Playing with my friends?
How do I host a game for my friends and I?
Thanks given by:
Join a server and play. If you are on the same network you can host a LAN server.
Hosting your own server is much more complicated. Each one of the servers you see on the list is independently run. It takes a lot of effort and it'd be easier if you just join an existing server (there are private ones too).
Thanks given by:
(29 Jun 10, 02:49PM)Gibstick Wrote: Join a server and play. If you are on the same network you can host a LAN server.
Hosting your own server is much more complicated. Each one of the servers you see on the list is independently run. It takes a lot of effort and it'd be easier if you just join an existing server (there are private ones too).

Private ones = Only my friends and I can play in the match with no disturbances?
Thanks given by:
Yes, just be sure to use the /mastermode 1 command. Look around for some BC match servers, their password is "match". A nice menu for some: http://akimbo.in/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=456
Thanks given by:
Tip: Pressing F3 on the server browser will allow you to search the available servers from the list for players that are currently playing.
Thanks given by:
You can host a LAN game by running the server.bat file (if using Windows). The server is a program like the client, except it hosts the game on the computer that runs it, while the clients connect to it. Once the server is running, you can find it by going to the main menu > Multiplayer > Join a LAN server.
It is highly recommended to modify server.bat with personalized settings. Read about them in your manual.
Thanks given by: