Ideas
A series of very small radius lights around the model?
Thanks given by:
I think I had made this suggestion to have a light value for models, actually, and have them not affected by lights.

Speaking of lights, I really think it'd be awesome if they had values similar to clips, so the size of a clip can be the size of the room with a constant blend around it, rather than having to implement several lights and having patchy floors/walls. This'd probably also make the blending of differences in lights better.
Thanks given by:
(31 Jul 12, 10:19PM)Mael Wrote: You already have the option to pause the game. There's no need to set a time limit. We'll just be arguing over what the limit should be then.

There was substantial debate over the afk-kick timer. I imagine a game-ending timer would be more divisive.

In terms of embedding this into my idea, how about a Quake-esque respawn function? In Quake, there is a warm up session before a game starts(and a game only starts if all players are ready). Once all players are ready, everyone respawns again. With the stoppage time, when the disconnecting client returns, there could be a "5... 4... 3... 2... 1..." and then everyone respawns again, rather than pausing the game? Of course whilst the client is gone you can still move around and shoot, but it would be wise to stop the possibility of any frags/flag pickups being accumulated during the disconnect time. :)
Thanks given by:
It'd be great if the angles for the floor/ceiling corners were calculated independently of each other. Too often I try to put corners on the floor to find geometry on the ceiling screw it up.

I know the code for the angle, but I can't seem to isolate the code for drawing the top wall and lower wall to make separate functions and be done with it.
Thanks given by:
I already know the command
/ignore cn

but I would like to see some other commands like that :
/ignorecla
/ignorervsf
/ignoreall

When I play on public servers under alias, I do not want to read the noob spam. I just want to focus on frag's logs. So an /ignoreall command would be useful. The Gsf client was really good because talk was not display in logs but do not always use this client (sometimes change to ACWC client...)
eg : [Image: 20120721.jpg]

And /ignorecla and /ingorervsf would be useful in matchs/inter
Thanks given by:
(22 Aug 12, 01:23PM)Edward Wrote: but I would like to see some other commands like that :
/ignorecla
/ignorervsf
/ignoreall

http://forum.cubers.net/thread-5743-post...#pid106257
Thanks given by:
A penalty system for disconnecting players.
Don´t permit players to spawn when teams are uneven.
Benching one random dead player when this happens (uneven teams) .
!login system with passwords for players before the stats info is sent, or even before spawn.
Obviously this is for ladder servers only.
Obviously this affects greatly the quality of those servers.
Thanks given by:
Maybe avoid dead players to go spectate mode and then to their team to avoid the 5 second waiting, I find this quite annoying and not fair play.

Players like Jg99 do this very often.
Thanks given by:
(23 Aug 12, 11:16PM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: A penalty system for disconnecting players.
!login system with passwords for players before the stats info is sent, or even before spawn.
Obviously this is for ladder servers only.
Obviously this affects greatly the quality of those servers.
1. What do you mean penalty system? Players have to d/c eventually, so you're basically saying to penalize players for not playing?
2. Not a bad idea, would be cool to see other opinions.
3. Don't like this one really, I mean, you launch the game to play the game, not to suddenly get benched by the server while playing cause teams are uneven, that'll just make new players get frustrated with the game and leave. If your second idea would be used this wouldn't be a problem since there will most likely be at least 1 benched player waiting.
4. I believe that has been implemented for the next version.

@jackrock: I've seen several players do that too, a simply 5-10 second waiting penalty for going to spectator mode would solve this.
Thanks given by:
(23 Aug 12, 11:54PM)jAcKRoCk* Wrote: Players like Jg99 do this very often.
Players like jg99 are f*****g i*****s who should wait their 5 second spawn time. They are overusing a gema "feature", where 5 second penalization has no purpose.
Sorry if I sound angry or like an ass, but I am, both.
Jackrock, when you see jg or any other n00b doing this, call a vote to ban them, save the demo, get a screenshot, and send those to me so I can fill in a blacklist report.
And I tell you, the 5 second wait is there for a reason! Because, if I could spawn immediately on base whenever I want then whats the ***** point.

@Wolf, listen, the penalty system is applied for people who disc from ladder servers, and then they try to connect immediately or with very little time difference to another server. This would prevent leavers, laggers (sorry, not my fault if you lag), and alike. If you are playing in a ladder server, its common sense that you should end the match you begun, even if the opposite team is destroying you.
Im tired of trying to balance teams by benching myself from a, lets say, 25 frags difference winning team, to see how then even more people from losers team disc, the server rearranges, and eventually no balance will have been established and everyone will leave.
Anybody that has played on any ladder server knows this, its an issue and somehow it must be solved, even if at first people dont get it, in the long run, its better for everyone (IMHO).

I like that you like my "second" idea", and also would like to hear more opinions about this!

About the "third", yes, it would suck, but there are many times an uneven number of players are playing for long periods of time. Maybe, a "follow" mode could be implemented, so that each player has to sit for 1 death at a time, or something, spectating teh player that will give them their position, so you see when they die and know when you are going to spawn, you know what I mean?
And, about new players being thrown away, it wouldnt be an issue, cause those players would have to !login, which would mean they will know what they are doing and where they are connecting; maybe a little rule handbook could be accessible when connecting to these kind of servers, which, if a server "tab" organization system would be implemented (to differentiate from gema servers, ladder, pubs...), I dont think it would be too difficult to have.

In the matter of a !login system, it would be nice if more knowledgeable players could explain if its usable to prevent spawning, like suggested.

Thanks for your input!
Thanks given by:
Lol, Jg99 is finally getting blacklisted for not waiting the 5 seconds in CTF and spamming both the forums and on the masterserver list due to hosting too many servers.
Thanks given by:
(23 Aug 12, 11:16PM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: A penalty system for disconnecting players.
- What "penalty" will this be?
- This could mean two things, not letting people join or not letting players respawn. Either way, wat? Not letting people join will make sure no-one new gets on the bad team, therefore it will stay uneven. If it's the other one, what, will the server just die as players disconnect when they can't play?
- No, forcing people to spectate is not going to fix anything.
- It's coming.

I don't know why people are coming up with these random work-arounds so autoteam wouldn't need to be in the next version. All that needs to happen is that the autoteam code has to be fixed.
Thanks given by:
My suggestion :

-Crosshair for sniper
I think it is stupid hidding the crosshair of sniper .A client game modified allow to see the crosshair and it's invisible .

-Improved cubescript,more function ...

-Anti-cheat (speed hack)

-Rendre le jeu plus fluide .Il n'est pas rare de voir des bugs quand on tire assault rifle ,le crosshair qui va de haut en bas ou qui se bloque bizarement ..

-When you drop ,allow to take the flag more fast

-
Thanks given by:
(24 Aug 12, 09:15AM)888 Wrote: -Crosshair for sniper
I think it is stupid hidding the crosshair of sniper .A client game modified allow to see the crosshair and it's invisible .

Yes, and you can also use a modified client to cheat, such as a speed hack. However, with an unmodified client, you cannot cheat as such. How do I know you are against cheating?

(24 Aug 12, 09:15AM)888 Wrote: -Anti-cheat (speed hack)
Thanks given by:
Bomber Ball mode like Red Eclipse. CTF would be like tosok then.
Thanks given by:
(22 Aug 12, 01:23PM)Edward Wrote: I already know the command
/ignore cn

but I would like to see some other commands like that :
/ignorecla
/ignorervsf
/ignoreall

When I play on public servers under alias, I do not want to read the noob spam. I just want to focus on frag's logs. So an /ignoreall command would be useful. The Gsf client was really good because talk was not display in logs but do not always use this client (sometimes change to ACWC client...)
eg : [Image: 20120721.jpg]

And /ignorecla and /ingorervsf would be useful in matchs/inter

You could make a script...
Can't fully remember cubescript syntax and whatnot but simply
[cubescript]alias ignoreall [ ignore 1; ignore 2; ignore 3; ignore 4; ignore 5; ignore 6; ignore 7; ignore 8; ignore 9; ignore 10; ignore 11; ignore 12; ignore 13; ignore 14; ignore 15; ignore 16; ignore 17; ignore 18; ignore 19; ignore 20; echo "All players are now being ignored" ] [/cubescript]
That could work?

Edit: Just saw your thread http://forum.cubers.net/thread-5743.html
Thanks given by:
yeah GDM made it :
alias ignore_all [
  loop i 20 [
      ignore $i;
  ]
]
But I will have to wait next version to use /ignore cla and /ignore rvsf

(24 Aug 12, 09:15AM)888 Wrote: -Crosshair for sniper
The sniper is not the carbine. It would be to easy to handle with a crosshair and sniper would be too OP.

(24 Aug 12, 09:15AM)888 Wrote: -Anti-cheat (speed hack)
It works.

(24 Aug 12, 09:15AM)888 Wrote: -Rendre le jeu plus fluide .Il n'est pas rare de voir des bugs quand on tire assault rifle ,le crosshair qui va de haut en bas ou qui se bloque bizarement ..
C'est le recul de l'arme. Il faut apprendre à le gérer. L'AR n'est pas l'arme qui possède le recul le plus important pourtant, c'est la smg et c'est tout à fait gérable. Après quand tu dis "qui se bloque", tu parles de quoi? C'est peut être lié à ta souris.

