Moshpits
How much do you guys enjoy moshpits?
How many have you been to?
Which bands have you moshed to?

Oh, and do Guns And Roses have moshpits? I'm going to a GnR concert tonight and i really wanted to know, i don't wanna look freaky.
Tell me everything :-)

My answers:
Love 'em, lots of them, most intense being Lamb of God, Converge, More Than A Thousand, Soufly and Megadeth.
Thanks given by:
Lamb of God was an intense mosh, But a few days ago i saw Parkway Drive and i have to say it was fucking epic the death wall was great it looked like someone broke there nose it was all out of shape and bleeding but the funny thing was it didn't seem to phase him, and for some reason there was a midget dressed like an oompa loompa in a raft crowd surfing. Im seeing Slayer next year so that shall be good, Cancer bats where just a warm up act at one show and they ended up getting the circle at like a 20m radius

Bands i have moshed to- Lamb,Metallica,Trivium,Bring me the horizon,Cancer bats,Bullet for my valentine,Tool,AFI,PARKWAY DRIVE, GWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR.
Thanks given by:
(06 Oct 10, 03:56PM)titiPT Wrote: Oh, and do Guns And Roses have moshpits? I'm going to a GnR concert tonight and i really wanted to know, i don't wanna look freaky.
Tell me everything :-)

From this, I'd expect you've never really been to a gig before. Do GnR have a moshpit?... of course they would!

I'm a mosh-monkey :)

Now for a laugh: Best mosh ever?... My Chemical Romance.

Now, that in itself, is probably making you laugh, but let me explain why. I was at Big Day Out in 2007, and this was the first time that MCR had ever toured NZ. At this time, BDO was still any-age allowed (BDO is now R15).

Anyway, watching My Chem in the mosh, and there are hundreds of girls, aged around about 15 or under, waiting patiently for MCR to come on... so, MCR eventually come on, and it's like a bloody stampede!

Lets just say, it's quite funny, to watch security pulling young girl after young girl out of the front of the mosh, because they've suddenly realised that the front of the moshpit is really, really, really squashed, and they can't handle it anymore.

Oh, and, by the way, every time one person was pulled out from the front of the mosh, the mosh surged towards that persons spot to try and fill the gap, making things just that much worse.
Thanks given by:
I mosh to cheerleader/striptease videos on youtube. Brutal.
Thanks given by:
I tend to mosh to an extreme beat of Beethoven's 7th. Phwoar.
Thanks given by:
(06 Oct 10, 10:54PM)spamma Wrote: I tend to mosh to an extreme beat of Beethoven's 7th. Phwoar.

I would actually do this. Classical music is quite like metal music :)

Ever heard metal-classical music? It's great.
Thanks given by:
For moshing, my hair is too short. I like to focus on the music. But of course, If im listening band like Kalmah, my hand starts to bang and I'm not even noticing it.

I'm going to see Avenged Sevenfold next month, maybe I meet a mosh-pit there.
Thanks given by:
(07 Oct 10, 01:56PM)pweaks Wrote: For moshing, my hair is too short. I like to focus on the music. But of course, If im listening band like Kalmah, my hand starts to bang and I'm not even noticing it.

buy a plain white T and write on it "RIP Jimmy"

Its what im doing when they are coming to Aus next year
Thanks given by:
Some WoD: Heaven Shall Burn - Voice of the voiceless
Thanks given by:
Oh dear... When did moshpit became a synonym for bum fight arena. ;P

Thanks given by:
RK, newsflash, no mosh on the concert yesterday :p The crow just wasn't on the mood. It was still an awesome 3h concert.

Heaven Shall Burn is BR00TAL.

Parkway Drive, i'm seeing them in November, they are comingo to Portugal. Sweet.

I like to solo mosh in my room listening to deathcore, metalcore and hardcore stuff like All Shall Perish, Veil Of Maya, August Burns Red, Comeback Kid, A Day To Remember.. <3
Thanks given by:
(07 Oct 10, 02:37PM)Vermi Wrote:
(07 Oct 10, 01:56PM)pweaks Wrote: For moshing, my hair is too short. I like to focus on the music. But of course, If im listening band like Kalmah, my hand starts to bang and I'm not even noticing it.

buy a plain white T and write on it "RIP Jimmy"

Its what im doing when they are coming to Aus next year
Good idea.
Thanks given by:
GnR?
i think you should take something for sitting, you will wait 3-4 hours for his playback. yes, playback :/ You must love Axl Rose and wanna see him in live or it will be very disappointing for you. They were in Prague last month. The concert started at 8 pm and Axl started to sing(playback sing) at 11:30 PM. :/

Moshpits after beers ;P last one with The Real McKenzies (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGKJXY65I3U&feature=fvw)
Thanks given by:
The concert was schedule for 20h. First came Sebastian Bach, from 20:30 to 21:30. Very nice.

GnR started at 23:00. Fairly annoying. And i don't know about Prague, but he wasn't playback singing yesterday.
Thanks given by:
I generally stay out of pits because I'm a tiny frail skinny guy, but I'll hop in here and there. Circle pits are fun.

Most of the time I'd rather just focus on the music.
Thanks given by:
(07 Oct 10, 07:00PM)titiPT Wrote: RK, newsflash, no mosh on the concert yesterday :p The crow just wasn't on the mood. It was still an awesome 3h concert.

Heaven Shall Burn is BR00TAL.

Parkway Drive, i'm seeing them in November, they are comingo to Portugal. Sweet.

I like to solo mosh in my room listening to deathcore, metalcore and hardcore stuff like All Shall Perish, Veil Of Maya, August Burns Red, Comeback Kid, A Day To Remember.. <3

Reasons why there wouldn't be a mosh (pick one):

A) You're lying
B) You guys don't know how to party in Portugal.
C) The concert was seated, not standing.
D) The gig was full of older gentlemen.
E) The amount of people at the gig was very small.
F) The band sucks big time (example: would you mosh to a guy sitting in a chair playing an acoustic guitar by himself?)

The only gigs I've been to where there HASN'T been a mosh, was because the gig was small, held in a bar.
You need a crowd to get a mosh, after all ;)

Thanks given by:
A) You're lying - nop
B) You guys don't know how to party in Portugal. - i've been to a couple of deathcore gigs where everyone was fucking partying hard. maybe portuguese gnr fans aren't that fun.
C) The concert was seated, not standing. - where i was standing, we were standing (lol)
D) The gig was full of older gentlemen. - not really, although there were some girls
E) The amount of people at the gig was very small. - nah, it was full
F) The band sucks big time (example: would you mosh to a guy sitting in a chair playing an acoustic guitar by himself?) - nop, it was sweet

I guess people just didn't wanna mosh.. Too bad. I'll have more fun when PwD come.

Thanks given by:
(07 Oct 10, 07:17PM)Alien Wrote: GnR?
i think you should take something for sitting, you will wait 3-4 hours for his playback. yes, playback :/ You must love Axl Rose and wanna see him in live or it will be very disappointing for you. They were in Prague last month. The concert started at 8 pm and Axl started to sing(playback sing) at 11:30 PM. :/

Moshpits after beers ;P last one with The Real McKenzies (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGKJXY65I3U&feature=fvw)
GnR isn't playback.
Thanks given by:
But they do make the audience wait :/
Thanks given by: