Poll: How the bright skin issue should be regulated?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
should be completely blocked (this is against the current modding guidelines, so we would need to change the official rules)
40.21%
39 40.21%
should be just filtered to make the game more even. So people who do not want to sacrifice graphics quality will not be negatively affected
24.74%
24 24.74%
should not be touched... let the people play with the tools they want, found and are able to produce
35.05%
34 35.05%
Total 97 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Bright skins filtering or blocking
Sadly, I want option 4. I hate the bright/one-colour/cartoon skins as I feel they destroy the beauty of the game.
They are, of course, an advantage. As harps stated in IRC, the skins remove the chance of error - you simply can't miss your opponent (visually). I don't hope to ever play at as competitive a level as the most successful individual or team-players, but I understand those whose sole purpose in playing is to be the best. However, taking advantage of the inner workings of the game to hold an advantage over less experienced players is horrible. Soooo...
I'd like to see, if possible, some default (but still editable) bright skins available from a tick box, which are only available in match mode. Nothing is hidden away, newbs in pubs aren't being laughed at for not reading the docs fully and future-pros can start as they mean to go on.
My ultimate dream would be for the bright skin users to be portrayed with a large target on their back to anyone using normal skins, but I think I'm asking too much here...
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Bright skins filtering or blocking - by Brahma - 24 Jun 10, 04:03PM
RE: Bright skins filtering or blocking - by Brett - 24 Jun 10, 04:43PM
RE: Bright skins filtering or blocking - by jamz - 24 Jun 10, 06:12PM