osok.pwnz.org servers now on dedicated hosting - 12 and 20 slot
Oops, my bad -- I said that we were on a VPS on the dedicated server which we are, in fact, not, and never were. We are on a full-blown, dedicated server with no virtualization layers. Yay!

Hi all,

The osok.pwnz.org server you may have seen around lately was on a home connection but is now running on a friend's dedicated offsite server. We have a 100Mb connection and more than adequate local resources. Obviously this means that we can now provide better, faster, more reliable service, as well as a 12-slot and a 20-slot server, the top two results when the AC community was asked how many players they like in their T/OSOK.

The 12-slot server is at osok.pwnz.org 2012.
The 20-slot server is at osok.pwnz.org 2020.

We have a website with some information and stuff at http://osok.pwnz.org/

Easy, huh?

Thanks for reading.

GL&HF

Server at osok.kicks-ass.net 8020 (stays at latest version) will be down until further notice. Lost power/internet connection; unknown when it will be up. Just a quick notice for those interested.
Thanks given by:
D: ok
Thanks given by:
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Thanks given by:
Updated OP
Thanks given by:
Yes let's kick ass in tosok now

Would prefer ctf *cough* but this is excellent as well.
Thanks given by:
Heh. The resources are definitely there if a CTF (or any mode) dedi is needed to run it as well, but I got the impression that there were already enough CTF or general-use servers. I mainly wanted to provide a server dedicated to T/OSOK that was properly configured to do only T/OSOK so that it wouldn't be one of those servers that would have been always T/OSOK if people didn't keep voting it to other modes. :P Is there some real need for a CTF-only server?
Thanks given by:
(24 Feb 11, 12:29AM)Jack Wrote: -snip-
Is there some real need for a CTF-only server?

Yes. Definitely.
Thanks given by:
Can you elaborate? :P
Especially in regards to what's wrong with the dozens of pubs I see on the list. I mainly play T/OSOK so I might not be up on the deficiencies elsewhere. :P
Thanks given by:
I see a need for a multi-mode dedicated custom map server. In pubs I mostly enjoy custom maps now-adays.
* Ronald_Reagan <3s jamz
Thanks given by:
Put up a pistol frenzy server. Don't worry, it won't eat up all your bandwidth.
Thanks given by: