Maps You've always wanted to see be made official
Please do not allow anyone but myself to mess around with my client settings, like changing water settings by map's configs. If you happen to experience perfomance drops whenever water is around just change your settings accordingly. No need to dumb down things for everyone. I personally have zero issues with water as long as the map is properly build, even on 'insane' settings.

Secondly, I once read in the code files some odd fact about how water is handled by the engine. In case this hasn't been changed: Water is not taken into account by occlusion culling. Read, if you see one tiny bit of water, the whole water plane which is streched across the entire map, with all reflections and whatnot will be rendered, regardless those portions are in view or not. That's why it is so expensive with the cube engine. Add somewhat proper occlusion culling to the water plane and those massive drops, people are experiencing, will be gone.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Maps You've always wanted to see be made official - by Mr.Floppy - 06 May 15, 09:04PM