Map Editing Keys?
Is there a way to change the keys for map editing? I am using a mac with a small ass mac keyboard and some of the keys that are on a PC keyboard are missing. So if I could change the keys for map editing, that would be awesome. Thanks!
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum, I suspect you have a MacBook Pro or a Mac Air? What I do is usually find a Windows keyboard and plug it into my USB drive. That should fix the problem temporarily.

Or you can find a way to bind some keys.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I need help with changing the binding of the map editor keys. Me no has other keyboard :/ Thanks for the welcome though.
Thanks given by:
Go to /Users/$USERNAME/Library/Application Support/assaultcube_1.1/config/ and select "saved.cfg" open it in TextEdit. Scroll down to wherever you see the "bind 'KEY' [do shit]" start. Where ever it says
bind "KEY" [ if $editing [ doshit ] ]
or
bind "KEY" [edit... etc]
change the "KEY" to a usuable key. For example, if you want to change the key that changes textures (page up, page down, home, insert) you would find
bind "PAGEUP" [edittex 2 1]
and change it to something like
bind "RSHIFT" [edittex 2 1]
or something along those lines.
Thanks given by:
Thanks! Works like a charm!
Thanks given by:
really? it didnt for me XD

well np anyways... haha
Thanks given by:
To edit textures hold Z or X and scroll, depending on the location (wall/floor). http://assault.cubers.net/docs/mapediting1.html for controls.
Thanks given by:
And edit autoexec.cfg instead of saved.cfg!
Thanks given by:
i think he must be confused as small kitty after these answers :P

you must check 2 config files:

ac_folder/config/keymap.cfg
and
ac_folder/config/resetbinds.cfg

in first file you have mapping to keyboard and in the second you will see mapping to functions of ac

use similar bind pattern for your keyboard but you must put it to

ac_folder/config/autoexex.cfg (this file is loading during start of AC)

(in the second file you will see also all mapping hot keys)
Thanks given by: