HUD mods?
how do i make a hud mod? like change where the icons are.like put the radar in the bottom middle of the screen or put the ammo and armor somewhere else..
Thanks given by:
you need to change source code
Thanks given by:
For simple HUD mods that only alter the look, there's Protox Mod and some others at http://akimbo.in.
Thanks given by:
ya know i actually research before i post these things....i dont want obvious answers like go to akimbo and gat protox... i already have protox and i got tired of it.....
(29 Oct 10, 09:12PM)snake_eye Wrote: you need to change source code

change the code really?! damn all the good mods need a altered code dont they? ugh u got a tutorial on source code modding.
Thanks given by:
Most mods don't need/have a source code change. Exceptions would be the Carbon mod, Lucas's new mode mod, and a few others. You've seen Primevil's and Protox's work. They did a mod that people loved without changing the code.
Thanks given by:
(30 Oct 10, 02:29AM)jakedisaster Wrote: damn all the good mods need a altered code dont they? ugh u got a tutorial on source code modding.

Well, "source code modding" sounds like the latest euphemism for "cheating".

Now, in case this "code modded" client will give you unfair advantage to vanilla clients, then this indeed becomes cheating.

However, what you're asking for is called "coding" or "programming" and you've to look for C++ tutorials and learn programming in order to change the source code to make the game look like you want.

In the end, I wonder whether it's worth to change the code just to have the positioning of HUD icons differently and so on. What's wrong with the current positioning anyways or are you just bored to death by them already? (If the latter case applies I wonder how often you change your haircut, as you must be bored like nothing seeing the same old face everyday morning in the bathroom.)

Maybe there could be a HUD-layout selection, like some games (used to) have, to prevent coder-wannabes from messing up the clients...
Thanks given by:
im kinda trying to change the whole game through mods. im kinda addicted to modding now so im looking for anything i can mod.
Thanks given by:
Just make sure you don't end up modding too far that you end up like Myuk ;)
Thanks given by:
lol can do ^^
Thanks given by:
I relish the prospect of a Hello Kitty mod. I will give 7 internets to the person who can make this dream come true for me.
Thanks given by:
pfffffff xD lolz!
Thanks given by: