How do I enable this for my server?
I want other ppl do be able to ban, send custom maps, and coop in my server. how do I enable?

P.S. I AM USING A MAC!!!
Thanks given by:
(24 Nov 10, 09:00PM)fox_ares Wrote: I want other ppl do be able to ban, send custom maps, and coop in my server. how do I enable?

P.S. I AM USING A MAC!!!

I can't help you there, but I have an awesome map for a server to take. Can I put it on your server?
Thanks given by:
(24 Nov 10, 09:17PM)KoOsH Wrote:
(24 Nov 10, 09:00PM)fox_ares Wrote: I want other ppl do be able to ban, send custom maps, and coop in my server. how do I enable?

P.S. I AM USING A MAC!!!

I can't help you there, but I have an awesome map for a server to take. Can I put it on your server?

I would let u, but my server wont accept maps, even if ur admin... but meet me in the Q-b r00t :: Coopedit server

STILL GUYS, I NEED HELP!!
(24 Nov 10, 09:17PM)KoOsH Wrote:

P.S. I AM USING A MAC!!!

nvm, meet me in the |FOX| Clan server
Thanks given by:
Read carefully: http://assault.cubers.net/docs/commandli...rverswitch

Next time, please read the docs (they are even in your game directory).
Thanks given by:
I STILL DONT UNDERSTAND!!!!
Thanks given by:
what dont you understand :/

n00b haha ;)
Thanks given by:
ugh, ok I have the -x(pass) in there, can someoen tell me all I type to let ppl ban, sendmaps, and coop?
Thanks given by:
Read the part about the -P switch and the -M switch in the server switches section,

ie
-P kbe means kick, ban and coop can be voted by non-admin
-P KBE means kick, ban and coop can only be voted by admin

also you will need to make a dir called incoming inside the /assaultcube/packages/maps/servermaps/ folder to receive the maps uploaded to the server.
Thanks given by:
OK, I got the ban, kick, and coop for ppl. but now I just dont understand how to let people send maps. here is wat I want:
sending maps (everyone), updating maps (admin), reverting maps (admin), and deleting maps (admin).
Thanks given by:
Use the -M switch for sendmap permissions, same scheme as the -P switch.
c is create a map
u is update a map
d is delete a map
You'll probably want -McuD
Thanks given by:
It still wont let me upload maps!!! >=( And there was already an "Incoming" folder in the "Servermaps" folder... >=(
Thanks given by:
Write here exactly what you typed for the commandline.
Thanks given by:
P.S. It wont even let me drag .cgz maps into the folders!!
Thanks given by:
Fix your read/write permissions!
Thanks given by:
(25 Nov 10, 12:08AM)Gibstick Wrote: Fix your read/write permissions!

HOW DO I DO THAT?!?!
Thanks given by:
Not familiar with Mac. There's probably a terminal command for that but I don't know it.
Thanks given by:
* V-Man shakes head
Macs may be easy to use, but they aren't easy to own.
Thanks given by:
So does anyone know how I can fix my read/write perms?
Thanks given by:
yup. superglue/duct tape :D

hold on this geek is looking into it :3
alright attempt this in terminal:
cd /Applications/Assaultcube.app/Contents/gamedata/packages/maps
sudo chmod -R 777 servermaps

try to sendmap now
Thanks given by:
Ok, the problem isn't read/write. I can tell you that.
Fox_Ares, tell us exactlly where you are putting these commandline options in. Is it in the launter? or servercmdline.txt? From experience, I have found that the options in the launcher doesn't work except for the -C switch (points the server to where it gets its commandline options). Tell us what your server log says when you try to send a map.
From looking at your last post, make sure that your serverpwd.cfg file looks like this:
n4v3Kin
39dlz3
3klnx
For the three passwords n4v3Kin, 39dlz3, and 3klnx.
I could do
Quote:/setadmin 1 n4v3Kin
to claim admin
Thanks given by:
On my mac, Im in the server tab, and I put them into the Advanced Options bar. The ban and coop mode for ppl to do works there, but just the maps wont be sent, and cant put them in a folder
Thanks given by:
also, he has no access to terminal so
(25 Nov 10, 01:18AM)JGAN Wrote:
cd /Applications/Assaultcube.app/Contents/gamedata/packages/maps
sudo chmod -R 777 servermaps
wont work :/

Thanks given by:
Put the options in servercmdline.txt
You really should know all this before hosting a server though.
To find servercmdline.txt, go to your AC app, right click (control click) and click "Show Package Contents" Then go to contents>gamedata>config>servercmdline.txt
If that doesn't make sense, then I'd seriously reconsider hosting a server. In that file, it is very well documented on the different switches, spend your time and set them up. Then go to serverpwd.cfg and add the passwords there. -x is outdated and really -X should be the only switch used (it points to a pwd file) although you dont need to set it if your using the default file.
Thanks given by:
dude im 12, could u plz EXPLAIN more!? (Im real smart for a 12 yr old, I will understand most u say)
Thanks given by:
As I said, if you dont under stand what I was saying, you probably shouldn't host a server. Did you get through the first part at least?
Thanks given by:
yup yup! found those Txt files
Thanks given by:
Oh :)
Good.
So inside those txt files its pretty well documented. Do you have the correct switches enabled?
Thanks given by:
"switch" refers to "command-line extension," the text in a batch or sh file that is added after telling the file to execute the client binary. For instance,
ac_server.exe -T
in this example, "-T" is the extension, or switch, which in this case causes the server to put time stamps on all logs.
The main page for the docs can be found here: http://assault.cubers.net/docs/
The documentation for command-line extensions can be found here: http://assault.cubers.net/docs/commandline.html
Thanks given by:
how do I enable them?
Thanks given by:
Just add it on a new line.
-T
-mcuD
Thanks given by: