Mod developement team: need people.
i just made a map for instance that i think is pretty dang good, i can help with any 3d mapping u need, just tell me wat u need, i either no how to do it or know someone who does, ive been playing for over a year now and dont intend to leave if it means bettering an already awsome game
Thanks given by:
if you creat some stuff, show what you do, don't just say "i made good map", show it!
Thanks given by:
I made a mumble server for our Dev Team and you're all invited:
Server Name: AC MoDs Team
Adress: voip.roxservers.com
Port: 64742
Thanks given by:
Ok, besides the name what do we need?
We have a forum, a potential website and a team, and also, I already have a project in mind...
Thanks given by:
WHAT WE HAVE TO DO:

0) find a name

1) let's all creat account on the forum and developping the forum a little more.
(can you give the right url please, because a lot of people sent me forum adress...)

2) let's talk on our forum about what we do!

2bis) let's work on website :)

3) let's do our first little mod.

ps: I have idea for little mod too.. we will talk about on our forum.
Thanks given by:
think it would be best if the forums are kept secret?
so if Andrez perhaps PM'd us all with the URL rather than posting it here.
Thanks given by:
This? http://www.acka.tk/vanilla/
Anyway, the best way is to make it public, BUT with some private sections for us... I think it can be done with Vanilla.
Thanks given by:
I think it should stay private (for us) and we just make a public part for people who want to join the team. because all news & stuffs will be on our website! what do you think about it? :)
Thanks given by:
blablabla
DO SOMETHING! xD
Thanks given by:
we are working on, but the first organisation is not very easy :) in some days our forum is okay and our website gonna be in beta :)
Thanks given by:
(27 Oct 10, 03:15PM)a_slow_old_man Wrote: blablabla
DO SOMETHING! xD

(27 Oct 10, 03:18PM)[aCKa]Deathstar Wrote: we are working on, but the first organisation is not very easy :) in some days our forum is okay and our website gonna be in beta :)
Yeah, we should start to use that one instead of a single thread :D

Anyway, is the website supposed to be the one I made or do you want to upload all that stuff in some other host?

In the first case Deathstar, I'll send you user and password so that you can edit :)
Thanks given by:
send the website link again please! and yes send me the passwords :) for the hosting, maybe we can ask to LeeZH?
Thanks given by:
all in group Deathstar are administrators at that forum, be free to create forum sections, i still need that name of mod, i will create then dns and apache redirect
Thanks given by:
>> Alien:

Thanks you.
I made some test and....
I really don't like vanilla, that's not complete, we need more complete platform. i can't do anything with admin control pannel. this is too much limited!!! I think we need to change the forum.
can you make one on the same platform than the aCKa forum please!? i really like the acka forum!!! thanks
Thanks given by:
Meh , vanilla is simple and design , the old AC forum used it and it was really good!

[Image: 1_AllDiscussions.__large_preview.jpg]
Thanks given by:
At this point if you don't want to use Vanilla, I'd suggest PunBB, FluxBB or MyBB. This last one (the one currently used here) is the most complete. I don't recommend phpBB...
Thanks given by:
i want something, wich can do category, and subcategory, vanilla is too much b attleground for my, there is topic everywhere and the controlpannel sucks
Thanks given by:
MyBB ;)
Thanks given by:
FluxBB is pretty amazing, IMO. As for vanilla... which vanilla? The new one seems to be really solid (Vanilla 2, garden, or whatever they call it).
Thanks given by:
FluxBB with the reCAPTCHA patch makes an excellent forum. It's pretty light yet it doesn't feel like anything is missing.

But just out of curiosity, Andrez, what's makes you hate phpBB so badly? I've tested it once and it doesn't seem that bad.
Thanks given by:
It isn't an actual hate... I loved phpBB back in the days when it was the most used BB platform, but nowadays it's just the last choice I would rely to. It looks like 'old' and outdated to me, also every board I told before is indeed better than it... ;)
Thanks given by:
Vanilla 2 has also reCaptcha i found it as good tool, i am missing it in phpBB3, i had to install some community tools

i will try FluxBB forum, it will be my first time :P
Thanks given by:
Do you know how many mods out there have a fancy forum, but not much else?
Get working, instead of worrying about what forum software to use! :P AC got it's first forum a year after it was released... Use IRC for dev things first - that way it's easier to see who's dedicated and who's just dreaming too ;) If you need a forum, just set one up quickly, and forget about what it is. Heck, even a blog would suffice to discuss the first stuff you need to discuss.
Thanks given by:
I have made an IRC and was dispersed on the private section of the Ac-mods forums.
Thanks given by:
Bukz knows why phpBB sucks! ;-)
Thanks given by:
makke: yeah right, but we need good base, to can don't care about it, when will be starting to creat mods... but we are doing it quickly!!! I think there is more motivation for our team, if we have good spaces to talk :)
Thanks given by:
deathstar , im already done so far :

[Image: 20101029_15.07.png]

Thanks given by:
snake eye you know to code too? looks nice, good job
Thanks given by:
:D , i made this with photoshop :D .

but thats my idea how to make it :)

edit:

but i think i could do this :) , atleast similar to this.
Thanks given by:
so this don't have place here, we are not in developing stade... we have firstly to finish our web and forum
Thanks given by: