New Project: Commentaries
Hello everybody, this is former =CTK=Acropolips, now |BC|Acropolips and Im here to start a new project which I hope will get popular. Im thinking about starting a new project where I commentate games. At first Ill be doing ladder server games (mainly HI-SKILL servers on Wotan and Eurozone) and maybe when I get the hang of it on actual clan matches. Ill be talking about the gameplay at hand and a variety of other topics including the players in the match at the time (what I think about them), some ranting about some topics that bug me (especially if they come up in that particular game) and maybe adding some humour here and there.. Keep in mind the commentaries will be non-scripted, Ill be talking while playing the game on ladder servers or talking over demos while I watch them for the first time. When I do start doing them, I will be accepting a lot of critism about my gameplay (if im playing), about my commentary style and basically any other flaw you can find, so in the future I can make the commentaries more enjoyable for all.

No one likes doing a project alone, so Im looking for a partner to aid me in this endeavor. He can be just average skilled, must be friendly and understand a lot about the game (gameplay, players etc...). A good voice is also a plus. If your interested, post here or contact me on Skype or Xfire (Username is Acropolips on both) or on IRC (name is |BC|Acropolips).

Programs Ill be using are Fraps to record and Digital Media Converter to compress the videos. Ill be posting them on a YouTube account that I will open when Im ready. If anyone has any better alternatives, please tell me ^^.

Thank you all :).
Thanks given by:
Wegame for recording, i think they come out much nicer then fraps.
Sounds like an really interesting idea!
Thanks given by:
People who are interested:
Commentators:
Acropolips (from BC)
Zodiak (from w00p)
Web Designers (website coming soon:
MathiasB (from FmC)
Thanks given by:
ill be glad to help commentate if needed. I get my new mic today :D

i have the good commentary voice down, its the knowledge of players i lack..
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a fantastic idea.
Thanks given by:
Excelent idea ! I remember those AC World Cup games where some guys (i dont remember who) were talking about the match in an "AC Radio" or smt. Really good idea, good luck with the progress !
Thanks given by:
Thank you Coxa and Roscoe for your support.

Mental, contact me please some place where we can discuss in real-time.
Thanks given by:
I can't really do voice recordings but I support your project! Talking about tactics and skills of players while showing a video would be sweet.
Thanks given by:
I have skype and Xfire.
XFire: draulxu

Add me, and maybe i can help if you want.
Thanks given by:
I would love to help but all I have are crappy SingStar microphones, so I can't.
Thanks given by:
Orynge, Xu forums. Check 'em. ;) < /offtopic>
Thanks given by:
Just did, Draul. [/offtopic]
Thanks given by:
This is an amazing idea. There is a lot to be learned from just watching a great game by a great player in assaultcube much less if he is actually explaining what and why he is doing what he is doing. There are lots of commentaries over Mw2 gameplay (i have watched and are subscribed to quite a few "commentators" so if you need any ideas or something of how to run a commentary I suggest you go look at them on youtube!
Thanks given by:
Flag games would shine with commentaries.
reference
good times
Thanks given by:
My combination of video recorder and compressor arent really working, Fraps uses an amv format which gives the videos huge file sizes and the compressor removes all the quality.

Id really like new suggestions for this please.
Thanks given by:
(29 Jun 10, 05:00PM)Acropolips Wrote: My combination of video recorder and compressor arent really working, Fraps uses an amv format which gives the videos huge file sizes and the compressor removes all the quality.

Id really like new suggestions for this please.

for recording you can use: GunCam, Camtasia, xFire's Recording system, and DXTory to name a few. :D
Thanks given by:
I would love to lend my beautiful voice and professional-grade microphone to this cause. PM me and let me know exactly what you'd like me to do.
Thanks given by:
http://esreality.hexus.net/?a=post&id=1904619

Djwheat and 2gd are two of the best at giving in game analysis and light hearted commentary fpr fps games! tomorrow they will be broadcasting from the eswc finals. lots of experience to follow from their styles here!

i recommend watching some starcraft commentaries also, http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/Commentators
Thanks given by:
Yeh, I love watching various commentaries to get my examples from. One of my favourites is Husky that does StarCraft 2 commentaries. I also watch some commentaries of MW2, BC2 and most fps games. What I dont like about most of the FPS commentators is that they dont post about the strategy used at hand, just a bunch of small talk, which is pretty retarded. I wanna try to show up my strategies too, which I hope future crew will do to, Ofcourse we cant do this if we are commentating demos which we will do in the future.

Ill probably be posting my first commentary tommorow, it wont be of the best quality but I hope it will be a good starter, from which me and the guys will work up from there.
Thanks given by:
@ V-man Hellz yeah!
Thanks given by:
ive been thinking about doing this with some clan members too lately..

ill be glad to do some voice commentary, pm if you need me so i can download any programs or whatever..mac user btw.

ive got videos on youtube with voice http://www.youtube.com/user/iODclan
(the tutorials are the ones your looking for)
besides from some studdering,:P, in a nice..calm enviroment im sure it will be fun :)
Thanks given by:
Mine was when i was home and really sick. xD
Thanks given by:
if your comment is based on analyzing the video itself, could probably be divided into different topics. That would make it more interesting, and would also make some people will specialize in making various categories of videos.

I mean, if you want to analyze a clan match could be attached to the format required. however, if a video of another type that does not involve a specific format can vary the format itself.

a casual example might be this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgmhrDKdkWs&feature=fvw
(that voice remind me to Seth Rogen, which is pretty fun ^ to hear )

would be nice to see a test video and see the public opinion and take into account the comments to improve future videos available.
Thanks given by:
maybe you could get around 3 people for 1 video..and focus on key/important players for that game? also important plays and moves..
Thanks given by:
Good idea

I wanna hear everybody's voice.... Shorty commentating would be tight.
Thanks given by:
(04 Jul 10, 10:31AM)Vermi Wrote: Good idea

I wanna hear everybody's voice.... Shorty commentating would be tight.

Lol

Good luck
Thanks given by:
Excellent idea, but wouldnt do Hi-Skill games because these are pretty boring, i would rather concentrate at clan matches :)

If help needed i can do whatever you want :)
I got a microphone & i am pretty active!

My Skype: "Tovenaar384"

EDIT: Could be nice to like do a skype conversation while watching demo together, like in FIFA games with 2 or 3 commentators :)
Thanks given by:
yes, but that would also be a bad thing, doing clan matches gives away insight into your game-play, and would show your flaws.
Thanks given by:
(04 Jul 10, 03:45PM)Shorty Wrote: yes, but that would also be a bad thing, doing clan matches gives away insight into your game-play, and would show your flaws.

Doing clan matches would be the best idea imo :p... that's where the highest level of strategy is used (1v1 also ;) ) and the insight, experienced knowledge of plays, the tactics of item running, control, what the players past experience has been in xyz is all really really good to know. especially for new players.

about the 'flaws'.. whats wrong with a little constructive criticism? its how people improve (spotting patterns, being less predictable etc) :p
Thanks given by:
(04 Jul 10, 03:45PM)Shorty Wrote: yes, but that would also be a bad thing, doing clan matches gives away insight into your game-play, and would show your flaws.

Well thats one thing, but when i look at demo's from matches of oNe|Wolf, oNe|Chin@ & other good players, i can see that their aim is very good but there aint much real 'tactics'... The only thing is that they just almost hit everything ...
Thanks given by: