Server Banning?
Well today I went under my usual alias and I passed by this |PRO| or |PR0| clan server (Can't remember correctly) and they were playing some Twin_Towers map. I was like "Eh, Okay" and went ahead and left the server. I came back 6-7 minutes later. And they were playing on some modded ac_desert map. All they did was edit the textures out. I didn't manage to get the admins ip. But I got the server name,ip and port number.

//name: [|PRO|clan server - Camping Allowed - no TKing]
//ip: 71.235.140.107
//port: 65090

Now keep in mind, I believe they have two servers for this "|PRO|" clan. And I've yet only seen the one server above editing official maps.

Now all In all, I just wanted to know if theirs a "Server Blacklist" or "Server Banning" Thread or someone we could talk to other then RK (correct me if I'm wrong.)
Thanks given by:
Ty for your report.
We will block these guys asap.
Thanks given by:
i approve of the way you handled this comrade brahma
Thanks given by:
gj blocking the server ,
once i went to their server they was switching everybody to |PRO| vs All .
Thanks given by:
I was in the server earlier this week. I had joined and PRO|PREO and PRO|SCOP3 where there. They loaded several edited versions of ac_desert. I did suggest that they shouldn't, atleast not in public. But their reply was "we don't care".
Thanks given by:
Ok... i just added all |PRO| servers to the ms blacklist.

They are:
187.14/16
143.238/16
71.235/16
124.176/16

It is good to care next time.
Thanks given by:
lot of ranges no ? :/
Thanks given by:
yea pro isnt very good when it comes to running servers or playing matches...they are lead by |PRO|Anti_Shot but their servers are run by nc|armed (dont blacklist the server ip because he runs our servers also :P)
Thanks given by:
I checked if these ranges included any other server different from |PRO|, and they don't.
So, I think it is ok to keep them.
Thanks given by:
(11 Oct 10, 09:01PM)Luc@s Wrote: lot of ranges no ? :/
well, it's just /16.
Thanks given by:
hello, im |PRO|Anti_Shot, Leader of the |PRO| clan. Im actually sorry but this is not me what i have done. other players do this aswell. i thought you were allowed to edit maps like these. this is not my fault... you gave us no chance! no nothing! what the hell is up with you people? you didn't even ask me ingame. so i want you to take off that ban asap. is this ment to be a game or a fish market. and DONT blame anything of me i will tell my clan of to stop. but, please take off the server ports. those are not mine anyways.
Thanks given by:
definitely not going to get your ban removed...
Thanks given by:
(12 Oct 10, 08:24AM)|PRO|Anti_Shot Wrote: is this ment to be a game or a fish market.

you made my day.
Thanks given by:
I'm the host of 4 clan servers and it appears that the |PRO| clan server has caused some kind of offens, but the IP you blacklisted also bans the other 3 clan server. how can i get this fixed? the server ip is 71.235.140.107

I juts spend the last couple days trying to figure out if this was a 1.1.0.3 problem

Thanks for any input

Thanks given by:
Maybe you could just stop hosting servers for PRO, and then ask for your servers to be unbanned?
Thanks given by:
(11 Oct 10, 06:20PM)jiba Wrote: I was in the server earlier this week. I had joined and PRO|PREO and PRO|SCOP3 where there. They loaded several edited versions of ac_desert. I did suggest that they shouldn't, atleast not in public. But their reply was "we don't care".

I just went through several weeks of logs and only found "we dont care" or "we don't care" (case insesitive) only came up three times and never on a |PRO| server that I hosted, so someone is lying if they said it was my servers.
Thanks given by:
nc|armed, jamz did not necessarily mean they said "we don't care", but their attitude was that they didn't care.
I don't expect your servers will be unbanned anytime soon. Clearly you had never bothered to check what was expected from a server host, or what the rules were. Maybe next time you will read more carefully.
Thanks given by:
(12 Oct 10, 03:54PM)U|Zarj Wrote: nc|armed, jamz did not necessarily mean they said "we don't care", but their attitude was that they didn't care.
I don't expect your servers will be unbanned anytime soon. Clearly you had never bothered to check what was expected from a server host, or what the rules were. Maybe next time you will read more carefully.

okay, so why did he write that instead of " they just did not care"

brahma, you just seemeed to wreak up ac. no offence. ac is a great community, but sometimes people do wreck it up... i do believe that. but, my players are part of the community. they did not know about editing ac_desert, i have kicked them out of PRO. BUT I REALLY WANT THE PRO SERVERS BACK FOR NC|ARMED. my players are wondering what happend to the servers. Because the PRO servers are gone... there is no server going which icludes ac_desert tosok....

this is just a sad, boring community.

THE END!

Thanks given by:
PRO|Anti_Shot, taking the line of argument and debating exact words said by your members is insignificant to the overall attitude from them. I could try to quote your reaction last night in IRC when you first heard about your servers being banned, but I am sure I would not get it exactly right. I do recall you cursing those responsible for the ban very negatively.

It is quite clear that your members have been ignorant and impolite about the matter. They were asked (made aware of the rules) at the time to stop using edited official maps and but chose not to listen. I doubt their intentions were malicious and I am sure the issue could be resolved.

Imo you are not convincing the decision makers that you care a great deal and that you have any respect for the game and resources provided by them.
Thanks given by:
(12 Oct 10, 03:54PM)U|Zarj Wrote: Clearly you had never bothered to check what was expected from a server host, or what the rules were. Maybe next time you will read more carefully.

to assume is the act of not understanding, i had read and was not made aware until after the ban.

if this is in fact the final rulling then please delete my account from AC forums.
Thanks given by:
Hmm. I have to agree with jiba. I warned him three times. Before one of them decided to ban me. I'm perfectly fine with that, your server admins, not mine.

Should have thought twice before giving any '|PRO|' member the admin pass.

You have made a mistake that cant be forgiven, sorry |PRO| clan, but your server(s) have been terminated.
Thanks given by:
(12 Oct 10, 08:04PM)Ghost Wrote: Hmm. I have to agree with jiba. I warned him three times. Before one of them decided to ban me. I'm perfectly fine with that, your server admins, not mine.

Should have thought twice before giving any '|PRO|' member the admin pass.

You have made a mistake that cant be forgiven, sorry |PRO| clan, but your server(s) have been terminated.

so the other 3 clans that I also provided servers for are punished? due to one IP ban
Thanks given by:
(12 Oct 10, 08:04PM)Ghost Wrote: sorry |PRO| clan, but your server(s) have been terminated.

lol ghost go dev mode on this fool
Thanks given by:
nc|armed hosts servers for TgS, (a respected clan), *rAgE* (who i hope is respected lol), /ToA\ and banning them all would take about 8 excellent servers out. Seeing as we have only had problems with |PRO| so far, could we just have armed remove the |PRO| servers and leave the others intact? Also, I read my cfg file for ac_desert and it actually NEVER says that it cannot be edited, altered, or modified, nor does it need people to acknowledge its creators, or have a CreativeCommons or copyright license.
Quote:Clearly you had never bothered to check what was expected from a server host, or what the rules were. Maybe next time you will read more carefully.
As far as i know, there is no written rule on running edited official maps as long as they dont violate a copyright.

taken from http://assault.cubers.net/MS.html
Quote:Servers with troublesome administrators will be removed, unless later rectified by the server owner.
according to this rule*, as long as nc|armed removes |PRO| servers, the rest of the servers can be removed from the blacklist also.

*UNLESS meaning that once the RECTIFICATION happens (look it up)

@|PRO|Anti_Shot, you yourself use admin to ban and threaten to ban people from your servers because they call you a bad name (i have proof). This is a video game. In the real world, you will get a SHITLOAD WORSE than a few bad names, and you cant do anything about it. You also spam, chicken out of matches (lol), and (obviously) gave admin to the worst people possible. You pretty much accept anybody into your clan, and your members have insulted some of us and abused admin many times. I honestly suggest you clean up your clan and your act.

I have - uh - nothing *cough* to do with the making of TwinTowers. Dont ban me for my post or anything else please. :/
Thanks given by:
I checked the ms logs, and verified the information given by nc|armed

@ nc|armed
We will remove your ip (71.235.140.107) from the server blacklist if you give assurances that you will not support any other PRO server.

@ |PRO|Anti_Shot
You should be more kind and respectful.
Maybe in some months we remove your clan ban.

@ Ghost
Please... avoid to say: "your server(s) have been terminated". Your intentions are good, but you do not have such a power.

@ spamma
Please... avoid trolling.

Thanks given by:
JGAN, your a nice kid and all, but I'm pretty sure you cannot edit an official maps.

@Brahma: Good to know.
Thanks given by:
(12 Oct 10, 08:46PM)Brahma Wrote: I checked the ms logs, and verified the information given by nc|armed

@ nc|armed
We will remove your ip (71.235.140.107) from the server blacklist if you give assurances that you will not support any other PRO server.

@ |PRO|Anti_Shot
You should be more kind and respectful.
Maybe in some months we remove your clan ban.

@ Ghost
Please... avoid to say: "your server(s) have been terminated". Your intentions are good, but you do not have such a power.

@ spamma
Please... avoid trolling.

Thanks for being fair, I will comply with your ruling.
Thanks given by:
@ghost i would bet you are (ethnically?) right... but there is no technical written license (i checked on a mac).

@brahma THANKS i bet he will :D but |PRO| has another server up 77.249.53.209:28763 XD
Thanks given by:
Ghost... let me tell you a history.
I included pick ups in ac_techdust, since it was unfinished and I was not able to find the creator. I had the greatest intentions, and I really would like to play that map (with no pick ups it was not possible).
Anyway, I was wrong, and thanks god the creator of that map never found my change, because if he posted me in the blacklist for this, it would be deserved.

No one is allowed to edit any map (official or not, finished or not).
This is very disrespectful.

Thanks given by:
(12 Oct 10, 09:02PM)Brahma Wrote: Ghost... let me tell you a history.
I included pick ups in ac_techdust, since it was unfinished and I was not able to find the creator. I had the greatest intentions, and I really would like to play that map (with no pick ups it was not possible).
Anyway, I was wrong, and thanks god the creator of that map never found my change, because if he posted me in the blacklist for this, it would be deserved.

No one is allowed to edit any map (official or not, finished or not).
This is very disrespectful.

I agree.
Thanks given by: