constructive thread
(01 Nov 10, 06:31PM)tipper|DES| Wrote: Well, well, surprised to you (seagal) on the forums offering advice…..
Even more surprised to read the hints and advice you’re giving.
Kind of expected you to advise players to use the tactics you did…..cheat.
im sry but why must the AC community always bring up the past in a thread that has nothing to do with it. if you want to bring up that he cheated or didnt make another thread. Its childish that yall keep doing this. and it just steers the topic well off topic. tipper you may get pissed off, but come on man. i know im off topic but i just had to say that.

on topic: what would be fun but prob unnecessary would be sticky nades, just toss on a wall, and boom.
Thanks given by:
No matter the person, the point may still be valid. Bash the point, not the person.
Re: sticky nades, no. Do you mean 0.93 nades?
Thanks given by:
the AR in 1.0 was fine, besides a tiny clip and lacking a bit of punch. i could do very well with it in matches, it had a big advantage with the kickback and i could kill people in less than a second with 5 well aimed burst shots into the back.
the sniper became more evened out because of the reduction of the head hitbox, meaning people cant just sit in depot and randomly fire at the direction of the head and hit everytime.
i seriously don't understand why people thought sniper was overpowered, it was weaker in maps other than depot/power and required a genuinely skilled player to use it effectively in matches outside of those maps.

with the ESL, i enjoyed it alot and gave me something competitive to do in AC and i'm sure a majority of people competing in it felt the same, it kinda just went out of hand and got filled with hackers ( no i'm not talking about the ones you think hack and you don't have any evidence to back it up ).
Thanks given by:
(02 Nov 10, 01:51AM)Gibstick Wrote: No matter the person, the point may still be valid. Bash the point, not the person.
Re: sticky nades, no. Do you mean 0.93 nades?

lol i was kidding about the sticky nades
Thanks given by:
I still think the nades shouldn't actually bounce off people... if I hit someone in the head with the nade, the nade should drop pretty much at his feet, not bounce some ~25 cubes back in my face.

I should actually post this in the ideas thread.
Thanks given by:
(02 Nov 10, 03:15AM)Undead Wrote: the AR in 1.0 was fine, besides a tiny clip and lacking a bit of punch. i could do very well with it in matches, it had a big advantage with the kickback and i could kill people in less than a second with 5 well aimed burst shots into the back.

In a few 2v2's with oNe you whipped out the AR and i will admit it i tried to avoid you.
Thanks given by:
I agree with JMM, nades shouldnt react to contact with a meatbag as if said meatbag is made of rubber..

@DES|Masteroftheuniverse
5. Be civil and show respect to other users on the forums. Keep personal attacks and other types of flaming off of this forum.

6. If you are not browsing in the off-topic forum, don't post something that is entirely off-topic to the thread. Make your own thread in the off-topic forum if you have something else to say.

15. Do not use someone else’s thread for a private conversations. Use the PM feature.

19. Do not post ”empty” or useless responses, such as just ”lol”, "+1", or ”cool.” Only post responses when you have something to contribute. The only exception to this rule is in the off-topic forum.

Thanks given by:
I don't agree, JMM. Then mastering the timing of nades would be pointless.
Thanks given by:
Pointless only if the target player isn't moving.
Thanks given by:
I think I also agree with JMM.
When was the last time you threw a metal object at someone and had it bounce back in your face?
In fact, it would even be cool if nades did a (small) amount of damage when you hit someone with them...
Thanks given by:
EDIT: Never mind, I was supposed to post in the ideas thread and came back for the quote, then accidentally posted here X(
Thanks given by:
I and Nocu we played against Seagal and Mael in version 1.1.3
To me he appeared to be an honest player and with great skill and intelligence, I do not know about what happened in the past, but in version 1.1.3 it is clean.
And adding, I agree with some points made by the author of the topic ... and to me that the AC is not a game just for fun, but a competitive game. And the more high-level players, the better.
In version 1.0 it differed a skilled player of an intermediate player. Something that does not happen in 1.1.3 leveled down.
To beat a player who plays with a assault rifle, only another player to plays with assault rifle, too.
To be easier, a skilled player who plays for smg, no matter what start shooting before, can not beat an average player who is playing assault rifle.
Today even if I have to play with the assault rifle, while not liking her, because with the SMG can not win another player who played with the assault rifle, even though that is technically inferior.
Thanks given by:
I find average ARers easy to kill with just SMG/Shotty, and I'm not too far beyond average myself.

But, and this is just another silly idea I had... what if AR was made identical to the 1.04 one with the possible exception of the slightly bigger clip it's got now, and give it a (dun dun) GRENADE LAUNCHER? I don't mean a proper launcher as such, I mean simply the ability to "throw" a nade without the normal delay of changing to nades and pulling the pin (and then changing back before being able to shoot again)? Perhaps with the ability to cook taken away as well... this way, it'd have itself a unique advantage that could make up for the slight lack of firepower. This would also allow more room to fiddle around with the SMG without making it too "AR-like" (though I think it's fine as it is).

Another similar idea I though (I'm pretty sure this has been brought up before) of is shell-by-shell reloading for the shotty... people are constantly whining about the new shotty being overpowered, so what about bringing its power back down a little and giving it a distinguishing ability to balance it?

Both a bit far-fetched and "but but JMM, <insert a popular mainstream fps game> has it as well", but I think something like this would make for a good way to balance the guns.

My two cents.

inb4 "ehauheaeaehuaheuhauehuaheuhaueae good joke" and "this isn't css/cod/moh"
Thanks given by:
to stop some cheats such as wall hack, it would be nice to see the making of the physics and entity being tracked server-side and the server only telling a client what it needs to know
Thanks given by:
Marreira Wrote:AC is not a game just for fun
Take a step back and tell yourself: AC is only about fun. What you do with AC to achieve that fun is up to you. When "fun" is no longer the end goal for you, it's time to take a breath and re-think the game. Though I think I see what you mean: The competition, and trying your best, and improving, are also fun.

@JMM:
I love the idea of having shell-by-shell reload for shotgun. This way reload time can be a bit shorter, unless you want to fully reload the weapon. I remember reading a similar idea for it where you can interrupt the reload process. That would definitely make an interesting variable.
As for the assault rifle, now that it has 20 rounds per mag, I'd be hard-pressed to agree that we need to "make up for the slight lack of firepower." AR is the only weapon I have trouble defending against. Getting hit with a barrage of even just 5 rounds with that accuracy at that range is a constantly-repeating reminder that "You got fragged by DES|Godsmack" means the same as "AR has no lack of firepower."

...Or "Godsmack has no lack of skill," not sure which.
Thanks given by:
DES|V-Man
Quote:Take a step back and tell yourself: AC is only about fun. What you do with AC to achieve that fun is up to you. When "fun" is no longer the end goal for you, it's time to take a breath and re-think the game. Though I think I see what you mean: The competition, and trying your best, and improving, are also fun.

Sure, any game was made for fun. But from the moment when it loses competitiveness, the game itself loses its luster and becomes a matter of course, without emotion.

Thanks given by:
(03 Nov 10, 02:32PM)DES|V-Man Wrote: As for the assault rifle, now that it has 20 rounds per mag, I'd be hard-pressed to agree that we need to "make up for the slight lack of firepower." AR is the only weapon I have trouble defending against. Getting hit with a barrage of even just 5 rounds with that accuracy at that range is a constantly-repeating reminder that "You got fragged by DES|Godsmack" means the same as "AR has no lack of firepower."
I meant the old AR - yes, the new AR has plenty of oomph, what I meant it make it weaker (i.e. more like it was in 1.0) and then throw in some extras, not give the new pwnrifle a nade launcher too and then be done with it. I sorta thought of it because all the whining about the new AR being overpowered.

Like someone said (I forget who), it can be pretty hard to make the AR and SMG "different" enough for them to have a purpose in this game. I think this was a discussion about the random spread... if you take that out, the only practical way to balance these two guns is firepower (dmg/rof) and recoil, and, well, recoil isn't really a good way to balance the guns. If the AR was made weaker again and given some kinda cool feature to make up for it, you could play around with the SMG a little more and perhaps reduce the oh-so-much-hated random spread without making it too much like the AR (I think I already mentioned this).
Thanks given by: