
This is an awesome idea!
Thanks given by:
It's a good idea yeah, but a lot of players play with their own footsteps disabled anyway. Why not increase the volume/radius of footstep noises by nearby players first, both friendly and enemy, then have it so that different textures give different footstep sounds.

For the default textures, the devs can assign those sounds and with custom textures, you can assign your own and upload it with the rest of your map package (or use one of the sounds that would come with AC).

EDIT: Actually, increasing the footstep volume/radius is going to end up supporting campers, and slow the pace of the game. Ignore that.
Thanks given by:
(04 May 13, 05:50PM)Xenon Wrote: stop trolling dickhead

pm me on ts3, it's quite simple, it's clear your hate is of the utmost towards me and you are a dev. you look like a retard doing this 24/7 to all posts i make

something wrong with jokes ?
I was not targeting at you and such a gamemode would be quite easy to cheat (and that couldn't be detected).
I've never edited your post by the way.
Oh and stop with insults. Like when you're stupidly calling devs lazy.

EDIT: fixed, TheNihilanth :P
Thanks given by:
(04 May 13, 09:38PM)Xenon Wrote:
(04 May 13, 09:32PM)Luc@s Wrote: i am sorry xenon, my bad. If i do not intend to flame you xenon, i will not bold the parts which clearly would make you mad.
FYP
wtf is wrong with you ? bold = means it's the part i changed... *facepalm*
Thanks given by:
Is an AC (singleplayer?) RPG mode feasible at this time? I think it's been brought up a couple times before.
Thanks given by:
(04 May 13, 09:32PM)Luc@s Wrote: I wasn't not targeting at you and such a gamemode would be quite easy to cheat (and that couldn't be detected).
Though that applies to every single gamemode anyway. In CTF someone could cheat and enable the radar to also recognize enemies, or in SURV someone could also cheat and make it so they can see the other players' HP. No one would notice with any of these, I guess this one of the disadvantages of open source, so when adding a new gamemode I think we shouldn't focus on how easy it would be to cheat with it, but whether it'd serve a purpose in the game and/or create an interesting and new way to play the game.
Thanks given by:
(04 May 13, 09:44PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote:
(04 May 13, 09:32PM)Luc@s Wrote: I wasn't not targeting at you and such a gamemode would be quite easy to cheat (and that couldn't be detected).
Though that applies to every single gamemode anyway. In CTF someone could cheat and enable the radar to also recognize enemies, or in SURV someone could also cheat and make it so they can see the other players' HP. No one would notice with any of these, I guess this one of the disadvantages of open source, so when adding a new gamemode I think we shouldn't focus on how easy it would be to cheat with it, but whether it'd serve a purpose in the game and/or create an interesting and new way to play the game.

I know, it was discussed already (the fact we shouldn't care about possible cheating).
But in this case the only difference of this gamemode is minor and can be cheated and there would be no way to detect it.

(wallhack, for example, is something different, as we could try to prevent wallhack by not-sending "hidden" players' location.)
Thanks given by:
(04 May 13, 08:17PM)Aekom Wrote: It's a good idea yeah, but a lot of players play with their own footsteps disabled anyway. Why not increase the volume/radius of footstep noises by nearby players first, both friendly and enemy, then have it so that different textures give different footstep sounds.

For the default textures, the devs can assign those sounds and with custom textures, you can assign your own and upload it with the rest of your map package (or use one of the sounds that would come with AC).

EDIT: Actually, increasing the footstep volume/radius is going to end up supporting campers, and slow the pace of the game. Ignore that.

Yeah, I meant the sounds to be used so you can listen to other players walking. Yeah, it can support camping, but I don't see the problem. Camping is a tactic like any other. Staying put so the other players know where you are is an invitation to getting knifed or gibbed, so go ahead - camp.

I don't even see why do people gripe so much against it, as everyone does it. Making a round through the same ammo, health and armor pickups while killing enemies is a camper tactic too. ^_^
Thanks given by:
have footsteps been reworked?
Thanks given by:
(05 May 13, 09:00AM)RKTnoob Wrote: Yeah, I meant the sounds to be used so you can listen to other players walking. Yeah, it can support camping, but I don't see the problem. Camping is a tactic like any other. Staying put so the other players know where you are is an invitation to getting knifed or gibbed, so go ahead - camp.

I don't even see why do people gripe so much against it, as everyone does it. Making a round through the same ammo, health and armor pickups while killing enemies is a camper tactic too. ^_^

Atm, without footsteps and with fast paced movement, you're able to counter the campers quick enough. Give them the ability to hear you approaching and you're going to find yourself getting splattered more often.

Btw, I'm not talking about the people who use it as a genuine tactic to stand behind crates for several seconds to head glitch etc, I'm talking about full-fledged campers who'll sit in the corners all game.

You can be sure that if you increase the volume of footsteps, and nerf the shotgun (which has already been done), you'll find a lot more campers in pub games.

But I'm open to testing it out if there's interest from the devs. I just personally don't think it'll improve the gameplay.
Thanks given by:
If you get caught cheating you automatically turn into a rat (a 3d model rat) without being able to jump, with no weapon, no knife no nothing. Just being able to roam (like a filthy rat)
The other players can kill the rat of course, and this doesn't count as a team kill nor in the score. Should emit a rat sound. The size of the rat shuold be just barely noticeable so the rat dont get much attention and disturbes the gameplay.
Take the new york subway's rat as an example of how disgusting should the 3d model be.
Thanks given by:
Great idea. +1
Thanks given by:
(08 May 13, 04:15AM)TheNihilanth Wrote: Rat
^Genius. Though if a rat is not to your liking, you could have it so that the player connects with no weapon, nor the ability to move (removing the possibility of collecting armor or nades). Would be interesting.
Thanks given by:

I have a rat model in my WIP, I need to see about animations... It's already animated (the tail swings) but it's static, I mean that I dunno yet how it will react if you swap it with a playermodel (crouch/jump/ladders should surely be disabled).
Thanks given by:
(08 May 13, 09:43AM)Cleaner Wrote: (crouch/jump/ladders should surely be disabled).

Agree.
Thanks given by:
(08 May 13, 09:43AM)Cleaner Wrote:

I have a rat model in my WIP, I need to see about animations... It's already animated (the tail swings) but it's static, I mean that I dunno yet how it will react if you swap it with a playermodel (crouch/jump/ladders should surely be disabled).

Well I think just the idle and walking animations are enough. If you ever finishes the model please shared it, I could try to workout a 'proof of concept' in game (coding it i'm not that good at media). Also a WIP screenshot of the rat would be cool to see, hahaha ;)

Yeah crouching/climbing ladders should be disabled too, although I was told some rats can literally climb a building and ladders as well.

Meet us at #infamous in gamesourge if you wanna participate in some way.
Thanks given by:
Idk if this was suggested yet or not, but how about a feature that allows you to rotate certain mapmodels in coop mode?

EDIT: Post was redundant
Thanks given by:
...can't you already do that?
Thanks given by:
(21 May 13, 07:02PM)PhaNtom Wrote: ...can't you already do that?

Buggy just told me you could in svn, therefore my post was pointless. :I
Thanks given by:
I'm bored to getting intentionally teamkilled in public, it can be fine to disable that in public only ( mastermode 0)? In addition, it can be funny in CW.

Idk if someone wrote it but i didn't want to read 68pages :)
Thanks given by:
Some GEMA servers are using mods like that (all kills disabled) but as official feature Teamkills could it be intentional or not is a part of the gameplay and has little chances to be ever removed.
Thanks given by:
It's relatively easy to write. But unfortunately it's gameplay altering so you can't have your server on the master list. (only with mod connect whereby you won't have lots of players)
Thanks given by:
it was discussed many times, and my opinion didn't change : as cleaner said, teamkilling is part of the gameplay.
Thanks given by:
(01 Jun 13, 08:38PM)Luc@s Wrote: teamkilling is part of the gameplay.

You meant friendly fire right? Otherwise that'd be a bit worrying. lol
Thanks given by:
is it really different ? sometimes you can make a teamkill by mistake and lose a flag because of that. and it brings something to the gameplay. you need to be careful...
Thanks given by:
And what about those teammates snipers/campers blocking a doorway? Do I care spreading they guts all over walls and floor? No sir! Pardon me I'm on a mission, I got a flag to go grab... Collateral damages is what I call it.
Thanks given by:
(01 Jun 13, 10:46PM)Cleaner Wrote: And what about those teammates snipers/campers blocking a doorway? Do I care spreading they guts all over walls and floor?
+1, in every game we can see this problem...
And if we remove the teamkill, we have less work to report these intentional teamkiller.
Thanks given by: