Carbine
I was just curious, I haven't played this game for a very long time, and I was wondering what kind of gun this is..

I've noticed I have gotten some pretty long range kills with it, yet it feels like the shotty.

*Haven't played this since before 1.0, seems to be quite a few changes, This is Nova, for any of you who may have known me :)*
Thanks given by:
Hi dude, welcome back. You right about the carbine, feels like a long range shotty, kinda slow to my taste, but very effective and fun to play with in some maps.
Here you can find some of the features on the new 1.1 release.
Thanks given by:
Thanks. :)
Thanks given by:
I'm beginning to get the hang of this weapon and I must say...it's feels a *tad* too fast for a steady 60 damage regardless of range, plus that sexy crosshair.
Sadly I'm beginning to think Tarbine + Knife is the new and improved Sniper + Knife, the reload time falls in sync with tarbine > knife > tarbine switches.

The only reason we're not seeing WAY more people running around with this weapon is because they're too scared of having to adapt to a brand new gun :P
Thanks given by:
what is a tarbine? :P
Thanks given by:
Just like the sniper though, it takes time to learn how to use properly. Unfortunately though, I'm expecting to see sore losers disregard this and slap -noob onto the end of it just like every other weapon they get killed with (shottynoob, smgnoob etc)
Thanks given by:
Hi Nova. About time you brought your shimmilicious booty back to get owned by my EPIC smg. Welcome back! Revive C=64!!
Thanks given by:
(08 Oct 10, 03:20AM)HUNTSMAN Wrote: what is a tarbine? :P
It's what I call my carbine, don't you have names for your guns?
Thanks given by:
I actually have become quite fond of this gun. The 2 hit kill comes amazingly fast, and if you pop a shot *get in cover* and come out to pop that easy 2nd shot, it racks up the kills amazingly well. Sadly, the bane of this weapon is armor, it just screws the gun up entirely.
Thanks given by:
(08 Oct 10, 09:55AM)ZeroRacer Wrote: I actually have become quite fond of this gun. The 2 hit kill comes amazingly fast, and if you pop a shot *get in cover* and come out to pop that easy 2nd shot, it racks up the kills amazingly well. Sadly, the bane of this weapon is armor, it just screws the gun up entirely.
Welcome to my sad life as a sniper+knifer.
Thanks given by:
(08 Oct 10, 09:59AM)Stupefy Wrote:
(08 Oct 10, 09:55AM)ZeroRacer Wrote: I actually have become quite fond of this gun. The 2 hit kill comes amazingly fast, and if you pop a shot *get in cover* and come out to pop that easy 2nd shot, it racks up the kills amazingly well. Sadly, the bane of this weapon is armor, it just screws the gun up entirely.
Welcome to my sad life as a sniper+knifer.

Heh, at least with a sniper you've still got the option to aim for that little target above the shoulders. When I fire off a carbine and it doesn't kill in 2 shots, I always assume that person is buffed up with 100% armor. In a situation where it's just me and the tank by ourselves I honestly usually just strafe run backwards while taking free shots when I can. 4 carbine shots to kill is a very scary situation for me.
Thanks given by:
I love this gun I started with it not changing it. Although the shotty is great in tunnels
Thanks given by:
Just feels like a sniper with out a scope and I love
Thanks given by:
(08 Oct 10, 08:47AM)Stupefy Wrote:
(08 Oct 10, 03:20AM)HUNTSMAN Wrote: what is a tarbine? :P
It's what I call my carbine, don't you have names for your guns?

Yes, I call mine a can of woop ass with a barell
Thanks given by:
Hi Nova, welcome back :P

Lukas
Thanks given by: