Physics engine in AssaultCube (ragdoll)
maybe if it had two distinct games( AC and AC2(cube2 engine), but, would be too much work, besides having to support the two games.
more interesting would be to improve the Acube, while the game remains lightweight(rs) and can run on most machines : ).
would only be able to add more effects, however, the player could disable them

---
one suggestion: would be nice to put bullets visible in first-person and third person , would make the game a little more arcade : )

other suggestion: the bullets could be a little slow, I think it would not affect the gameplay much, but it would be interesting to see the projectiles
Thanks given by:
(12 Dec 10, 01:30AM)wolfbr Wrote: other suggestion: the bullets could be a little slow, I think it would not affect the gameplay much, but it would be interesting to see the projectiles

You mean by making the bullets in the air slower? If you mean that, then it would obviously change the gameplay. The ROF would be changed slower.

Thanks given by:
I dont think you can make the bullets in the air slower. Mostly because AC never puts bullets in the air. It just draws trajectories (I believe).
Thanks given by:
(12 Dec 10, 01:37AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote:
(12 Dec 10, 01:30AM)wolfbr Wrote: other suggestion: the bullets could be a little slow, I think it would not affect the gameplay much, but it would be interesting to see the projectiles

You mean by making the bullets in the air slower? If you mean that, then it would obviously change the gameplay. The ROF would be changed slower.

not much slower,it would be something like fear,cube2 or wolfet, it would only make a difference to long distance, but most players would have no trouble in aiming... : )
Thanks given by:
(12 Dec 10, 01:41AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: I dont think you can make the bullets in the air slower. Mostly because AC never puts bullets in the air. It just draws trajectories (I believe).
Yup.

Thanks given by:
I am very sure that sauer has no moving projectiles for their hitscan weapons, just like AC.
It's a visual effect at best. Same goes for wolfet... only very simulation-like shooters have this, afaik. I see no use for it in AC really.
Thanks given by:
in wolfet, the moving projectiles are a little slow, however this does not make much dirença the game, you only see it shooting over long distances, only the mg42 is slower compared to other weapons(moving projectiles).

moving projectiles work fine in games like quake(nail gun or hypeblaster in quake2), because the maps are small(like assault cube), I believe that the game becomes more interesting as well because players can dodge better shots, and learn to aim better, and predict where the enemy is.
Thanks given by:
I can already dodge bullets quite well, thankyouverymuch. XD
Thanks given by:
Yea, lets make assault cube more realistic by allowing you to dodge bullets!
Thanks given by:
(13 Dec 10, 06:12AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Yea, lets make assault cube more realistic by allowing you to dodge bullets!

AC is not a very realistic game, AC is an arcade game(fun over realism XD)
and the AC would not be so unrealistic as well, would be more fun, and I believe it would help balance the weapons(exemple: slow bullets > rapid bullets = grenade>shotgun>smg>pistol>AR>carbine>sniper ) : )

Thanks given by: