Ideas
What is it even attempting to achieve?
Thanks given by:
(26 Jun 12, 11:21PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: tbh, that technique looks horrible.

(26 Jun 12, 11:56PM)Mael Wrote: What is it even attempting to achieve?

Are these two comments referring to Nightmare's ac_rattrap ss, or XRD's gif?
If it's the rattrap ceiling issue, can someone tell me what's wrong with it, as someone who doesn't map.
Thanks given by:
Well, the mapping technique. If you want different heights on buildings (from the outside), I'd suggest forgetting about it. You will always have the issue that it will just look like a facade. Remember that the skybox cubes still exist in those areas, which will make the buildings next to the one using the technique look different depending on where you stand.

Of course, I am slightly OCD.
Thanks given by:
And I am even more OCD than RR.

jamz, it's just that the skymap is lower at one point than another. Once you can see it in-game, it is just like 'ehhh'. Especially where it hits the one corner, very OCD-unfriendly to look at. You can see the height change in my screenshot, especially where the red & white squares are. He supposedly is trying to make that building seem lower than the rest by sticking a skymapped wall infront of it, as an illusion. Pulling the sky down like it's a blanket, to make a building seem slightly shorter. :3

* Nightmare goes to try this in real life.
Thanks given by:
That's what I thought it was but frankly I thought it such a stupid idea I didn't want to ask. I thought there must be something obvious I missed.
Thanks given by:
You can't even see that problem in regular mode. Even if it's a terrible technique, it's the ONLY one. That being said, if you look up on top of that dumpster.. (The one at the top left..) That looks bad, I guess.
Thanks given by:
Has it been discussed an "Assits" column in the tab menu? Thatd be fun!
Thanks given by:
(08 Jul 12, 06:04PM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: Has it been discussed an "Assits" column in the tab menu? Thatd be fun!

Like in TF2?
Thanks given by:
I like the idea of getting points for kill assists too.

Edit: and although a lot harder to code, maybe even points for flag assists. (in tktf, players who are actively defending the flag carrier would get points every time they score a flag, in ctf, those who stole/carried the flag would get points when a flag is scored, etc.)
Thanks given by:
Don't we already get points for "Defending the flag?" We could use whatever mechanism decides when we have defended the flag to award points.
Thanks given by:
In tktf I think it may already apply, but in ctf if you're not the one who scored the flag I don't think you get anything, even if you carried the flag 95% of the way back to the base.
Thanks given by:
Cool! In AC its very important to bleed the enemy and to carry tha flag but...
Quote:I like the idea of getting points for kill assists too.
Does that mean there could be an assist column? Like, when? XD
Thanks given by:
(08 Jul 12, 06:29PM)Bukz Wrote: In tktf I think it may already apply, but in ctf if you're not the one who scored the flag I don't think you get anything, even if you carried the flag 95% of the way back to the base.

I just care that my team gets the point ^_^
Thanks given by:
(08 Jul 12, 08:15PM)VenteX Wrote:
(08 Jul 12, 06:29PM)Bukz Wrote: In tktf I think it may already apply, but in ctf if you're not the one who scored the flag I don't think you get anything, even if you carried the flag 95% of the way back to the base.

I just care that my team gets the point ^_^
Your team gets benefitted more in the end anyway since not only the scorer gets score points but also the teammate that carried it most of the way.
Thanks given by:
If an invalid cn is given when kicking, do nothing and give the kicker a message instead of defaulting to 0.
Although this would require converting a string to int (an awful tragedy), I'm sure the benefit of not kicking poor old 0 would outweigh the stress of doing so.

Feel free to correct my uneducated smart-arsery :P
Thanks given by:
Its done.
Thanks given by:
All the stress was already taken, dont you love when great minds think the same?
Thanks given by:

perhaps the solution is to give points for the amount of time the flag is held like tktf, balancing it out and preventing holding by giving less points for the actual flag score after a certain period of holding it. idk thats a tough one.
Thanks given by:
If both flags are out, amount of time held. If a flag doesn't go missing, it is just a flat number that gets added to your score.
Thanks given by:
It'd be great to be able to heightfields for ceilings and floors at the same time.
Thanks given by:
Grenades that do less damage, and break on contact.
Thanks given by:
(20 Jul 12, 04:03PM)Cemer Wrote: Grenades that do less damage, and break on contact.

I guess if you were to toss it right at them it shouldn't be an insta-kill but like 20 damage delt to the victim for each nade.
Thanks given by:
http://imgur.com/b2Jgl,xfCOA,iD5A1,aUXLk...Y2,8Dmw9#0
Thanks given by:
(20 Jul 12, 09:17PM)Cemer Wrote: http://imgur.com/b2Jgl,xfCOA,iD5A1,aUXLk...Y2,8Dmw9#0

I love you. No, but seriously.. The grenades propelling off an enemies head really does my nut in. Surely that would hurt a bit.
Thanks given by:
being able to /newmap 7 /newmap 8 etc. on a server.
Thanks given by:
Would it be possible to add a rewind command that would work precisely like gamespeed, just that you can type /rewind 8 and would rewind with gamespeed 1000 to 8 minutes remaining. I know there is a workaround script, but it would be nice to have as an actual feature.
Thanks given by:
(25 Jul 12, 06:33PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: Would it be possible to add a rewind command that would work precisely like gamespeed, just that you can type /rewind 8 and would rewind with gamespeed 1000 to 8 minutes remaining. I know there is a workaround script, but it would be nice to have as an actual feature.

I believe I have also suggested this, and many people have before me. :)
Thanks given by:
(25 Jul 12, 06:19PM)Nightmare Wrote: being able to /newmap 7 /newmap 8 etc. on a server.

Wait. What? D: You can do this already, no?
Thanks given by:
You can rewind demos in SVN.
Thanks given by:
(25 Jul 12, 08:04PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: You can rewind demos in SVN.
Sexy.
Thanks given by: