Hello AC Community
New player to Assault Cube. Any tips/pointers? Welcoming remarks? Loving the looks of this game so far. Just played my first game, I think it was Hunt the Flag? Haha. Crossfire is growing tiresome and I needed something new in the mix :-)
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the game bro.

ImaCripple's Guide for beginner Players.

The number one thing you have to keep in your head is DO NOT DIE Dying is not good. Heres a list of things of to do and not to do:

1. Always keep moving, never get caught standing still, or you will die (this means don't camp)

2. Never try and knife someone, only in LSS. It takes two hits with a knife to kill someone and after the first hit, someone will notice.

3. Any pick ups, you should pick up. Health, Akimbo (if you want it), Helmet, Body armor. The armor really helps. Akimbo is 2 pistols.

4. Never run straight at an enemy. Stride side to side

5. On CTF or HTF, go for the flag they'll get you the most points, and thats all that counts.

Weapons Guide

Sniper Rifle- Long range weapon, used mostly in OSOK or TOSOK. Not very many people us in any other modes. Can get a gib if shot at head.

Assault Rifle- Automatic Rifle that does a lot of damage, but not so big of a clip. Can be used for rifle jumping, and to move backwards faster (do not know what thats called if anyone can fill me in).

SMG- Fast gun, can be used to move backwards faster. High fire rate, but not much damage

Carbine- Long range rifle, kind of like a long range shotgun I'd like to think. Need pretty good aim to use, does a lot of damage.

Shotgun- Great weapon in close range, terrible in far range. Can get a gib or a frag. Slow reload. High firepower.

Difference between frag and Gib. A gib gives you 2 kills, and it consists of a knife kill, headshor with a sniper rifle, or very close range kill with a shotgun. A frag is a regular kill with any weapon (besides knife) that gives you one kill.

Thats pretty much all for now. If you have any more questions just ask me. But my main advice is just to play the game, get comfortable with a weapon, get better, and most importantly have fun.

Lol I wish someone would of made somethig like this for when i first joined xD
Thanks given by:
Protip: Never try and offer suggestions to the mods. they will ban you
Thanks given by:
#2 dont use the [img] [/img] tags
Thanks given by:
Also, join KH
Thanks given by:
Or us! Operation:Onslaught :D
Thanks given by:
translation: " PAINT THE WORD DOUCHE ON YOUR FOREHEAD"
Thanks given by:
Yeah Operation: Onslaught is a great clan with nice people. KH looks like a clan thats calls people douches xD
Thanks given by:
Credits go to Gibstick - http://forum.cubers.net/thread-35.html
Thanks given by:
Knife is awesome. I knife all the time. Partly because my mouse wheel is screwed and I keep getting the knife when I (try to) switch to pistol...

EDIT: Yes, I'm learning to use the keyboard to switch guns. Hard stuff.
Thanks given by:
(29 Sep 10, 02:52AM)JMM Wrote: Knife is awesome. I knife all the time. Partly because my mouse wheel is screwed and I keep getting the knife when I (try to) switch to pistol...

EDIT: Yes, I'm learning to use the keyboard to switch guns. Hard stuff.

I know I knife all the time aswell, but it's hard for new players.
Thanks given by:
Lol cripple your a new player doucheface. ive been on ac for 2 years gtfo
Thanks given by:
(29 Sep 10, 03:02AM)adam Wrote: Lol cripple your a new player doucheface. ive been on ac for 2 years gtfo

lol I'm not that new, but anyway this proves my point. doucheface xD
Thanks given by:
your new enough to fail at quoting something
Thanks given by:
lol he's banned. How did I quote it wrong?
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the tips :D I've been playing for about 1-2 hours throughout the day. I am pretty surprised at how much I like the game in the first day. It usually takes me a while to get to really like a game. It's fast paced, the damage registration is amazing (at least compared to Crossfire, lol), and the game play is simply fun.

Any competitive aspects to this game yet?
Thanks given by:
While there are no active leagues currently being played in AC, lots of clans participate in clan matches, and there is the occasional tournament (Panda's Kings of the Flag Tournament just ended). If you want to experience some competitive gameplay, I would suggest asking some members of one of the competitive clans to play with you in an interclan match. Going on IRC is the easiest way to get in touch with those people.
Thanks given by:
(29 Sep 10, 06:19AM)U|Zarj Wrote: While there are no active leagues currently being played in AC, lots of clans participate in clan matches, and there is the occasional tournament (Panda's Kings of the Flag Tournament just ended). If you want to experience some competitive gameplay, I would suggest asking some members of one of the competitive clans to play with you in an interclan match. Going on IRC is the easiest way to get in touch with those people.

Thank you kindly sir. I look forward to seeing all of you more around these parts and in-game. I have been in FPS communities for quite some time, since the age of the first Quake and Unreal games :P I'm looking forward to being a part of a new one.
Thanks given by:
Aside from the occasional (frequent) flame wars, this is a pretty nice community. Just know that some people here are pretty temperamental and can sometimes act in some pretty imperious ways, but don't be turned off by that as they will eventually cool down and the dust will slowly settle.
Thanks given by:
AssaultCube's community is the reason many people still play the game.
Thanks given by:
i concur
Thanks given by:
who are you?
Thanks given by:
(29 Sep 10, 12:07PM)HUNTSMAN Wrote: who are you?

itis new here
Thanks given by:
These aren't bots are they? They're responding to questions now... :S
Thanks given by:
Welcome Polleus, have a nice stay :)
Thanks given by:
(29 Sep 10, 04:16PM)Cactus Wrote: These aren't bots are they? They're responding to questions now... :S

it wasn't responding to anything. It was supposed to randomly post "I concur" in a thread.
Thanks given by:
Thank you all. Community is something that I look for in a game, not just the game itself. The community must be active and supportive of the game. If any of you have ever played Crossfire or been a part of its community, you will know first hand how bad it is there. The immaturity, the rudeness, the blatant disregard for rules. I'm not talking just the normal trolls, I'm talking about 3 out of every 4 people. It looks like so far that this community seems to be a little lighter in that area :-) I'm optimistic here.

I played the game for a couple hours last night and a couple hours earlier today and I really, really enjoy it. The fast pace, the game mechanics, all of it. I was not here before the update so I do not know the difference between the two. But I am quite satisfied so far. Any particular servers that are better than others?
Thanks given by:
Yeah, community is probably the strongest point. See, we contributed to create tons of maps, mods, a YT channel, an AC news website, a web radio, tons of clans, an AC-content-only website, an Italian and a Spanish website and lots of other things. :D

About servers... Just look for the ones that have a low ping, that should be enough ;)
Thanks given by:
Yeah low ping are always good servers because you wont get any lag. But the best servers with the best players are probably the High-Skill ones, look for those.
Thanks given by:
How did I quote it wrong?
Thanks given by: