Change text colour
Just wondering, is there any way I can change the text colour in-game to another? Example, I'd like to have 'You fragged ______' come up in red instead of the yellow we have now.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out. :)
Thanks given by:
yes you can.

while ingame do

/changethetextcolor red

then after you do that, you have to jump 5 times, and shoot twice with the sniper rifle and it will be red ;D

your welcome
Thanks given by:
I don't get it. Why post that?
Thanks given by:
(22 Nov 10, 08:11AM)BrickSquad Wrote: yes you can.

while ingame do

/changethetextcolor red

then after you do that, you have to jump 5 times, and shoot twice with the sniper rifle and it will be red ;D

your welcome

(thumbsup) nice:)
Thanks given by:
(22 Nov 10, 08:11AM)BrickSquad Wrote: yes you can.

while ingame do

/changethetextcolor red

your welcome

holy crap it works :O
Thanks given by:
Here is something simuler to what your talking about, maybe you could mod it if its ok with Panda.
http://mysick.tk/index.php?site=forum_topic&topic=384
Thanks given by:
(22 Nov 10, 07:40AM)Cactus Wrote: Just wondering, is there any way I can change the text colour in-game to another? Example, I'd like to have 'You fragged ______' come up in red instead of the yellow we have now.

Yes, this could be changed very easily... in the source code.
Go grab the source, open clientgame.cpp and find these lines:
if(pl==player1) outf("\f2you were %s by teammate %s", death, aname);
if(pl==player1) outf("\f2you were %s by %s", death, aname);

... then change the number of the "\f" part to the appropriate colour you desire (see http://assault.cubers.net/docs/colouredtext.txt for numbers), compile, and viola.
Thanks given by:
(22 Nov 10, 02:05PM)RandumKiwi Wrote:
(22 Nov 10, 07:40AM)Cactus Wrote: Just wondering, is there any way I can change the text colour in-game to another? Example, I'd like to have 'You fragged ______' come up in red instead of the yellow we have now.

... then change the number of the "\f" part to the appropriate colour you desire (see http://assault.cubers.net/docs/colouredtext.txt for numbers), compile, and viola.
I sincerely hope that your post will not be used as an excuse for using a modified client :)
Thanks given by:
Oh noes, that's modified gameplay! Haxxor!
Thanks given by:
(22 Nov 10, 02:05PM)RandumKiwi Wrote:

viola?? , maybe VOILA:D?
Thanks given by:
I like violas.
Perhaps way too much.
Anyways, this is another thing I would like localized.
Thanks given by:
So I'm not allowed to do it...? It looks a little too difficult anyway. I thought considering it was only cosmetic it would be a little simpler. Oh well. :)
Thanks given by:
Your allowed to do it. It doesn't give you an unfair advantage. Though I think it would be too much work.
Thanks given by:
(23 Nov 10, 01:41AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: I like violas.
Perhaps way too much.
Anyways, this is another thing I would like localized.

How can you tell when a violist is playing out of tune?
Thanks given by:
(23 Nov 10, 03:32AM)JGAN Wrote: How can you tell when a violist is playing out of tune?
Pigs flying.
Thanks given by:
(23 Nov 10, 07:03AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote:
(23 Nov 10, 03:32AM)JGAN Wrote: How can you tell when a violist is playing out of tune?
Pigs flying.

*BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ* bow is moving *corny laughter* x)

Thanks given by:
(22 Nov 10, 08:11AM)BrickSquad Wrote: /changethetextcolor red

And for the blue i suggest that you have to crouch 5 times , knife 15 mates and headshot 2 RVSF blue bots? mmh :P

Thanks given by:
now seriously i don't remember exactly but by press left ctrl + L + number you changed color of text in command line but i cannot see it console and with names it doesn't work too, i think it worked a bit but i don't remember exactly if really
Thanks given by:
Yes that would allow you to change the color of various text in-game, but color is not sent to the server via the say, or me commands AFAIK, and I think he means he wants to be able to change the color of the messages that "pop-up" on the HUD (you fragged X), not the console.

EDIT:

NINJA'D you V-Mang ♥♥♥
Thanks given by:
in-game changing of console text can only be done to "echo" and "say" commands, as well as menu items; not default console messages.
Thanks given by: