Mod developement team: need people.
Hi all! I'm writing this because as a lot of you know: I like very much modding AC. The thing is I have a lot of ideas, and motivation, but the only problem is I need a team to help me to realise my project. I'm only mapper / modder / texturer / scripter (just a little). So I need someone who have skill in C++, to can create more powerfull mods. I need some other mappers / modders or graphic creators too, to can do complete and diversify mods.
I already realised and developed mod with own dev team like "CarbonMod" with Ironzorg, started to creat a "ZombieMod" with Ironzorg too (but He leaved AC), and i developed a "CS clone mod"(No public) on 0.92 with Tra$h_pc long time ago. I really loved the ambience between us, so I think that's again possible to re-creat this with other member of the actual active communty!

In conclusion what I need is:

- Serious people (who don't leave project 2weeks after to have started it)

- Coder(s) (with a minimum of skill)

- Gfx modder(s)

- Mapper(s)

- 3D Modder(s)

- (Website creator)

- Web hoster (for servers/ custom masterservers...)

=> The general idea is to creat a "Mods Developement" Team (see that like a proffesional videogame develepoment industry), based on AssaultCube (principal) and Cube engines(optionaly) wich will offer great mods to the AssaultCube Community. The team will have official website, with all developed mods, news about developements etc.

So if you think you can help in what I said, please post reply here, explain in what you can help, and I will contact you (please give email if possible).

If that's possible to creat this team, We will start with a little project, to start easily, and show to yourself and to the community than making cool project together is possible! (and maybe to give motivation to some of talentued creator of this community to join us to make bigger project :p)

Peace, your dear and original Deathstar!
Thanks given by:
You have my personal support.

I am sad for Ironzorg have left the community.... but this is the end of all contributors, because or they cannot continue to contribute due to real life responsibilities, or their work is not recognized (what is a shame, imo), or they face community struggles and get pissed, or a combination of all these.
Thanks given by:
I have real life cresponsabilities too and that's difficult to take time for AC, but winter is coming I will have more time for :) thanks you brahma for your support :)
Thanks given by:
(19 Oct 10, 07:59AM)|aCKa|Deathstar Wrote: I have real life cresponsabilities too and that's difficult to take time for AC, but winter is coming I will have more time for :) thanks you brahma for your support :)

I would like to help you but I want to finish my mod first :p
Thanks given by:
I can map alright. Havnt done it for ages though.
Get Mr.Floppy hes good at everything ;)
Thanks given by:
I know C++ fairly well, but I've never really done any games development so IDK if I'd be able to do any "powerful" mods. But I'll give this some thought - right now I'm busy with IRL stuff.
Thanks given by:
(19 Oct 10, 08:27AM)Luc@s Wrote:
(19 Oct 10, 07:59AM)|aCKa|Deathstar Wrote: I have real life cresponsabilities too and that's difficult to take time for AC, but winter is coming I will have more time for :) thanks you brahma for your support :)

I would like to help you but I want to finish my mod first :p

What mod are you doing!? you can join the dev' team, and finish your mod similary :) maybe we can help you in your mod too :)

$hield: Can you show some maps from you?
and about Mr.Floppy, when i'm talking about strong developer, i'm talking about this style of community member (like a_slow_old_man too):D I hope he will read this thread! :)
Thanks given by:
(see lasts posts, the beginning of the thread is outdated) :
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-946.html
Thanks given by:
Well, I only know amateur level C++, so I can't do much code-wise.

But I do have 900MB of free space (out of a total of 1GB) left in my hosting account so I can lend plenty of web space. :)

I could also work on Wordpress themes if you want as well.
Thanks given by:
I can help for mapping? :)
Thanks given by:
I can offer you website + hosting :)
like: www.denbeke.be/ac-board
You can contact me @ mathias [at] fragmasterclan [dot] com
Thanks given by:
Well, that sounds good, but at the moment I'm afraid I have absolutely no time left to spend on 'bigger' projects.

Once you've got a homepage/forum feel free to PM me about it and I'll keep an eye on it for sure! :)
Thanks given by:
Im in , after im done with the "Real Assault"
Thanks given by:
link to last project:
http://carbonmod.co.nr/

PS:
It would be great get code for accuracy from carbonmod
Thanks given by:
give me work in coding or mapping and i will do it, but i don't have too much time, i code in job a whole day, next i code some homeworks to university and rest time i give family, sports etc. , if you will know what you want, give me request
Thanks given by:
Id be willing to help with mapping. :)
Thanks given by:
I'm not good at any point besides the website thing and the seriousness... This last one will work for sure if this will get serious :)
Thanks given by:
MathiasB:
I liked you works, maybe you can creat more complete version and show me!?

Andrez:
Can you show me what you know to do in website stuffs!?

[aCKa] k1ll3r:
Thanks for your help, if website creator do not have space to host it and/or if we need some space to upload some mods, your free space can really help us ;)

Alien:
I don't get too much time too, between: work, tattooing, graffiti, girls etc.. :p but if we work a little almost everyday, we can creat cool stuff, we just have to get "Good Team Mind". If We need maps for mods, we will need your help for sure :)

Mr Floppy:
As I said to alien, we all have problem of time, but if we all take 1h sometimes to help for modding project we can have good result :) and as i said, the first mod this team will do, will be a little project, a kind of "mod test" :) But When we have website, we will contact you for sure, because you are very good element !!! :D

WHAT WE NEED:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) Website:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- homepage (presentation of our team)

- News page (kind of blog)

- Creation page (regroup all of our stuffs)
# Complete Mods (list of all mod, with an own page for all of the mods)
# Little mods (skining, little gfx stuffs, etc.)
# Mapping (will show best maps we can make :D )

- Contacts and credits page.

- Forum page (principaly private part, to creat projects, share files etc.)

ps: we need easy control pannel to can update easily the website ;)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

when this is done (not need to be finish) show me a preview of the website.
ps: if you don't have graphic stuffs on the website that's ok, just use colors to remplace images or very simple pictures(like "banner here") and website need to be dark please, black is nice background color. If there is no graphic stuff we will creat it after the coding time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2) RECRUITMENT: REFERENCES FOR WHO WANT TO BE IN THE TEAM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A lot of people said "I wan't to help you!" but didn't showed what they do
so please, send screenshots of what you do! We need people with a minimum
of level and experience (for mapping for exemple), so we have to judge if you
get creative competences to can build something with us. thanks

You have to join email adress where I can contact you too (MSN is better if you can!)

ps: if we say you, you don't have level for the moment, train more, creat more
, try to do the best you can and show us again :) thanks you!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks given by:
(19 Oct 10, 11:30PM)[aCKa]Deathstar Wrote: Andrez:
Can you show me what you know to do in website stuffs!?

http://assaultcube.altervista.org/

It was made by using a CMS called gpEasy (this means I have just edited the content and part of the layout) but it has all the requirements you are looking for: a blog can be implemented, really clean URLs, easy as hell to update and manage, and also, it does not require a MySQL database.

Now I'm off to go to bed, but tomorrow I'll show you a scratch of what could be the team's website, by using this CMS of course.

Thanks given by:
Feel free to PM me any questions about CubeScript.
Or go to gamesurge #cubescript IRC channel.
Thanks given by:
Oh, just FYI, don't be fooled by the current theme of my website. I am a little to busy this week to do a theme for you, but this work is a testament to what I can handle.

http://beta.leezh.net/
Thanks given by:
deathstar, i wanted similar. infact i have similar but we tend to do our own stuff, some of it is group work.. the more people i meet and talk to the more i push some ideas.

you should PM me, i want to know more. i can offer various stuff
Thanks given by:
i would like to help out, maybe as a mapper but i am busy with school (and exams soon). So sadly i wont really be able to do anything till December
Thanks given by:
Andrez: ok i'm waiting you show me!!! :D
I think you will join the team. where can I have your email adress to can contact you!? If I like the thing you will show me, I think You will be our web creator :D!
ps: Maybe to includ blog part, we can ask to the MathiasB to work on his platform!?

MathiasB: read what i wrote on andrez answer!!!

LeezH: a little too simple for the moment, I know thats just the begining , you said me ;).
I think you will be better element for 3D stuffs and Hosting, but if you want develop beta version of your website and show me, maybe it will me awesome!!! :)

Blue_pr!nt:
Say me here what style of stuffs you can offer us!? after that I will PM you :)

XFA: We have time, contact us in december, when our team will be more founded ;)

Thanks given by:
Hey Deathstar :P

may i join your team :)?
Thanks given by:
I want to help you in mapping! ;)

ac_sanctuary
[Image: 20100610.jpg]

ac_sylang
[Image: 20101020.jpg]

ac_warfare
[Image: 20101021.jpg]

ac_swamp
[Image: 20101022.jpg]

I'm always on w00p's teamspeak (Luc@s too :P)
My e-mail : [email protected] (i sometimes go on)
Im often on Skype : |oNe|.ExodusS*
And never on MSN

Thanks given by:
If you want to see what I did... read my thread :P
Thanks given by:
I would like to help you guys, but I just don't have the time ^^

If you need help with a model or with textures etc. feel free to PM me, I'll try to help you :)
Thanks given by:
(20 Oct 10, 04:03PM)[aCKa]Deathstar Wrote: Andrez: ok i'm waiting you show me!!! :D
I think you will join the team. where can I have your email adress to can contact you!? If I like the thing you will show me, I think You will be our web creator :D!
ps: Maybe to includ blog part, we can ask to the MathiasB to work on his platform!?

http://andrezweb.altervista.org/test/modteam/

Yeah, nothing much different from the other I showed before, but everything can be edited at anytime.

For the blog, there is already a blog implemented (see the News page), but if you prefere you can make an external one with Wordpress, that's a choice of yours :)

By the way, my e-mail: [email protected]

PS: just an idea, why not calling it "AssaultCube Garage"? :D
Thanks given by:
ANDREZ: I Think you website is good! we have to work a little more on!
I added you on msn, you will see my email is guillaumeprost75...... ! see you soon!
we will talk about website on messenger, that's better. thanks again.
The name you found is fun, but maybe dont stuck too much because is too much axed on AC mod, maybe we will realise mod on AC engine, but completely different, you see what i mean!? I think for the name we will see later :D

EXODUSS:
Man i liked too much your maps. So OK you join the team!!!!!!! :)

SLOW_OLD_MAN: I understand. thanks you, i will contact you if I need (ms: I heard you wanted to creat WWII mod! what about developing it together when you have time!?)

LUC@S: Give me a link of the thread please! :)

SNAKE_EYE: can you show me some pics of what you made!?

ACTUAL RECRUITED MEMBERS:

- Alien
- Andrez
- Leezh
- ExodusS

[ more soon ... ]
Thanks given by: