custom map pack 2009-2010 (assaultcube 1.0.4)
(06 Nov 10, 07:07PM)Deathstar Wrote: are you God or something?
I'm not god. I'm Apollo.

(06 Nov 10, 07:07PM)Deathstar Wrote: Who are you to say who is wrong or who is right?

Someone who has the same right to say his opinion like Alien, pufig and yourself and who think that they can say that
are right and others not
. It was only a mirror to alien's post. Some ppl call this comedy.

(06 Nov 10, 07:07PM)Deathstar Wrote: As said pufig, you have high opinion of yourself.
That's what he thinks. I never said that I'm the best mapper. Personally I think that Mr. Floppy and Jiba are way better mappers. And pufig was probably talking about himself (see his video thread).

(06 Nov 10, 07:07PM)Deathstar Wrote: You didn't really knew the first view of the game, you are here since 0.93.... So I think you can't say what is the real point of view of the game. "You know what this game need", ....
I'm playing this in fact longer - just for info. So - in your opinion only really really long players have a say in this - players like you? Only they have really a say? And you call me a facist?

(06 Nov 10, 07:07PM)Deathstar Wrote: I just have to remember you something: ac_church => shitty ugly laggy map created by you, no layer, lagging, too much open space, bad textures etc....
I must apologize, but I have to inform you about a mistake. I'm not the creator of ac_church which was quite popular in that old times. I've made ac_sakrileg which was more complex, but too big and therefore never played (and I made it cause ac_church was a crappy styled map in multiple versions, but the basic idea was good). Maybe you check the facts before attacking me.

(06 Nov 10, 07:07PM)Deathstar Wrote: we all did crappy maps in our life (me too). so can you say me now who are you to judge people and their opinion!? ok you can say skyscraper and all shitty map sucks (i'm ok with you it really sucks) that's your right, i made shitty laggy maps too and i hate crappy maps now, but the thing is, i had fun to made it, and people had fun to play on it. this is a video game, and video game was created to distract, to have fun, so you can't force a community who have fun to think as you want. restriction kill the game like shitty crappy maps kills the game.

In the moment you as a mapper decide not to make sky textures on the floor or to reduce the height of walls to be able again to shoot with other weapons than a scoped sniper then you are restricting yourself. Others would says you improve the quality of the game.

Also the people are mourning the fact that restrictions exist, but no one discuss the restrictions itself (which are just a few). Therefore this is the usual protest against any kind of restrictions (we can call them also "minimum quality aspects", sounds more positive), otherwise the accusation of "god behavior", "facisim" aso wouldn't take place here.

The point which many mappers dont know or dont see: the original devs wanted a more realisitic and team oriented gameplay than that in the game Cube (therefore douze shouldn't be official imo). AFAIK that was the initial idea and reason for the maps and modes we have till today and als the reason why every attempt to bring rocket launchers aso into the game is denied everytime.

The maps we are talking about are promoting a view of the game which wasn't originally intended, they foil it. Also the effort of time for building and planning, of researching infos about their theme and the engine, working on textures, models and sounds of many mappers and mappings themes are contradicted when pushing them with dedicated servers aso. My two cents.

(06 Nov 10, 07:07PM)Deathstar Wrote: maybe we can use a fuction wich hide automatically crappy maps from server lister, and in menu option, player who want to see shitty maps on their serverlister you can. something like: "/crappyserver 1" "/crappy server 0" you know what i mean?
This was discussed already - And if I recall correct many ppl dont want it cause they felt restricted from the server list. You see, this isn't as easy as thought.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: custom map pack 2009-2010 (assaultcube 1.0.4) - by Apollo{TyD} - 08 Nov 10, 09:11AM