Debian packaging
Just a note, this is the current license, it has changed a bit since last time to make things more consistent. Please use this license: http://assault.cubers.net/docs/license.h...irepackage

Viper, dude, heaps of users run Debian and their related forks. I myself, use Ubuntu (only due to it's smaller release cycle)... other AssaultCube developers also use Debian/Ubuntu/etc.

Ignore him arand, go for it! This should help you:

Quote:As of today, the Debian development teams have EXPLICIT permission from the AssaultCube Development team, to modify the original AssaultCube software package(s), in any way they want, conditional to the following:

* All clauses of the original license must be adhered to, with the exception that you may now modify the package.
* All new packages are to be redistributed using the same license they originally came with.
* As you may know, AssaultCube is made up of various media, from various sources, all with various copyright notices of their own. So, all copyright notices within that package, must also be found in the new package, if the files within the new package are normally affected by that license.
* Any changes made to the AssaultCube package(s), must only be made for the intention of making it easier to package AssaultCube for Debian in what you deem to be the most appropriate way.
* We are entrusting you to make the right decisions and hope that it is not abused. Although we'll endeavor to contact you if something is wrong and try to come to an agreement on how best to rectify the situation, please realise that we reserve the right to revoke our permission at any time and will do so if we feel it is being abused.

Hope this is awesome enough for you. Any suggestions for changes to this permission, let me know now and I'll see if I can adjust it accordingly.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Debian packaging - by arand - 30 Oct 11, 03:40AM
RE: Debian packaging - by Viper - 30 Oct 11, 05:37AM
RE: Debian packaging - by Bukz - 30 Oct 11, 07:13AM
RE: Debian packaging - by RandumKiwi - 30 Oct 11, 08:06AM
RE: Debian packaging - by arand - 30 Oct 11, 03:20PM
RE: Debian packaging - by Viper - 30 Oct 11, 06:29PM
RE: Debian packaging - by RandumKiwi - 30 Oct 11, 08:14PM
RE: Debian packaging - by Cemer - 01 Nov 11, 05:41AM
RE: Debian packaging - by Ronald_Reagan - 02 Nov 11, 12:00AM
RE: Debian packaging - by tempest - 02 Nov 11, 12:59AM