Server Banning?
how can you report people who have edited your map?
Thanks given by:
There is a magical thread for that. It is the...wait for it... "Blacklist Thread"!
Thanks given by:
:P touche...
Thanks given by:
(12 Oct 10, 06:12PM)|PRO|Anti_Shot Wrote: Because the PRO servers are gone... there is no server going which icludes ac_desert tosok....
Quote:this is just a sad, boring community.
HAHAHAHAAHHAAH I C WUT U DID THURRRR

No, really. There are still servers that have ac_desert tosok in their maprot.
Thanks given by:
And to everyone who is complaining that there is no "official" warning against editing official maps: http://assault.cubers.net/docs/package_copyrights.txt
Those maps are the intellectual property of their respective creators, editing them is actually a violation of copyright.
Thanks given by:

(12 Oct 10, 11:19PM)U|Zarj Wrote: And to everyone who is complaining that there is no "official" warning against editing official maps: http://assault.cubers.net/docs/package_copyrights.txt
Those maps are the intellectual property of their respective creators, editing them is actually a violation of copyright.
alright you win. that file should be placed in the download though.
Thanks given by:
I believe it is in the docs package you got.
Thanks given by:
(12 Oct 10, 11:19PM)U|Zarj Wrote: And to everyone who is complaining that there is no "official" warning against editing official maps: http://assault.cubers.net/docs/package_copyrights.txt

As Brahma and I discussed however, the notice of a copyright does not mean that editing them is a violation of copyright, and a breach of international law. Please don't fool yourself. As far as I know, it's illegal to play on them, because there isn't a TOS or EULA. Don't just say things because it makes sense to you.

P.S. I don't edit pre made maps, and I don't think others should either.

It is a matter of respect and nothing more. If I want to edit a map, play it with my buddies on a LAN, and never post it to a internet connected server, there isn't anything anyone can do. Legally or morally.
Thanks given by:
(13 Oct 10, 03:15AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: I believe it is in the docs package you got.

where?
Thanks given by:
"README"
Thanks given by:
Don't play a game before actually reading the rules, tips, etc...lol
Thanks given by:
i agree with you borat, but i dont chicken out. the rest yeh. but Brahma can't take the other server what so ever. And i am very serious, even if you ban the fuck out of me you just can take the server. And i want my server in the past next weeks asap. otherwise, bad things dude.

Thanks given by:
Oh gee what ya going to do?

:P
Thanks given by:
probably go to his crying corner.
Thanks given by:
You want your server in "past next weeks" or "bad things"?

Nobody's going to unban any servers as long as you keep up with that attitude.
Thanks given by:
Hi everybody,

I`ve got a problem. I have been member of the |PRO| clan since 1 week and now because of the |PRO| server banning isue I got banned from every other server. I didn`t knew the |PRO| clan was doing illegal stuff and i have nothing to do with it and unlike some other PRO members i do care about whats legal or not. From today, I`m not a member of PRO anymore

I hope you guys can unban me and i can soon play assaultcube again.

P.S. my ingame name was "|PRO|" Krull and my ip is 77.249.53.209
Btw. i made my own server 2 days ago. everything was working fine, but since i got banned the server has problems connecting to the masterserver, so i think my server got banned to. When i log into my server it says : Masterserver not replying get more information at http://masterserver.cubers.net/

someone remove me and my server from the masterserver blacklist pls. I want to play AC again.

ip: 77.249.53.209
Thanks given by:
Where are you guys from?

Thanks given by:
the land of retards and douches. duh.

@|PRO|Anti_Shot, the most you can do is probably SHUT THE **** UP. You are making a huge fool of yourself and disgracing your clan. And commanding your superiors and developers is probably not a good idea...

also, if you think that you dont chicken out, explain to me why you left a match because you "werent ready" after you had just played a whole round of tosok in the same match.

@Reagan, i meant it should be kept in the package not the image.

lets close this thread please. the servers were unbanned and the problem solved.
Thanks given by:
Krull... I will let your server banned for a whole month, because the name of your servers were:
1) Krulls map coopedit
2) Krulls map edit server

You are not blocked to play AC... you are just blocked to keep a server in this time.
Please, accept your punishment and my apologize for the trouble.

Next time, please, do not change actively change/promote edited official maps.
Thanks given by:
AntiShot, show us on this doll where the bad man touched you.
[Image: amyscotdoll.jpg]

Thanks given by:
@Krull, Did you get rickrolled when you tried to start a server again?
Thanks given by:
(14 Oct 10, 12:12AM)Ghost Wrote: AntiShot, show us on this doll where the bad man touched you.

Epic.

Thanks given by:
why are all the servers laggy in the new version? 0.o

right in the middle (yh that part =] )
Thanks given by:
(13 Oct 10, 09:56PM)Brahma Wrote: Krull... I will let your server banned for a whole month, because the name of your servers were:
1) Krulls map coopedit
2) Krulls map edit server

You are not blocked to play AC... you are just blocked to keep a server in this time.
Please, accept your punishment and my apologize for the trouble.

Next time, please, do not change actively change/promote edited official maps.

Sorry Brahma, didn`t knew this was the reason, but I wasn`t trying to promote official eddited maps. I was trying to set up a server where people could make there own maps. Maybe I had to think better when giving it a name, but it was never my intention let people edit official maps.

The reason why i called it "edit server" was so people can edit and create there own maps on this server. Not to edit official maps. And besides, no modified map was actually ever played on my server, so that`s no reason to ban. Even if maps official maps were edited on my server, thats no valid reason to ban, because editing itself is not illegal, It`s only illegal to play them.

Actually not only my server was banned. Yesterday (whole day), I couldn`t join any server on AC (haven`t tried it today).

So please, can you look one more time as this matter, before you take your final decision.

greetz,
Krull

Edit: still cant play on ac today, so pls unban me so I can play.
Thanks given by:
LOL, I posted this actually on a diff link of AC forums lol
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-1162.html

That has some demos of the map to :D
Thanks given by:
Krull... if you are really not able to play AC, it means we have a bug here... give me some time to fix it.
Thanks given by:
(14 Oct 10, 04:28PM)Brahma Wrote: Krull... if you are really not able to play AC, it means we have a bug here... give me some time to fix it.

Ok. thanks for spending your time at this.
Thanks given by:
EDIT
Sorry...
I checked twice, and I found the ms ignores the ips of people with have the server blocked (it means that I need to recode and restart the ms to fix it).
Please, wait a bit more.
Thanks given by:
Yes you were right Brahma,
I tried and now I can play on other servers again.
Thanks given by:
Oh good.... I am the noobiest programmer ever (I was not able to understand my own code)... :P
Thanks given by: