akimbo.in
akimbo seems to be really screwed. Even if I add the IP to /etc/hosts, browser will go to akimbo (which I can see, because the title changes), and then, it seems to an HTML redirect to:

fileinxt.com/?dn=www.akimbo.in&fp=tyL7sVuakWTiAoELGIaXURjQMdT8G9o13vfzlMd3OPqze7V0dY%2Bde1SDEaurF3F0v3cna9XY1Y3zVwUsyWbHyQ%3D%3D&prvtof=zzGijtYJ5M3rKwFhGKtfgJUfPtDPumqFUU4aTphoG7BiCLHRSV1cGWjBt4gko2PE&poru=6HCGx7hkygYIMHSiTHIgQXKjQYsKrOP186arD83lghnf2RI0Ct6gHKBQHviYbOPCFt%2BCi%2FGMyrRQLn%2B2KxFb3EdTlwYQu81DbjvorRNq6HA%3D&cifr=1&flrdr=yes&nxte=js

.. something really weird is going on.
Thanks given by:
If I change "network.http.redirection-limit" to "0" in firefox's about:config, the site will come up fine, so there is definitely an HTML redirect there somewhere...
Thanks given by:
so what is your question?

akimbo is awoiefh;iansidklnf;abweksflanskedfbawoebfl;ansebawef[haps[iefbawefasodfb at the moment :S
Thanks given by:
I don’t have any insight into this issue. I think only Rytis can answer these issues or resolve them? It would be great to see it sorted. It’s a real shame to see Akimbo become a little neglected over the past year.

A little background about Akimbo. Rytis generously hosts the site but doesn’t get involved for his own reasons and again I wouldn't know if he will be doing anything about this? I just pay for the domain name and fix peoples posts. Mr Floppy generously provides hours of much needed feedback and guidance to many people who post.

The site is formally owned by DES|Cleaner but he rarely pays it any attention and so our hands are tied about making any decisions about its development.
Thanks given by:
Just a speculation, but could it be those guys who tried that infected AC-client episode?
Thanks given by:
no it is a server issue cross. somebody didnt pay their dues... :S
Thanks given by:
oh, disregard my nooby speculation then
Thanks given by:
http://akimbo.in works perfectly fine for me, no redirects or anything.
Thanks given by:
same here, now.
Thanks given by:
i get http://www2.searchresultsdirect.com/park...8c61fdcd3b
Thanks given by:
Everything is fine here :)
Thanks given by:
I cant get the site to load, even if I change the redirection limit to 0.
Thanks given by:
Doesn't work for me.
Thanks given by:
try http://www.akimbo.in it works when normal http://akimbo.in doesn't
Thanks given by:
fo 'sho Shorty.
Thanks given by:
y not use a free webhost such as zymic or others so no one has to pay for a domain, i know you have to use sub domains like 99x. or zymic. etc. but i mean if it makes it easier for someone, then i dont see why not.
Thanks given by:
Because nothing (!) is for free in this world and we don't want to have akimbo flooded with silly advertisement or even the domain name to be advertising itself.
Thanks given by:
Assaultcube is free :)
Thanks given by:
(30 Oct 10, 10:11AM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: Because nothing (!) is for free in this world and we don't want to have akimbo flooded with silly advertisement or even the domain name to be advertising itself.

it doesnt have ads, and you can have dif sub domains, i use zymic and works great for me , my sub domain is clanteam, that isnt advertising the host.

it would be nice if people would stop putting down ideas and see it as someone trying to put in good input.

and yes the zymic host is all FREE, no ads, or anything like that. and there are other host sites that are free(not many but a few) also that have dif subdomains if the ones zymic provides, arent liked. and before you say something zymic isnt one of those sites that are flooded with crap i do my research before i use something. http://www.zymic.com/ its not that bad.

just trying to help. ( im talking about akimbo)
Thanks given by:
Zymic doesn't have nearly enough disk space and bandwidth for akimbo, if you're going to be a file hosting site.
Since you already have a good host(er) but not a good domain, try a different domain? I assume you are paying for the .in, but there are alternatives like .net .org .info (I hear it's cheap).
Thanks given by:
(31 Oct 10, 02:31AM)Gibstick Wrote: Zymic doesn't have nearly enough disk space and bandwidth for akimbo, if you're going to be a file hosting site.
Since you already have a good host(er) but not a good domain, try a different domain? I assume you are paying for the .in, but there are alternatives like .net .org .info (I hear it's cheap).

i didnt know how much space was needed for akimbo. i know ipage, for a year with .net etc. is 43$ for a year

Thanks given by:
(30 Oct 10, 07:34PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: Assaultcube is free :)

Arg... You got me there. I feel quite ashamed I didn't see this coming. :P

However, it's plain common sense that the prime motivation of providing net services is earning money, leaving out the OS communities of course. If you don't have to pay yourself, then it's more likely to be financed by some way of advertisement or it's a beta-state system which may require payings sooner or later once it will run stable.

A lot of 'free' services even clearly state that the service may require payings someday along their "General Terms and Conditions Act".

@Joe Smith

I'm sorry that I didn't reply appropriatly, since of course all help is welcome. I didn't mean to sound that harsh and make you take this personally. It's only I see nothing but warn sings whenever things seem too good to be true. Especially when a company is offering something...
Thanks given by:
(31 Oct 10, 04:57PM)Mr.Floppy Wrote:
(30 Oct 10, 07:34PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: Assaultcube is free :)

Arg... You got me there. I feel quite ashamed I didn't see this coming. :P

However, it's plain common sense that the prime motivation of providing net services is earning money, leaving out the OS communities of course. If you don't have to pay yourself, then it's more likely to be financed by some way of advertisement or it's a beta-state system which may require payings sooner or later once it will run stable.

A lot of 'free' services even clearly state that the service may require payings someday along their "General Terms and Conditions Act".

@Joe Smith

I'm sorry that I didn't reply appropriatly, since of course all help is welcome. I didn't mean to sound that harsh and make you take this personally. It's only I see nothing but warn sings whenever things seem too good to be true. Especially when a company is offering something...

Its all good, and i know what you mean "It's only I see nothing but warn sings whenever things seem too good to be true. Especially when a company is offering something..."
Thanks given by: