Poll: How many users do you prefer on T/OSOK?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I like all 20
22.50%
9 22.50%
No more than 18
7.50%
3 7.50%
2.50%
1 2.50%
5.00%
2 5.00%
15.00%
6 15.00%
I don't care / play T/OSOK / I have some other opinion
47.50%
19 47.50%
Total 40 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How many users max do you like on a T/OSOK?
Regardless of map, what's the maximum users you like on a T/OSOK?
Thanks given by:
You forgot 0, at least if it's desert or douze ;)
Thanks given by:
Max is 6.
Thanks given by:
i prefer a nice 5 on 5 TOSOK.
anything more than a 7 on 7 gets too crowded for me. if i was there at the start of the game, fine, but i wont join a busy game.

EDIT: Having said that, it is more people to teabag...hmmm
Thanks given by:
Osok: 2-4
Tosok: no more than 4 vs 4

AC was designed with low player numbers in mind. If I were the sole boss, we'd have maxclients 10 ;)
Thanks given by:
(17 Feb 11, 11:49PM)makkE Wrote: AC was designed with low player numbers in mind. If I were the sole boss, we'd have maxclients 10 ;)

F1
Thanks given by:
Quote:How many users do you prefer on T/OSOK?

All of them
Thanks given by:
20 for team
12 and under for normal
Thanks given by:
(17 Feb 11, 11:49PM)makkE Wrote: Osok: 2-4
Tosok: no more than 4 vs 4

AC was designed with low player numbers in mind. If I were the sole boss, we'd have maxclients 10 ;)

makkE for boss
Thanks given by:
+1 on the maxclients 10 thing, I know a lot of people will object but most (not all) servers are not capable of actually providing smooth gameplay with their current maxclient limit.
Thanks given by:
I don't think there should be a maxclient limit at 10. Though some overloaded servers are a problem, cutting the maxclient in half would be like using a chainsaw to cut a birthday cake. fortunately, there is a much better way to do it: start playing on servers that have a limit that fits them. As for the gameplay argument, if you like playing with <10 players, find a server with that limit, and use it.
Though it might be good overall, it would create a lot of unnecessary collateral damage.
Thanks given by:
(18 Feb 11, 12:56AM)Bukz Wrote: +1 on the maxclients 10 thing, I know a lot of people will object but most (not all) servers are not capable of actually providing smooth gameplay with their current maxclient limit.

Oh no they're really not. I had a look at that server guide PDF and it turns out I'm somewhat under what I should have to run a 20-slot. Never looked bad from my end though. I'm looking to cut it down, maybe around the mid-low teens at the lowest. It's really odd though, because I've been entirely full, over twice what the bandwidth chart in the server guide says I should have for my upload speed, and rarely noticed any issues. If I cut down to 18 or 16 I never see anything wrong. I'm hoping to get an idea of what the community wants. Thanks for the answers so far. :)
Thanks given by:
A compromise of 14 would be good I think, the problem is that a lot of the "currently" populated servers are ones with a higher maxclient limit than it can handle. Also, there really are no official maps that play smoothly on a 10v10, none of them were built to comfortably hold that many players and honestly I don't think AC was ever intended for that many players on a server at the same time.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, it doesn't seem like it was.

Someone said this about douze, but I find it true in any overcrowded T/OSOK:

1. Spawn
2. Die
3. Wait for 3 guys to finish

I know I sometimes like a full 20, and I know a lot of people do, and god knows the servers with 20 slots always on T/OSOK are popular, but I want to do this research so that I know what everyone wants, not what the loudest voices want. :)

I was considering 14 but wasn't sure about it. Since you say so I will give it a trial. :D
Thanks given by:
yeah, 14-16 is probably a reasonable limit, but there is no reason to force that on server owners.
I remember when i first started playing AC, i loved 10v10 on douze, because it was absolute mayhem. Also, the high amount of players makes it easier for inexperienced players to get more kills, which keeps them into the game while they get better.
Thanks given by:
@Lantry: If the devs want to define sane limits on their masterserver on their own game it's really up to them, it's never "forcing" in the sense that you use it because server owners always have the ability to use "-m localhost" and do whatever they please.
Thanks given by:
Well yeah, but then you can't reasonably run a public server. If they cut down the maxclients it's not going to stop anyone, but they won't be on the main list which defeats the purpose for many.

I do like the mayhem and high kill number too. :P Fun times.
Thanks given by:
That's understandable, I wonder why they ever decided on 20 to begin with knowing that the game was not really meant for that many. :/
Thanks given by:
i say 5v5 is a good TOSOK amount :)
Thanks given by:
(18 Feb 11, 01:47AM)Bukz Wrote: That's understandable, I wonder why they ever decided on 20 to begin with knowing that the game was not really meant for that many. :/

they probably wanted to set it high, just to allow for some leeway and personal choice. also, it could be partly arbitrary, as you don't really know how well a map or server will handle large amounts of players until you actually try it out.
Thanks given by:
I'm an 8v8 guy, for some reason.
Thanks given by:
0 haha jks :seriousface
Thanks given by:
10/10 is great =)
Thanks given by:
not more than 8
Thanks given by:
5v5
Also, douze seems to have become less over-voted now.
The real problem is RIFLE CAMPER!
It's been a while since my serverlist has been missing some variety of [email protected]_etc_etc_etc
Sorry bout the offtopic :)
Thanks given by:
My dreams of 64 players a splode...

Kind of like the other half of the team would from the people left-clicking to spawn.
Thanks given by:
I dont like any gamemode on any map with more than 14 players
Thanks given by:
(17 Feb 11, 10:17PM)Jack Wrote: Regardless of map, [...]

Regardless of the weather, would will you wear tomorrow?
Thanks given by:
(19 Feb 11, 04:14PM)Mr.Floppy Wrote:
(17 Feb 11, 10:17PM)Jack Wrote: Regardless of map, [...]

Regardless of the weather, would will you wear tomorrow?

probably a hoodie and jeans, like every other day.
but i see your point.
Thanks given by:
I do also.

I really just wanted to avoid "Oh well I like this many on desert and this many on douze and this many on this and that" because I'm interested in what people might want as a server capacity for T/OSOK in general even if it's hard to pick a single one.
Thanks given by: