Weird bug ? can't vote my map with admins right
I must admit the new map policy is really complicate...
The sendmap/getmap, basic sane checks, and spawn permissions things were fixed/enhanced by stef... but before I saw that, I was already coding extra sanity checks (like the max area and mean ceil height...). And not only this... to avoid people of playing in coop official maps, the coop permissions got a bit messed (now it is fixed, i believe it).

The point is: everything looks to be too much more complicate now.

The server sendmap permissions are inside -M. You use -Mcru to allow "creating", "revert" and "update" maps the server have in its incoming folder. The defaults were -MCRU, but in the next update will be -McRU (I am not sure if it is right yet, tbh), but the I expect to people be able to send new maps in any server (except if the server owner does not allow it explicitly).

And you NEED to send the map before vote it.
The server NEEDS to check the map before load it in multiplayer.
In 1.0, it was a mess, because you were able to vote a map the server does not have, and if you did not send it, all players would play in the wrong map (depending of the 1.0.x).

Once you sent the map, if the map is not "good", you will not be able to make the server load it even if you are ADMIN.

If you want to show a new map, send it to the server and vote it in coop. Coop does not check for area, ceil or items, so you will be able to share it with other players.

To allow coop for not-admins, you need to use -Pe server switch.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Weird bug ? can't vote my map with admins right - by Brahma - 14 Aug 10, 08:38PM