(24 Aug 12, 09:15AM)888 Wrote: -When you drop ,allow to take the flag more fast
Hell yes !!
Thanks given by:
(24 Aug 12, 01:50PM)Edward Wrote: But I will have to wait next version to use /ignore cla and /ignore rvsf

You are not obliged to wait. You can try to make the script coded by Bukz compatible with the current AC version if you want :

[cubescript]const ignoreteam [
if (curmodeattr team) [
_arg1 = (toupper $arg1)
if (|| (strcmp $_arg1 CLA) (strcmp $_arg1 RVSF)) [
loop itl 21 [
if (isclient $itl) [
if (= (player $itl team) (at "0 1" (strcmp $_arg1 RVSF))) [ ignore $itl ]
]
]
] [
if (checkrange $_arg1 0 1) [
loop itl 21 [
if (isclient $itl) [
if (= (player $itl team) $_arg1) [ ignore $itl ]
]
]
]
]
] [ echo (red)Error: (white)Not in a team mode. ]
]
const ignoreenemy [ ignoreteam (at "0 1" (! (player1 team))) ][/cubescript]
Thanks given by:
A AC 1104 compatible version of /ignoreteam & /ignoreenemy:

[cubescript]ignoreteam = [
if (curmodeattr team) [
if (|| (= $arg1 0) (= $arg1 1)) [
_arg1 = $arg1
loop itl 21 [
if (! (strcmp (findpn $itl) "")) [
if (= (at (pstat_score $itl) 4) $_arg1) [ ignore $itl ]
]
]
]
]
]
ignoreenemy = [ ignoreteam (at "0 1" (! (at (pstat_score (findcn $curname)) 4))) ][/cubescript]

[cubescript]/ignoreteam 0 // ignores team CLA[/cubescript]
[cubescript]/ignoreteam 1 // ignores team RVSF[/cubescript]
[cubescript]/ignoreenemy // ignores the enemy team[/cubescript]
Thanks given by:
oO ok. ty guys thats awesome
Thanks given by:
Change OSOK to instant respawn, to make the mode faster and less boring.
Thanks given by:
(24 Aug 12, 08:12AM)Orynge Wrote:
- This could mean two things, not letting people join or not letting players respawn. Either way, wat? Not letting people join will make sure no-one new gets on the bad team, therefore it will stay uneven. If it's the other one, what, will the server just die as players disconnect when they can't play?
- No, forcing people to spectate is not going to fix anything.
- It's coming.

I don't know why people are coming up with these random work-arounds so autoteam wouldn't need to be in the next version. All that needs to happen is that the autoteam code has to be fixed.
Sorry brother but I think you didnt get the point at all.
- First, this is for ladder servers.
- Second, it aint random at all, it is well thought and tries to give something that the game is lacking, control over the players.
The penalty would be not letting connect for the next four minutes to ANY server, if a player leaves a ladder game before it ends. As that player would have had to !login to play in that server, he/she/it will be fully aware of the fact that disconnecting will bring that penalty, so no rage can occur.
- Third, if players arent allowed to connect when teams are uneven (odd number of players), then the match will progress much better. When a new person connects, both are allowed to spawn.
- Fourth, forcing people to spectator does fix the unfairness of uneven teams due to leavers. Even if its at the cost of the enemy team, tell me whats the longest raid an average player can have, and if it would be such a pain to sit through that in order to spawn.
- Fifth, I asked if someone knows if a !login system could prevent a player to spawn if not logged.
And finally, thank you for your time, but you could have read my comment above yours to discern new points made.

@forum.cubers Cmon guys, dont be shy, let us/me/yourselves hear your thoughts, it doesnt sound like that a bad idea!
Thanks given by:
I think your ideas would lead to exactly the dreadful situation as it is in many contemporary commercial FPSs, where you have to wait endlessly just to play a game (until enough players have joined, "warmed up", etc.)
Thanks given by:
(24 Aug 12, 08:12AM)Orynge Wrote:

From connection to spawn should take 5 seconds.

(25 Aug 12, 07:51PM)tempest Wrote: I think your ideas would lead to exactly the dreadful situation as it is in many contemporary commercial FPSs, where you have to wait endlessly just to play a game (until enough players have joined, "warmed up", etc.)

I think 5 secs is a fair time to wait before playing.
Thanks given by:
I would enjoy my hits more if we get hit markers; when you are hitting a player, an 'x' like thing ( http://t2ak.roblox.com/9746e57f394d14c71c1496feed27d743 ) comes over your crosshair, like on Call Of Duty games and like on Sauerbraten.

:)
Thanks given by:
Enam may i suggest playing call of duty/sauer?

Combat pistol!!!
Thanks given by:
(25 Aug 12, 10:29PM)Billybob Wrote: I think 5 secs is a fair time to wait before playing.

I'm also for mandatory 5 second wait time for spawning players. The players can be spectating the other team right up until they spawn which gives them very up to date info.

(02 Sep 12, 11:43PM)Vermi Wrote: Enam may i suggest playing call of duty/sauer?

This is an overused response. Is there any reason why it wouldn't suit AC or is this just a knee-jerk response?
Thanks given by:
(02 Sep 12, 11:44PM)Roflcopter Wrote: This is an overused response. Is there any reason why it wouldn't suit AC or is this just a knee-jerk response?

I can't imagine it being something hard to include in the game and it would be another good way of knowing when you hit your targets. Maybe the devs could backport it from sauer.
Thanks given by:
(03 Sep 12, 07:38AM)Aekom Wrote: ...
Seeing as hitsound can trigger whenever you hit someone, it should be easy.
Thanks given by:
Its possible to script in the SVN right now using onHit.
Thanks given by: