New Project: Commentaries
I think the real issue is that noobs such as myself won't think of much to say other than "Dang, he's good!"
It'd be a good idea for other players to write commentary, forming a sort of collaborative write-up which can be conglomerated into a vocal commentary.

As far as giving away insight or show flaws, my character is such that I can't be convinced that those are bad things. The best way to get rid of a noob is to turn him into a pro. ;-)
Thanks given by:
DES|V-Man Coming up the left side, he is going for the flag.
D-Man Shuts down two defenders with one well placed nade.....
Ohhh Hells no he just tkd teammate DES|HALO.
Nevermind that V-Man has the enemy flag,
but will he get away clean before the enemies start to respawn and give chase?

and now we go to a-d-a-m for a peek at whats going on at the other end. a-d-a-m?

because he got high.
Thanks given by:
(Cheesy commentator voice) Back to you, Paul.
Thanks given by:
To do it right you MUST plug the nose and talk/breathe out the mouth.
Thanks given by:
meh, we usually comment some important actions of our games after finish, but imho commenting the ladder matches is pointless

"Jaguar take the flag"
"His teammates dont cover him"
"Jaguar got killed"
"his mate got the flag and score"
"a teamkiller throws nades in his base tkilling Bunnysoul"
"Bunnysoul ban him"
"A friend of the tkiller try to ban bunnysoul"
"one team has ratio 2.4 and the other 0.4"
"someone try to shuffle"
"everyone press f2"
"the better player get kicked for camping"
Thanks given by:
no, thats just you :D
Thanks given by:
Sister: You're not supposed to say what you only see. You can also give some background information of a player sometimes and add some interest. If you're gonna read console, just take a video of it and you're done ._.
Thanks given by:
eg. "Jaguar takes the flag. Jaguar has been playing AC for over a year; a very accomplished player who was once blacklisted by mistake. He should score this flag easi..oh! I spoke too soon. The cover from his teammates was appalling there. Shocking. Fortunately, one of them has recovered the flag and scored the point. I'm not sure how happy Jaguar will be about that."
"Oooh! A stray 'nade from some noob into the base there has wiped out teammate BunnySoul. Bunny is *not* going to be happy about that...and there's the ban vote, with admin to drive it home. Shouldn't be chucking nades into your own base mate. Bunny tries to get on his way again, but now some other noob, probably a friend of the first, has called a ban vote on him. This can only turn out bad for noob number two."
"Not really a level playing field here. We've got CLA on a 2.4 ratio and RVSF performing poorly on 0.4, barely able to get out of their base. Something needs to be done to even up the teams. Ah, the shuffle vote comes in. Should be using forcteam really, but that would require someone who was paying attention in the first place. Sadly there seem to be too many F2's on the vote. Gotta keep up those ratios, eh? Oh no! To cap the poor display, one of the RVSF has called a kick vote on CLA's best player! For camping!! DUDE, IT'S A LEGITIMATE STRATEGY!!! And somehow the vote has passed. YOU'RE ALL JUST JEALOUS!!!! *sigh*"

Or something like that...
Thanks given by:
* V-Man calls a vote: get jamz to be a commentator
Thanks given by:
*w00p|''Zodiak. calls a vote: Godsmack for President!
Thanks given by:
Save all that for the post game wrap up. Ac is way too fast for fun facts and trivia. This idea is doa anywho.
Thanks given by:
yep jamz, u are right :P
Thanks given by:
(10 Jul 10, 03:34AM)DES|V-Man Wrote: * DES|V-Man calls a vote: get jamz to be a commentator

*presses F1*
Thanks given by:
Guys Im sorry I havent starting this thus far, there have been a few problems in my house recently which prevented me from doing this project. Ill do a first real soon. Sorry about the long waiting time ;)
Thanks given by:
(04 Jul 10, 05:17PM)BurN. Wrote: Well thats one thing, but when i look at demo's from matches of oNe|Wolf, oNe|Chin@ & other good players, i can see that their aim is very good but there aint much real 'tactics'... The only thing is that they just almost hit everything ...

haha what lol

MorganKell for commentator.
Thanks given by:
(13 Jul 10, 12:12AM)Undead Wrote:
(04 Jul 10, 05:17PM)BurN. Wrote: Well thats one thing, but when i look at demo's from matches of oNe|Wolf, oNe|Chin@ & other good players, i can see that their aim is very good but there aint much real 'tactics'... The only thing is that they just almost hit everything ...

haha what lol

He's hinting to the fact that they were more aim based players rather than brain because of their overall game experience with AC...
Thanks given by:
Commentating on competitive matches is one of those things that's really hard to do right. You need a few extremely knowledgeable players that know the playstyle of the teams and players involved in the match, and you also need to know the players themselves quite in-depth.

Commentating is easily f***ed up. You either do it extremely well, or you sound like a goof.

Example of some good commentary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knY0tGZ5lCE (Starts in the beginning)
Thanks given by:
(13 Jul 10, 12:34AM)Harps Wrote:
(13 Jul 10, 12:12AM)Undead Wrote:

haha what lol

He's hinting to the fact that they were more aim based players rather than brain because of their overall game experience with AC...

nah i thought it was funny because they're pretty smart players :P
Thanks given by: