Who is online
The 'who is online' feature is pretty standard for most forums. Was just wondering why this forum doesn't seem to have one? Not only that, but I can't seem to find a way to work the 'Buddy List'.

At first glance I thought this forum was IPB. Just asking because it would be a lot easier to know when to PM someone.
Thanks given by:
Because, it's cruft. This is a forum. We don't need a pants load of features.

Go play some games :P

Which reminds me, I was going to remove the buddy list feature.
Thanks given by:
Cactus, you can look at any post by the person nd there will be green man next to his nme if he is online. That simple :)
Thanks given by:
No problemo fellas. :D
Thanks given by:
you can also add the peoples to your buddy list and watch who is online by clicking "Open Buddy List"
Thanks given by:
Francois:
RandumKiwi Wrote:Which reminds me, I was going to remove the buddy list feature.
Thanks given by:
i bet there will be like 50 people showing in that "who is online" at same time :D
Thanks given by:
We could use that Thank You button feature. A classic part of the forums back then and a very cool feature in general. Besides people might try and actually make decent posts if they wanna get thanked. Might save ya the occasional flame or two.

Had the forums down all this time... and all we get is the same forum? C'mon mangs, just give us that Thank You button back. Please? With a cherry on top?
Thanks given by:
Actually, I do think the Thank You button was a decent feature. People said less useless stuff when that was implemented (although there were the occasional fools who posted only to get thanks).
Thanks given by:
(26 Jun 10, 08:44AM)U|Zarj Wrote: although there were the occasional fools who posted only to get thanks
I can't tell for others, but here's what I experienced for myself: it was almost like that. Sure, I don't mean writing the entire post just for getting thanks, but I often had the thanks somewhere in my mind ;)
Thanks given by:
Yes, the three or four times I used the thanks button I found it nice.
However, I think it is more meaningful to use the "New Reply" button as the thanks button, and going through the trouble of actually typing out things like:
"Thanks for saying that."
"I appreciate your post."
"/me offers a bundt cake"
"You said everything I wanted to!"
Thanks given by: