Ideas
(05 Apr 13, 05:18PM)EndGame Wrote:
(05 Apr 13, 08:53AM)Xenon Wrote:
(05 Apr 13, 01:56AM)BigGunZ Wrote:
(03 Apr 13, 06:10PM)Mael Wrote: Remove frags, deaths, and score from all Flag modes. Make it 100% about the flagging objective. Tied flags? Tied game.

Agree 100%
Thanks given by:
(05 Apr 13, 11:10PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote:
(05 Apr 13, 05:18PM)EndGame Wrote:
(05 Apr 13, 08:53AM)Xenon Wrote:
(05 Apr 13, 01:56AM)BigGunZ Wrote:
(03 Apr 13, 06:10PM)Mael Wrote: Remove frags, deaths, and score from all Flag modes. Make it 100% about the flagging objective. Tied flags? Tied game.

Agree 100%
Agree 1337%
Thanks given by:
You guys should really read the changelog sometimes, the scoreboard will be customizable and at the end of a game, the winning player/team name will be displayed. In flag modes, if there is a flagscore equality, it will be written "It's a tie".
Thanks given by:
Monthly Update threads in the dev blog section could be useful for lazy players who don't want to go on a treasure hunt on sourceforge looking for changelogs/updates. Shows non-players that the game is active and worth downloading.
Thanks given by:
Copied from another thread, I decided to post this here for better exposure.

I have a suggestion. Two as a matter of fact.
1) I have been looking for someone to make a ghost mode that locks onto a certain player, in third person, with a rotating axis. (According to TheNihilanth, this is called "trackball".)
2) Integration of demo (play, pause, rewind, ff) control. (the demo rewind utility by V-Man and GenDisarray no longer works.)
Thanks given by:
(06 Apr 13, 12:50PM)Luc@s Wrote: You guys should really read the changelog sometimes, the scoreboard will be customizable and at the end of a game, the winning player/team name will be displayed. In flag modes, if there is a flagscore equality, it will be written "It's a tie".

sudden deathhhhhhhhhhh!

also boomhauer's suggestions are class
Thanks given by:
(06 Apr 13, 10:03PM)Boomhauer Wrote: Copied from another thread, I decided to post this here for better exposure.

I have a suggestion. Two as a matter of fact.
1) I have been looking for someone to make a ghost mode that locks onto a certain player, in third person, with a rotating axis. (According to TheNihilanth, this is called "trackball".)
2) Integration of demo (play, pause, rewind, ff) control. (the demo rewind utility by V-Man and GenDisarray no longer works.)

This smells of machinma.
Thanks given by:
About the demo control, it could be amazing!
Thanks given by:
That would kill AC's audience.
EDIT: @Scoreboard thing
Thanks given by:
(07 Apr 13, 01:15PM)Orynge Wrote: That would kill AC's audience.
EDIT: @Scoreboard thing
It hasn't killed Sauer's audience.

Unless Sauer has a different audience?
Thanks given by:
What about making the "bot survival" mod multiplayer ?
Thanks given by:
Maybe some extra score points for your teammate that kills the person shooting at you while you are holding flag? If you know what i mean:D
Thanks given by:
(24 Apr 13, 12:04AM)|HP| Wrote: Maybe some extra score points for your teammate that kills the person shooting at you while you are holding flag? If you know what i mean:D

It is the current behavior.

http://forum.cubers.net/thread-464.html
Thanks given by:
It would be nice to have all players visible on the minimap and alt-map during demos, whether spectating a specific player or free spectating.
Thanks given by:
(24 Apr 13, 01:14AM)Luc@s Wrote:
(24 Apr 13, 12:04AM)|HP| Wrote: Maybe some extra score points for your teammate that kills the person shooting at you while you are holding flag? If you know what i mean:D

It is the current behavior.

http://forum.cubers.net/thread-464.html

cool didnt notice
Thanks given by:
(24 Apr 13, 01:23AM)blueberry Wrote: It would be nice to have all players visible on the minimap and alt-map during demos, whether spectating a specific player or free spectating.
That has been mentioned a long time ago, and still I agree the devs should consider this. Way easier and more handy than having to change between players from different teams to know where each player is on the map.
Thanks given by:
/spectatemode 6 does something similar^^
Thanks given by:
When the mastermode is 0, let there be an automatic shuffle after the intermission (server owners can disable this if they wish to though). In my opinion, teams shouldn't be able to shuffle during the game (what's the point of having a great team and playing so great together just to then be shuffled into the losing side), and only get someone with admin shuffle. Forceteam should be allowed by vote in the middle of a game though, people don't use them that much anyway.
Thanks given by:
Definately Wolf!
Thanks given by:
(25 Apr 13, 02:46AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote:
(24 Apr 13, 01:23AM)blueberry Wrote: It would be nice to have all players visible on the minimap and alt-map during demos, whether spectating a specific player or free spectating.
That has been mentioned a long time ago, and still I agree the devs should consider this. Way easier and more handy than having to change between players from different teams to know where each player is on the map.

I would like to see that idea implemented too

(25 Apr 13, 04:04AM)PhaNtom Wrote: /spectatemode 6 does something similar^^

What it does exactly?

(25 Apr 13, 10:54PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: When the mastermode is 0, let there be an automatic shuffle after the intermission (server owners can disable this if they wish to though). In my opinion, teams shouldn't be able to shuffle during the game (what's the point of having a great team and playing so great together just to then be shuffled into the losing side), and only get someone with admin shuffle. Forceteam should be allowed by vote in the middle of a game though, people don't use them that much anyway.

I like to have forceteam tbh, not to move others but myself, makes things easier when there's not an admin around, specially when shuffle team makes a whole mess when you just want a slight change sometimes.
Thanks given by:
Stranz Wrote:What it does exactly?

Show's a preview of the entire map with the players and all.
Thanks given by:
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-6685-post...#pid127598
Thanks given by:
(26 Apr 13, 02:25PM)Marti Wrote: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-6685-post...#pid127598

Thank you admin : )

I was looking for this "Ideas" thread and didn't know it was under Mapping and Modding *forum noob >.>*
Thanks given by:
How about a "realistic" mode? No minimap, no radar, your ammo isn't shown, no cross-hair, no announcements if your flag is taken, dropped etc, your health isn't shown. Or if it is, only roughly.
Thanks given by:
Ever heard of game settings?
Thanks given by:
no cleaner, he was requesting a mode where everyone has this, not just you.
Thanks given by:
Pretty pointless imho.

What's about a shotgun fest mode, basicly an LSS or PF with shotguns only.... :D
Thanks given by:
(04 May 13, 10:44AM)RKTnoob Wrote: How about a "realistic" mode? No minimap, no radar, your ammo isn't shown, no cross-hair, no announcements if your flag is taken, dropped etc, your health isn't shown. Or if it is, only roughly.

This freaked me out in Call of Duty for the first few games!
Thanks given by:
(04 May 13, 10:44AM)RKTnoob Wrote: ...no cross-hair...

Hmm, that's pretty tough if the guns don't come with iron sights zoom, like in CoD. People'll end up doing that Blu-Tack trick or use a cs crosshair script anyway.

I like the idea though. Remove the health HUD but have the heartbeat sound on by default during this mode.
Thanks given by:
(04 May 13, 02:54PM)Nightmare Wrote:
(04 May 13, 10:44AM)RKTnoob Wrote: How about a "realistic" mode? No minimap, no radar, your ammo isn't shown, no cross-hair, no announcements if your flag is taken, dropped etc, your health isn't shown. Or if it is, only roughly.

This freaked me out in Call of Duty for the first few games!
The game would have no point.
Thanks given by: