mod Al Capone ?
Hello it's me again...

so, i am working on a mod that will maybe not interrest many of yours...

I know what ac want to be a realistic modern game.

I like it but i must say that i have more fun with non realistics games

so i learn how to model, how to make a animated md2, how to make move weapons with the guy, how to make textures and maps...

I want to try to make a mod for ac different of that we know.

the idea: years 1930, the camora has the control of distribution and fabrication of alcool, and some hard men try to jail al capone..

I want to remake all the environment of ac with a comic style.

i made the unforgetable Thompson with his "camembert" the round loader, for the subgun, the m1917 browning machine gun (very heavy weapon but...) the pack of dynamite for grenade.(i must frame it)

I will do the colt for pistol, 2 shots winchester with cut canon for shotgun and police staff for knife

the model using in ac can't work with what i want to do (i tryed to texture it, but the result is not that i want)

so, i make my own model and i will start to try to frame it...

i use milkshape since three or four weeks... it will be hard, but so let's try

if i obtain a good result, i will create maps and textures, mapmodels and else to create a comic old chicago univers.

so, no new maps for the moment

here are three screenshots of the model i want to frame: Emilio the gunner

[Image: gangster1.jpg]

[Image: gangster2.jpg]

[Image: gangster3.jpg]

i put him a thompson subgun for the photography

Boeuf
743 faces. is it too much ?

the model used by ac has 548 faces
Thanks given by:
Oh my god, he's fat
Thanks given by:
he looks so funny lawl
Thanks given by:
how many lifting did he makes?
Thanks given by:
the texture for the head is not really good for the moment

i just take 8 hours to make the model and the texture.

so, i have bone my gangster

and i look at the ac model in mdl to note all the frames.

i think that the die frames are the number 3: from 190 to 193

does ac use the frames named "flip" ?

is it a reload animation ?

do i need salut ? (frames 84-94)

and, does ac use all pain animation ?

can someone help me or is there a listing of frames used in ac somewhere ?

i looked in all the .cfg files, but diden't find (it's in the code ?)

help me obiwan developper, you are my only hope !

thank's for your answer
oh, just another if it not abuse: when we run in ac, we can fire, but there is no animation run/atack...

is there something to do ?

Thanks given by:
No, you can't have run+attack with such an ancient model format.

I am sorry, I can't tell you all used animations, you need to check the code for that (or have someone check it for you).

743 trangles should still be fine.

By the way.... "I know what ac want to be a realistic modern game." - you couldn't be more wrong :)

Thanks given by:
(17 Oct 10, 01:42AM)makkE Wrote: No, you can't have run+attack with such an ancient model format.

I am sorry, I can't tell you all used animations, you need to check the code for that (or have someone check it for you).

743 trangles should still be fine.

By the way.... "I know what ac want to be a realistic modern game." - you couldn't be more wrong :)

NICE !!! :)

i animated my guy and made a police skin for him. (so, now, when i test it in multiplayer, i will stop to kill friends, sorry for all that have killed by mistake.)

animation is not really hard when you understand how bones works... But a realistic run has been hard to do.

When you have your guy, it's easy to animate your weapon and make it more fine that with mdl: you can change your orientation for each frame and then have a special move to your weapon.

The machine gun browing has a rubber of ammos. i will try to make it move with the movement of the caracter...

i have a question: in fact, the model of sas used in ac is not totally adapted, why don't remade it and use the frames unused to have more realism ?

I tryed to bone it, that's not difficult. If developpers want me to do that, and give me the frames they want, i can take time to do it.

I have another question: what do we see when a plauyer use akimbo ? one or two pistols ?

i tryed to see it, but nothing...

thank's again for your help.

i created the winchester and i am working
Thanks given by:
There's only one pistol attached to the left hand actually, since the 'arm-positioning' is always the same, regardless what weapon is in use.
Thanks given by:
thank's Mr Floppy

i have the winchester, the browing, the thompson and the colt

i tryed to put an animated ammos rubber with the browning, but it's a great work to have a real cool movement and i will see it later.

i will remade the first view guns in md3.

is it an animated md3 ?

and then, do someone know how many frames and what to do ?

i saw that grenade have an animation, but the other weapons ?

if someone wants to try it, i can give a link to test the caracter model with a gun and two skins... (one "blue", one "red")

Thanks given by:
First person guns ("hudguns") have some automatic animations done by the engine.
That's 1) shooting and 2) reloading/switching. (just moving the gun out of the view and back in).

Some guns have extra animation: Knife slashing, greneade throwing, and the shotgun's pump motion after the shot. These animations are done in the model`s frames.
Thanks given by:
Hello again

i need a script:

the idea is to assign a random skin to each new player at start of game. (before the player eventually choose one)

is it possible ? can someone do that ?

the choice will for 7 or 8 diffrents skins for each team

thank's if someone can help
Thanks given by:
Skin changes with cubescript require a restart of AC :(
Wouldn't be too hard to modify the source for that.
Thanks given by:
start_intermission = [choisiskin]
alias choisiskin [skin (rnd 8)]
I believe this will work. I haven't tested it yet, but it looks pretty sound. If it fails, PM me or go on to IRC at #cubescript on gamesurge.net.

Btw, Gibstick is wrong.
Example http://forum.cubers.net/thread-461-post-...l#pid18036
Thanks given by:
Bah, I thought you meant on-the fly changes
Thanks given by:
Of course, you may not realize Boeuf, that this will only work for people who have the script installed.
Thanks given by:
(22 Oct 10, 03:44AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Of course, you may not realize Boeuf, that this will only work for people who have the script installed.

But if it's packaged with the mod ?

People will install it with, isen't it ?
Thanks given by:
Yes. It will work then. There will be some special packaging you would need to use I believe. Talk to me when the time comes.
Thanks given by:
some of the skins for al capone's friends and weapons (Thompson subgun, Colt, Dynamite, Browning m1917 machine gun, Winchester...

[Image: prohib1.jpg]
Bosco The Bishop, Emilo The Gunner, Rosco The Don, Luigi "Scarface" Dynamite, Ryley The Mad
Thanks given by:
:D
Boef, you are amazing.
<3
Thanks given by:
Question:

can a script be writing in the md2.cfg file ?

for example:
if team=rvsf then md2load hatrvsf
else md2load hatcla

(it is not a code, but i think that scripters or developpers will understand qhat i mean)

i need to have 1 different hat for each team to diffenreciate them.

else i can maybe have a skin with two hats: when rvsf then the part of skin for cla is transparent and reverse for cla. the md2 file will so have the two models, one will have transparent skin and the other will be visible cause not transparent.

md2 could use .png skin ?

am i understandable ?

question 2: what is the tag_head in md2.cfg ?

tag for sound icon ?

how does it work ?

thank's for answer.

i need testers for my model, if someone wants to try it, i will be pleased

oh, one more question:

if you render the scope picture all transparent, you still have an hexagonal form that appears.

Is it possible to not have it ?

for my sniper riffle, i want to have only the tube of the gun and the visor (imagine sniper riffle without scope system, just two visors)

thank's again !
Thanks given by:
oh, i am looking for a .wav/.ogg transformer...

Thanks given by:
Audacity
Thanks given by:
It's all free ;)

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
Thanks given by:
:)

i already use audacity for light work, using more Cubase, but i diden't see that it save in .ogg format

thank's !
Thanks given by:
I believe all playermodel cfg files are loaded once (not each time you change teams). This makes it difficult to have different playermodels for different teams.

If you want testers, just post a zip file of your mod and let people give their feedback here! :D
Thanks given by:
zip will come soon, i finish all md3 weapons. pickups are good, and i have a little work on environment.

Thanks given by:
It looks like "find a coder" (or learn to code) is the best answer to all your questions.

Just go on making models and other media. If you have lots cool stuff to show, it will help in finding a coder.
Thanks given by: