custom map pack 2009-2010 (assaultcube 1.0.4)
My 2 cents. Quality isn't everything in AC maps. I used to have fun even in maps like bs_boxcube (or whatever it was called) as well as in keller, deserts, and so on, so when a map is funny to play, quality doesn't matter that much.

Unless it's laggy and crappy like EzJem and Twin Towers.
Thanks given by:
(06 Nov 10, 07:07PM)Deathstar Wrote: are you God or something?
I'm not god. I'm Apollo.

(06 Nov 10, 07:07PM)Deathstar Wrote: Who are you to say who is wrong or who is right?

Someone who has the same right to say his opinion like Alien, pufig and yourself and who think that they can say that
are right and others not
. It was only a mirror to alien's post. Some ppl call this comedy.

(06 Nov 10, 07:07PM)Deathstar Wrote: As said pufig, you have high opinion of yourself.
That's what he thinks. I never said that I'm the best mapper. Personally I think that Mr. Floppy and Jiba are way better mappers. And pufig was probably talking about himself (see his video thread).

(06 Nov 10, 07:07PM)Deathstar Wrote: You didn't really knew the first view of the game, you are here since 0.93.... So I think you can't say what is the real point of view of the game. "You know what this game need", ....
I'm playing this in fact longer - just for info. So - in your opinion only really really long players have a say in this - players like you? Only they have really a say? And you call me a facist?

(06 Nov 10, 07:07PM)Deathstar Wrote: I just have to remember you something: ac_church => shitty ugly laggy map created by you, no layer, lagging, too much open space, bad textures etc....
I must apologize, but I have to inform you about a mistake. I'm not the creator of ac_church which was quite popular in that old times. I've made ac_sakrileg which was more complex, but too big and therefore never played (and I made it cause ac_church was a crappy styled map in multiple versions, but the basic idea was good). Maybe you check the facts before attacking me.

(06 Nov 10, 07:07PM)Deathstar Wrote: we all did crappy maps in our life (me too). so can you say me now who are you to judge people and their opinion!? ok you can say skyscraper and all shitty map sucks (i'm ok with you it really sucks) that's your right, i made shitty laggy maps too and i hate crappy maps now, but the thing is, i had fun to made it, and people had fun to play on it. this is a video game, and video game was created to distract, to have fun, so you can't force a community who have fun to think as you want. restriction kill the game like shitty crappy maps kills the game.

In the moment you as a mapper decide not to make sky textures on the floor or to reduce the height of walls to be able again to shoot with other weapons than a scoped sniper then you are restricting yourself. Others would says you improve the quality of the game.

Also the people are mourning the fact that restrictions exist, but no one discuss the restrictions itself (which are just a few). Therefore this is the usual protest against any kind of restrictions (we can call them also "minimum quality aspects", sounds more positive), otherwise the accusation of "god behavior", "facisim" aso wouldn't take place here.

The point which many mappers dont know or dont see: the original devs wanted a more realisitic and team oriented gameplay than that in the game Cube (therefore douze shouldn't be official imo). AFAIK that was the initial idea and reason for the maps and modes we have till today and als the reason why every attempt to bring rocket launchers aso into the game is denied everytime.

The maps we are talking about are promoting a view of the game which wasn't originally intended, they foil it. Also the effort of time for building and planning, of researching infos about their theme and the engine, working on textures, models and sounds of many mappers and mappings themes are contradicted when pushing them with dedicated servers aso. My two cents.

(06 Nov 10, 07:07PM)Deathstar Wrote: maybe we can use a fuction wich hide automatically crappy maps from server lister, and in menu option, player who want to see shitty maps on their serverlister you can. something like: "/crappyserver 1" "/crappy server 0" you know what i mean?
This was discussed already - And if I recall correct many ppl dont want it cause they felt restricted from the server list. You see, this isn't as easy as thought.
Thanks given by:
wasteland > douze
Thanks given by:
ac_church was made by Ballot (german guy who wasn't near around, everybody can be confused who is who (also very specific for AC), there were also min 10 version of church by many guys(similar pattern to current HeadShot City)) but i remember many crappy attempts of current (pro mapping) community. I just wanted some starting space for beginners as we have. It is egoistic to develop himself and protect your position by restrictions. I could see many mappers developed from crappy beginnings to pro maps. I can see bigger interest for my maps now but it doesn't bring me satisfaction as you probably.

Next motivation why have a bit open space for maps is inspiration for current pro mappers, each new view on Cube brings better AC in future.

Coop mode is very good mode which is great plus for this game.

Next players can play more than 4 maps and their variations. It isn't about someone's playground. You can regulate it but why do it if you built loyality by main clans and we can see then only these variations.

I think there is no need to discuss with certain people about mapping, hate produce hate and it creates restrictions. I realized that my fucking posts don't bring nothing positive, only restrictions. They have just fun i waste my time here so i think it is better to let them in their "Cube".
Thanks given by:
Yes i agree , i learn mapping with maps who will probably can not be votable now.
Im agree with map limits , but i think that 30 cubes isn't anouth. (for beginners as for me)
Ok headshot city is a noob map made by a noob but i was a noob and everybody was a noob.
For information , i started play assaultcube on ezjemvill on Hanze servers.
Thanks given by:
too much poor answers appolo... and about your nick, there was a more old appolo than you... i remember 2 americans players: appolo and another shitehead (i don't remember the name), and they made original church, i'm sure about it! so maybe you maybe took the same name than him... so sorry the ac_church comment if was not you. but all of your answer are incorrect dude, it just show you don't know what you are talking about...
Thanks given by:
lol, i am sure Ballot created one mod of this map (i don't know exactly differences among them because even in that times it was crappy for me) and i remember someone merged my ac_house with this map -.-, next there was also one mod of by Archangel or Nova i don't remember exactly. But everyone tried to create one type of this map.

Similar scenario was with ac_italy with new wave of mappers. For example good mod by Toca is deluxe_italy. Then formed DES and Mr.Floppy's used colors and created very good maps. Iced and snows maps was inspired by crappy one which are in dump now. Maps as bunker and that ship was good. Then they probably created contacts with devs and started to create too in default style = ventilations, boxes, dirty walls and mainly default combinations of textures. Nobody around me cared about devs in that times.

Similar scenario was with 1.0 version. ac_dust2, ezjemvill, towers, .. All crappy maps have many versions, many people have learned, stupid FPS players played them and some very good new mappers arised. If you checked your folder with 1.0 version, you will discover many nice maps which don't copy default style and bring something new.

To learn mapping needs many attempts, many tries, collecting experiences but by reading manuals and tutorials you will learn nothing.

I like this game for this system and therefore i waste my time here with these posts. I understand the purpose of this game isn't only mapping and this game is mainly for players. Devs probably cares more about players. The random guy who reviewing this game, care more about common features than some mappers. And then the regulation has its purposes. But there is more solutions how to achieve it.

From view server hosters i am still surprised why they prefer four maps instead of many others.
Thanks given by:
^.^ we have a winner :D

nice job Alien
Thanks given by:
IMHO, these restrictions won't make the new mappers less encouraged to make their first maps. They will have to read some docs for the restrictions (and learn to read the docs), and their first maps will be shitty just like anybody's else first map, but within the limitations of the game.
Thanks given by:
Wolf, instead of improvements we are receiving limitations, you can have command /checkquality and you will receive the points for the quality of map, the server list can be sorted by this quality. You have docs in game engine, you don't need to search them in some forums but i found in new version many missing helps to commands. Instead of mapping demos, they create tutorials. :/

About encourage: Sharing is great acceleration for them. You are missing the point. You will lost interest very quickly after first comment on forum.
Thanks given by:
(09 Nov 10, 10:59PM)[aCKa]Deathstar Wrote: too much poor answers appolo... and about your nick, there was a more old appolo than you... i remember 2 americans players: appolo and another shitehead (i don't remember the name), and they made original church, i'm sure about it! so maybe you maybe took the same name than him... so sorry the ac_church comment if was not you. but all of your answer are incorrect dude, it just show you don't know what you are talking about...

Cause it's already a problem for you to write my nickname correctly, I'm sure you have some other mental problems too. Maybe you find in your construction of the past also some other Deathstars who made also ac_church, lol. Maybe you took their nickname (don't think about it, I don't care anyway).
Thanks given by:
(10 Nov 10, 06:03PM)Apollo{TyD} Wrote: Cause it's already a problem for you to write my nickname correctly, I'm sure you have some other mental problems too.
Way uncalled for.
Thanks given by:
(11 Nov 10, 02:49AM)JMM Wrote: Way uncalled for.
Don't remember who brought this to a personal level first (different judgement?). And I can't take his last comment as a serious apology if it is meant so.
Thanks given by:
"Apollo you wouldn't know a "serious" apology if it hit you in the face. Why don't you just RAGEQUIT again? Seems you used to doing that..."

-EDIT-

Out of my mind and pissed at 1.1. Nvm this ^^.
Thanks given by:
Apolo you are just showing to everybody here, you don't know what to answ so you insult me, and do poor answers. You have child attitude. Between I remember you friend name was nova. and about my nickname, i'm the first Deathstar on this game... after some people use deathstar nick in 0.93 and 1.0 , but my nick doesn't change who i am and what i did. and i never modified ac_church, because i hate this shitty map (probably made by your apolo cousin and nova). Stop saying shite now, stop to hate me, i just said you made shitty map like everybody made shitty maps. don't cry babe

Edit DogD: Btw it was Balot^MD who created the first one and some mods for it...that map got so much play it was basically the only custom map that was played back then on a regular basis.
Thanks given by:
(11 Nov 10, 09:24PM)Deathstar Wrote: Apolo ....
It's still Apollo, not appolo or Apolo.

(11 Nov 10, 09:24PM)Deathstar Wrote: Between I remember you friend name was nova. ...because i hate this shitty map (probably made by your apolo cousin and nova).
Nova and I have been in two clans together (the last clan was Maximum Destruction (MD), if this sounds familiar to you). I asure we are not familiy members, nor living in the same country or contintent - and ofc we aren't friends (see Tear you Down!'s history - problems with the leadership = problems with Nova). Btw Alien aka Lukas was also member in MD. You can ask him, if you need some history lessons.

If I recall correct you was the first one who brought in a nickname discussion here:

(09 Nov 10, 10:59PM)Deathstar Wrote: -.. and about your nick, there was a more old appolo than you... i remember 2 americans players: appolo and another shitehead (i don't remember the name) ... so maybe you maybe took the same name than him...

Not that I care much about how many Apollos have been here before me, or during my active time (I survived already 3 of them) and how many Apollos are here in the future - what does this have to do with the discussion about maps? Just nothing.

Btw. Do you think the hundreds of "Killer", "Elite", "Noob", "Sniper", "ProGamer", "YourMom" and so on should also argue who was the first guy?. So this is only a silly point with the goal to do a personal attack (example: you declaring all Apollos - that includes me - as shithead aso).

PS: I was wearing the tags of ACAL and MD in the past and before that I used to be apollo.ger; so you've got three more "older" Apollo who are just me. Feel free to insult "them" too.

(11 Nov 10, 09:24PM)Deathstar Wrote: you don't know what to answ ... and do poor answers.. ...

If you look at my answer here and ofc in this post you can't say this is a poor answer. My average answers are much longer as your shouting. And I'm tried to give you all needed anwers and informations.

So it's not me who doesn't know to answer ... it's you who doesn't know what to blame. But mixing up facts with half-truth stories, combined with insults and minor matters as showed up in your posts are truly poor....

But I'm thankfull. I was arguing in the past a lot with Lukas and sometimes I was thinking that he is too stubborn (he might thinking the some of me; I must admit that I found now someone who is probably realy stubborn).

On the other hand - cause we have been in two clans together - he is the only guy in your clan who is knowing me and my mapping work. I was wondering why you aren't read his post here and his post here. It seems that Alien has lot better memories about the past. So why don't consult him before the next post? Or do you think that his opinion isn't trustworthy?

(11 Nov 10, 09:24PM)Deathstar Wrote: You have child attitude. Stop saying shite now, stop to hate me, i just said you made shitty map like everybody made shitty maps. don't cry babe

Sorry, but this make me laugh. I have always the same picture in my mind:
[Image: cryingc.jpg]
Your answer is exact that what I expect when running out of arguments. Why should I "hate" you now - and does this mean that I loved you before? Wait - probably cause you insult me to have a God complex, being facist, a nickname stealer, a sweet innocent, a shitehead "like the other unknown guy" or crying child. Or cause you tried steadly to bring my mapping work near a map we both don't like? Nah, there are enough other people which I could hate. If you think you deserve it - then join the end of the queue.

Seriously, from the first answer to my post you have demonstrate no sense of humor (this picture will probably make you insane then - if you aren't already) and a lack of historical knowledge. And probably you don't know in the meantime which Apollo is the right one to attack further. In fact we haven't have any point of contact nor interest about each other in the past years - this might explain your confusion in this frantic attempt to annoy me. But hey ... no problem - I'm not the guy here who have problems to control his emotions...

(06 Nov 10, 07:07PM)Deathstar Wrote: sorry if i was a little agressive...

Thanks given by:
This is constructed flame war. :) Apollo knows him very well, Deathstar is just direct mind. (there is very simple to create trouble) He doesn't mean it bad but he has typical french attitude. You don't think? Why would Apollo so analyze all Deathstars brainwashed words. In such people as Deathstar you are sure they don't play, but it is easy to get to troubles.

The interpretation i didn't dance how you sang as "stubborn" , created me smile.

So Apollo you got it to spam level, i think it is time to close this thread :P
Thanks given by:
^^thanx for the claryfication. Alien - You should know that I respect and like your mapping - despite our different political views. Btw. we have added your masterpiece into our maprot cause it would be a real shame if this map would be forgotten.
Thanks given by:
OK OK. Thread closed because it's surpassed its (already limited) usefullness and brought warning points for Apollo and Deathstar for breaking the forum rules. It's not acceptable to bring personal attacks to the forums.
Thanks given by: