Maps You've always wanted to see be made official
Don't get me wrong, I like ac_greenpeace and in the proving ground section of the forum was even the one who suggested it as "an official hopeful". It just simply has some weird lagging issue. On most maps i get around 160-200 fps, a fair amount, but on greenpeace I experience a good 60 fps drop it most places. Even after reducing it to just the map (i.e removing all entries and just having the geometry of the map, the water, and the heightfields) I still see a drop of around 30-40 fps. Which leads me to believe that the geometry of the map, the heightfields, and the water mix together create the fps drop, not the entries. I do believe it can be fixed but at what cost? Would it still be the map that people would want to include? How much of it would have to change to not drop fps as bad? Of course, I am just some lone noob who doesn't know anything about mapping, so don't take my word for it.

EDIT: After doing some research, I have figured it out. It is 100% without a doubt, the water. If I set the value to a very low level, one that isn't shown on the map anywhere, fps improves greatly. I'll leave it to someone else to figure out what makes the fps drop from water so much worse on this map then others. That part is beyond me.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Maps You've always wanted to see be made official - by Pi_Halo - 01 May 15, 12:43AM