Alive and henrrike Reconnecting
Hey AC people.
I want stop the reconnecting in AC.
Today I picked one demo where alive and henrike were reconnecting.
Could you ban them?

Henrike ip: 187.15.***
Alive ip: check logs

Demo availabled here: http://www.mediafire.com/?6wydlb2n2lg6n9x
Thanks given by:
Henrike ip: 187.15.128.35
Its so freaking annoying.
Kicked him a lot but he returns and keeps it up even if i told him to stop.
Only ban keeps him of server for some minutes.

Edit: His name is henrrike. 2 R's
Thanks given by:
They not the only ones and lots of times the reconnectors are the ones with shitty ping, bringing an unnecessary lag to servers. Maybe a feature on server side to make unable to reconnect for a whole game after one disconnects and comes back 3 times in a roll?
Thanks given by:
I tried this in previous mods (deny connection for some time after a disconnection), but other players found this extremely annoying.

Maybe we can fix that in client side, with a friendly message: "sorry, but you cannot reconnect so fast"
Thanks given by:
(13 Oct 10, 05:13PM)Brahma Wrote: I tried this in previous mods (deny connection for some time after a disconnection), but other players found this extremely annoying.

Maybe we can fix that in client side, with a friendly message: "sorry, but you cannot reconnect so fast"

define what is a "fast re-connections"
after 3 "fast re-connections", the server denies any other attempt of fast reconnection.

Anyway, we should have a spawn time even for 1st spawn imho
Thanks given by:
Spawn time for first spawn is reasonable, you have time to check out your team and whats going on. Good idea actually.
Thanks given by:
(13 Oct 10, 05:59PM)Luc@s Wrote: Anyway, we should have a spawn time even for 1st spawn imho

There you go, much better than block re-connections!
Thanks given by:
(13 Oct 10, 05:59PM)Luc@s Wrote: after 3 "fast re-connections", the server denies any other attempt of fast reconnection.
Anyway, we should have a spawn time even for 1st spawn imho

Good idea... also, all players need to way 5 seconds to spawn after some game time.
Thanks given by:
If the flag bug and the item-list bug have both been fixed, then there is no longer any need for a reconnect, unless there remains some other legitimate reason for reconnecting which I am unaware of.

Possible solutions:
1) What Luc@s said -- have a spawn countdown between connecting and the first spawn.
2) When the server saves stats, have it also save stats such as whether you were alive when you disconnected, and if so, how much health (and armor and ammo) you had.
3) If the above are not feasible, denying a reconnect attempt for a small amount of time (maybe during the intended 5-second nap) will hinder the spawntime advantage.
4) As Brahma proposed before, adding a death for each time you disconnect and reconnect should hinder the death-avoiders, though it would hurt those who merely lag out from time to time.
5) Honestly, it's not too much trouble to vote-ban people who disrupt the game by using this exploit. Probably that's all that is needed. And if it doesn't bother people in the game, so be it.
Thanks given by:
I agree with all points.
1) In the first reconnection = nothing happens
2) In the second reconnection (same game) = add one death, force to wait 7 seconds to spawn
3) In the third and more reconnections (same game) = add one death, force to wait 10 seconds to spawn

I think 10 seconds is a huge time.
What about this?
Thanks given by:
2) Only add one death if the player was alive before?
Thanks given by:
I think on second and maybe even third connection you should only have your normal 5-second wait, after that add a death and extra waiting time (7 and 10 sound reasonable for 4th and 4th & more).

Also, I assume that regardless of how many times you have reconnected, you don't actually get an extra death if you're dead, just an (extended) wait? So deaths only for death-avoiders.
Thanks given by:
Ah! I love constructive discussion... this forum is missing this.

Well.... if the guy is already dead, he gains nothing in reconnecting (he will need to wait 5 seconds to respawn after a reconnection). So I agree with Gibstick... Also, I would add if the player is lagging, he also would not receive any penalty.

So, I think it is a good start to put these penalties (+1 death and extra spawn time after the third reconnection) if the guy is not dead nor lagging.
Thanks given by:
I really like this new idea btw.

I'd also have a cut off where the guy gets banned, maybe 10 reconnects or something. Of course you would have the server warning them beforehand. Like;
5 reconnects
Quote:Server: Hey man, whats wrong?
7 reconnects
Quote:Server: Should I be taking this personally?
9 reconnects
Quote:Server: Warning, reconnect limit almost reached!
10 reconnects
Quote:Server: Sorry, you reconnected too many times, you are now banned for 20 minutes, good bye!

I think this idea is really good.
Thanks given by:
Except the cocky server messages xD
Thanks given by:
I would reconnect 7 times just for that message.
Thanks given by:
I would ban you after 3 so 7 you never get up to.
Thanks given by:
I'd ban after 2 - not much of a believer in three strikes
Thanks given by:
I like Lucas idea. Every first spawn there should be a waiting time.
Thanks given by:
(15 Oct 10, 01:39PM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: I would ban you after 3 so 7 you never get up to.

(15 Oct 10, 07:33PM)NUCKChorris Wrote: I'd ban after 2 - not much of a believer in three strikes

Awww. </3
Thanks given by:
Really, the idea remains. It doesn't matter how many reconnects you can get up to, it doesn't matter. Maybe make it a server switch.
Thanks given by:
and what if the player with certain score of death/kills disconnect for skip the respawn time, but then namechanges and reconnect?

i'd suggest if there's no penalty the following:

-keep the same score saved (something like, save the score of the ip making the player having the same result with namechanging for w/e reason).
-deny the player to connect. (warning message "you cant change your name till the game end").
-by the last suggestion, may result in the player connecting only if he use the same name which had before namechanging.

if doesnt matter, nvm.
Thanks given by:
(20 Oct 10, 07:44PM)Stranz Wrote: ............ but then namechanges and reconnect?

The score is reset.
Great!

Disconnect/reconnect is so freaking annoying it must be dealt with.
Some ppl play without sound (i do sometimes) and needs to read all the time whats going on (Like if your flag is stolen).

Peoples disconnecting and reconnecting is in this case so interrupting the game for you that a kick/ban is the best thing - as long as there is nothing on server side stopping them.
Thanks given by: